Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2012, 01:32 AM   #1
backinoz
Mouseketeer

Location: The Land of Oz... The one Downunder, not the one with the Yellow Brick Road

Question Goofy's Dinner timing... What will work best?

We'll be celebrating my DD's 16th b'day on Tues 11 Dec while we're in DL so am trying to put together a day of fun & surprises for her while we're there. This'll be day 4 in DL for us, so we should be over any jet lag and not need an afternoon nap. These are the plans so far:

7:30am Arrive DL ready for 8am MM opening. DDs ride fantasyland rides, HMH, or Indiana Jones (if open) - I'll take passes and go line up at DCA gates ready for 9am opening to get RSR FP's - What time should I do this to minimise time taken? If I go line up at 8am, will I be out of there sooner, or am I better off lining up at 8:30?

10:00am Character Breakfast at Plaza Inn (she enjoys Character Interaction & is looking fwd to 'autograph hunting' at DL)

1:30pm Holiday Magic Tour - She loves Disney, loves Christmas, loves Parades & is a HUGE NBC fan

4:00 reserved seating for parade - What time will we be finished here?

Hopefully they won't be enforcing FP return times so we can do RSR after dark at DCA before or after dinner.

Goofy's Kitchen for dinner - I currently have 7:30pm reservations, BUT DL closes at 9pm (DCA at 8pm) that night, so we'd be unlikely to get back to the park. Do you think we'd be better off having an earlier dinner, then heading back into the park for an hour or so? Given we're doing the Plaza breakfast at 10:00, and we'll get hot choc & cookies at the parade I don't think we'll need lunch. I'm thinking that if we do a 6pm dinner at Goofy's, then we should be back in the park around 7:30 to do a few rides before closing. Or are we better off booking the Goofy's dinner as late as possible and making the most of our park time before then?

All comments appreciated - Thank you!!

DL, on to POFQ, then HRH @ Universal - Dec 2012 - Celebrating DD13 & DD15s Birthdays
Pre-Trip Report

ASMo Dec 2008 & Pop Dec 2008/Jan 2009 DLP Nov 2002 - all 4 of us - Paris in Winter is just magical, but COLD
. . . . . . . . . . .ASMo Nov/Dec 2001 with DH, DD2 & DD4
backinoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:06 PM   #2
scanmom
DIS Veteran

If it were my family,

I would book the latest time for dinner and stay in the parks until then. If you try to eat earlier with the intention of going back to the park, you will feel rushed throughout dinner. And if you don't get finished with dinner in time to go back, you may be disappointed. If you think you may get too hungry before the dinner reservation, plan a little snack in the very early evening.

can't wait to get back to the "real" world!
scanmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:18 AM   #3
backinoz
Mouseketeer

Location: The Land of Oz... The one Downunder, not the one with the Yellow Brick Road

Thanks for the advice - I've emailed Disney Dining to (hopefully) change our reservation to a later time.

DL, on to POFQ, then HRH @ Universal - Dec 2012 - Celebrating DD13 & DD15s Birthdays
Pre-Trip Report

ASMo Dec 2008 & Pop Dec 2008/Jan 2009 DLP Nov 2002 - all 4 of us - Paris in Winter is just magical, but COLD
. . . . . . . . . . .ASMo Nov/Dec 2001 with DH, DD2 & DD4
backinoz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: