Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2012, 05:01 PM   #1
Trying to Plan
Earning My Ears

AirTran

Hi there....Has anyone flown Air Tran? Good/Bad/OK?? See there are cheap flights out of Boston to MCO and I am considering driving from NS to Boston for flights? Just worried about using that airline...I have only used United and Air Canada before...Any feedback is welcome??

working on a new countdown!!!
Trying to Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:41 PM   #2
darwinsrule
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trying to Plan
Hi there....Has anyone flown Air Tran? Good/Bad/OK?? See there are cheap flights out of Boston to MCO and I am considering driving from NS to Boston for flights? Just worried about using that airline...I have only used United and Air Canada before...Any feedback is welcome??
As far as discount airlines go they are fine. Have used them for the Buffalo to Orlando run. They are owned by Southwest, and bit by bit they are changing things over to the SW brand so fly them while you can. Honestly not really much difference in service between SW/AT and the other lines you mentioned.
August'14 NCL Getaway ** March'15 Disney Wonder

Me DW DD10 DD6
darwinsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-26-2012, 09:13 PM   #3
pooksma
Can't help it~there is something about Ed...kinda like the Gary Sinise thing...
Well I have laughed my posterior region until it almost removed itself from my body

IMHO, Air Tran is ok. Not any worse than some of the others.

pooksma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:57 AM   #4
TheBig2na
Mouseketeer

I have flown five times with them. Not a bad thing to say about them.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:28 AM   #5
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

We are here in Orlando right now. We flew down from Buffalo via Airtran on the 23rd. It was our first time using this airline (previous trips have been via Sunwing from Toronto and Jetblue from Syracuse).

The plane was old and in desperate need of an exterior paint job (enough that that the condition of the outside of the plane made me a little wary for our safety ). And we terribly missed having our own TV's. That said, everything else was fine. I should note that we flew business class so we had very spacious seats, priority boarding and deplaning, etc. Upgraded for a very small fee from our original seats to business class when checking in at the 24 hour mark.

Airtran did oversell our flight, though. They were looking for 3 volunteers at the time of boarding to take a later flight the same day on Jetblue, and who would receive a future round-trip flight for free for their trouble.

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! **August 2014 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:36 AM   #6
Ted in Halifax
Over a 2,000 mile drive from Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trying to Plan View Post
My advice .... Airtran is okay, but as Gina said .... a little um "cheapy?", but skip BOS and look to Providence Rhode Island (PVD), Ive flown from BOS, PVD, PWM, MHT YHZ and the best deals are from PVD. Give me your dates and I will see what I can find.

Gina ... you didn't get your trip approved by us .... Demanding a new trip report!

Ted
May 2007 Fort Wilderness Cabins, Feb 2009 Pop Century, Nov 2009 Port Orleans Riverside, March 2010 Pop Century AP, May 2010 All Star Music AP, Nov 2010 POP Century AP, Feb 2011 Port Orleans Riverside AP, March 2012 AKV, March 2012 Disney Dream, March 2012 BWV, Feb 2013 POP AP, March 2013 AKL AP, July 2013 AKL AP, Dec 2013 Coronado Springs AP, Dec 2013 Saratoga Springs AP, and Dec 2013 POR French Quarter AP, JAN 2015 AKL JAMBO HOUSE Watching the SuperBowl at AKL ....
Ted in Halifax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:52 AM   #7
myzel
Mouseketeer

If you go for Boston, I remember seeing signs in Portsmouth NH for long term parking at the Amtrak for airport shuttles to Logan. Might be worth a look.
myzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:37 AM   #8
who's ur daddy?
Mouseketeer

I prefer JetBlue (personal TV's and great service), then Southwest (great service), before AirTran.

Also be careful of seat assignment fees and luggage fees. Add those up and you could sometimes do better on the other airlines.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:45 AM   #9
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted in Halifax View Post
Gina ... you didn't get your trip approved by us .... Demanding a new trip report!

Ted

Sorry Ted, I forgot to keep you all "in the know"!!

A trip report will be forthcoming in the new year......we fly back to Buffalo on Sunday afternoon (via Jetblue ), then are spending a night in Niagara Falls before returning home on the evening of the 31st. Vacations are always over so fast!!!

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! **August 2014 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: