Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2012, 08:36 AM   #1
Southerndisney
Mouseketeer

Park close 12:30, plane at 7:25am, Hotel?

My DD 18 and I will be at Disney Dec 20-22. The first night we will stay at Pop. On Dec 21st EPCOT closes at 12:30 and our flight at MCO is 7:25am. If we stay at Pop, ME will pick us up at 4:25am. I'm thinking that maybe we should rent a car that day and stay closer to the airport and get to sleep more than 3 hours. Can anyone recomend an inexpensive but safe hotel near MCO for a few hours sleep? Thanks
Southerndisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:45 AM   #2
AndyFL
This is my tag....one day I'll be all big and my color will change!

Location: Panhandle of FL just north of Panama City...basically the armpit of FL

Wouldn't it be cheaper just to take a taxi rather than bother with a car rental and hotel...all that extra time could be spent in bed.
AndyFL is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-18-2012, 04:41 PM   #3
robinb
DIS Veteran

I would consider renting a car near WDW and staying at Pop both nights. The drive to MCO in the morning will be really quick. In any case, you can get a car from Budget for less than $45 with taxes using code 'Y937800' pick up near WDW and drop off at MCO. You could also save a bunch of money if you just stay near the airport overnight v/s Pop.
robinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:16 PM   #4
seashoreCM
All around nice guy.

You'll get in a little more park time by renting a car. If you take a taxi you still have to go back to your resort to get the carryons.

You'll still have to deal with a hotel to get any time let alone all that extra time in bed.

You'll also get a little more park time and also be able to use Magical Express by delaying dinner until after you get to the airport. Then go to an airport area hotel for that last night. (From alternatives all based on leaving Disney in the 8 to 9 PM time frame.)

Last edited by seashoreCM; 11-18-2012 at 05:46 PM.
seashoreCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:00 PM   #5
Southerndisney
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the budget car rental code. I checked the Hyatt at the airport and they want $152 for the night.
Southerndisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:24 PM   #6
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southerndisney View Post
Thanks for the budget car rental code. I checked the Hyatt at the airport and they want $152 for the night.
You can still stay near the airport with your rental car and save $$. I have booked on both Priceline and Hotwire near the airport. Most hotels have free parking and you can drop your car off on the way into the airport in the morning.
robinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:39 PM   #7
Rpsemont
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

In your situation, I would use priceline or hotwire to get a hotel at the airport. Then I would either plan for a one day car rental or take a taxi after epcot.
Which hotel I got at the aiport would determinie whether I would drop the car at the aiport that night - and use the hotel shuttle. Or park at the hotel and drive to the airport the next morning. You can probably get a nice airport hotel for $50-$60.

If you want some guidance on Priceline, send me a pm and I'd be happpy to talk to you. I'm not a great typist..

Also, If you're spening that day at Epcot, look into picking up an Alamo car at the Dolphin hotel. You could easily walk over at one point, get the car, drive to POP to get your luggage and then return to park at Epcot. Remember to get a Parking sign from POP when you check in so you don't pay for parking at Epcot.
Feb 2003 - BWV and DOLPHIN;
Oct 2003 - Sher. Safari, Dolphin, BWV
Feb 2004 - BWV, Renaissance@Seaworld, OKW
Nov 2004 1st trip home! BWV,OKW;Feb 05 OKW,POFQ
Rpsemont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:32 PM   #8
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

there are several hotels near the airport

http://www.expedia.com/Hotel-Search#...dults=2&star=0

would take DME to the airport the night before you leave - now if you are doing Epcot that night - well you can't take DME because it leaves before Epcot closes.

so guess you have to get a rental car.

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote