Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2012, 05:19 AM   #1
ilanakan
Mouseketeer

mid september croud levels

How are the croud levels at both universal parks mid september?
Do we need to dash to harry potter at opening?
ilanakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:40 AM   #2
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Crowds are very, very light in mid September.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-17-2012, 12:38 PM   #3
WanderlustNZ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo
Crowds are very, very light in mid September.
That's wonderful to hear as I too will be visiting mid September next year. I've been wondering about crowd levels also, trying to work out whether or not the express pass and early entry would be that much of a perk at that time of the year.

OP, forgive me for adding more questions to your post, but does anyone know if the Universal resorts tend to offer any great specials for that time of the year?
We will be there 3 nights (arriving Wed, leaving Sat morning), and at present we can get 10% off with the Pacific resort starting at $200 a night plus tax. Does anyone know if there's a chance the resorts might get cheaper than they are now? It definitely appeals to me to book and pay now while the exchange rate is quite good. But if better specials are highly possible, I might take the gamble and wait.

WanderlustNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:44 PM   #4
flfun
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderlustNZ View Post
That's wonderful to hear as I too will be visiting mid September next year. I've been wondering about crowd levels also, trying to work out whether or not the express pass and early entry would be that much of a perk at that time of the year.

OP, forgive me for adding more questions to your post, but does anyone know if the Universal resorts tend to offer any great specials for that time of the year?
We will be there 3 nights (arriving Wed, leaving Sat morning), and at present we can get 10% off with the Pacific resort starting at $200 a night plus tax. Does anyone know if there's a chance the resorts might get cheaper than they are now? It definitely appeals to me to book and pay now while the exchange rate is quite good. But if better specials are highly possible, I might take the gamble and wait.
Your post may get moved to the resort forum but here's my two cents. Its not a gamble in mid-september. its very slow then so you're not risking anything to wait. Also, i've found its cheaper to call direct than to reserve online and yes, i've found it gets cheaper (during slow times) to wait until closer to arrival date. Don't forget to ask for any applicable discounts.
flfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:00 PM   #5
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:

You can always book now and then have changes made if cheaper rates come up. Just don't book a package but book directly with Loews (online will save you a phone call).
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:16 PM   #6
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:

First, look at this site for booking. It shows you all three all at once.

It will show you the Seasonal rate if that's the lowest, Stay More Save More if that's the lowest, etc.

You can also try the code "APH" in the code field there. That's the Annual Passholder code. If that comes up with a really good rate, you can book that without an AP in your hand. Of course, you would want to look at the price of the AP (preferred or premium...NOT the powerpass, that one does NOT give you hotel discounts) compared to your tickets, then look at how much of a discount you might get using APH. See if it makes sense. Remember that the AP gives you discounts on food and merchandise.

So if the discount makes up for the difference between AP vs ticket (and you only need ONE AP per room booked), you can book that. At checkin you either show them the AP if you already have it, or they'll let you know when to bring the AP to show them. Super-easy.

We stayed there last year in September, and from my email confirmation it seems we paid 169 for one night then 199 for the other nights (plus taxes etc), using the AP rate.

I can't really speak to crowds, though, as we have only been to Universal at lighter times. So we have a skewed perspective, where a 10 minute long wait seems like forever, LOL.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:19 PM   #7
flfun
Mouseketeer

I don't know why, but calling gives me better rate (sometimes the same) more often than not.
flfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:42 PM   #8
WanderlustNZ
DIS Veteran

Thank you so much everyone. You're all a wealth of information. It looks like I have a bit of thinking to do.
WanderlustNZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: