Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2012, 03:29 PM   #1
bellebud
DIS Veteran

explain playstation to me please

DS11 has an xbox that he adores.

I'm looking for something for him to take when we travel. I've seen the handheld playstations, but I know nothing about them. Is there just one kind?

tia!
bellebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 04:11 PM   #2
shortbun
Peacenik

The PSViTa is the new one. DS thinks it might be hard to get this year. He just got one from Game Stop/Black Friday with Assassins Creed-violent/he's 17-saved $50. You can get external memory cards(good idea), wifi, 3G, different colors. There are bundles with with assassins creed, call of duty, madden, lego batman(target) for $250 for the wifi only, 3G will cost $100 more and only beneficial if you will someplace where you have no internet available if you want to play online. My son says it's unnecessary. There are a lot of games out there for it. Ask me, i'll ask him. The guys at Game Stop are usually a great source of information but hurry, so says my son.
We have a Xbox360 w/knect, a PS3, lots of older platforms. DS has a DS of some kind but says Nintendo doesn't 'keep up' with updating their handheld games so he prefers PS.

USE IT UP, WEAR IT OUT, MAKE IT DO OR DO WITHOUT.

IF YOUR UPKEEP EXCEEDS YOUR INCOME THEN YOUR OUTGO WILL BE YOUR DOWNFALL.
shortbun is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-24-2012, 05:37 PM   #3
bellebud
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbun View Post
The PSViTa is the new one. DS thinks it might be hard to get this year. He just got one from Game Stop/Black Friday with Assassins Creed-violent/he's 17-saved $50. You can get external memory cards(good idea), wifi, 3G, different colors. There are bundles with with assassins creed, call of duty, madden, lego batman(target) for $250 for the wifi only, 3G will cost $100 more and only beneficial if you will someplace where you have no internet available if you want to play online. My son says it's unnecessary. There are a lot of games out there for it. Ask me, i'll ask him. The guys at Game Stop are usually a great source of information but hurry, so says my son.
We have a Xbox360 w/knect, a PS3, lots of older platforms. DS has a DS of some kind but says Nintendo doesn't 'keep up' with updating their handheld games so he prefers PS.
thank you so much (and thank your ds!)

When you say your ds got one w/ assassins creed (and the bundle ones you talked about), do you mean simply that a game comes w/ the playstation?

DS plays minecraft, call of duty, zombie something, etc, so he's fine w/ any of the games.

What if we're going somewhere that there's no internet and bad cell reception? (we go to a lake that has no reception for almost anything, or if we go on a cruise and I don't want to pay for the internet), is it still good to play? I'm assuming it's just like playing xbox off-line (?)

What are the games like (meaning, the disks are what he has for xbox), what do the games come on for the handheld playstation?

Can those same playstation games be used for a playstation that his cousin has hooked up to his tv? (like the xbox console).

This is going to be his main gift, so I don't mind spending the money on the one that my ds is going to enjoy the most. We travel quite a bit, and I'd like him to have something for his down-time (without saying *mom, this isn't working*, etc).

Thanks again!! I'm going to Game Stop tomorrow!
bellebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 05:48 PM   #4
Albort
ODV Crew
The challenge is - who can find me?

You missed a great deal... PSVita with 2 games for $180 on amazon.
They have the Call of Duty pack for $200 at walmart...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: