Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2012, 12:10 PM   #1
auroraarielella
Mouseketeer

Park Hopping

I don't have the park hopping with the Universal Package that I purchased. It's one park per day and a four day ticket. Is Universal like Disney in that I can add park hopping if I get there and decide I need it? I arrive on Sunday! Yikes!

1973-Contemporary - Wing; 1976-Contemporary - Tower; 1981-Contemporary - Wing; 1990-Carribean Beach - Trinidad South; 2003-All-Star Movies-Toy Story; 2003-All-Star Movies-Mighty Ducks; 2005-Beach Club Villas; 2008-Boardwalk Villas/Carribean Beach Resort - Aruba; 2010- Boardwalk Villas; 2012 - Hard Rock Hotel (the darkside); 2013 - Boardwalk Villas (in planning)
auroraarielella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:15 PM   #2
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by auroraarielella View Post
I don't have the park hopping with the Universal Package that I purchased. It's one park per day and a four day ticket. Is Universal like Disney in that I can add park hopping if I get there and decide I need it? I arrive on Sunday! Yikes!
Yes...you may add hopping to any base ticket. Just visit Guest Services...they will help you.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-17-2012, 06:53 PM   #3
CTDisneyfan816
DIS Veteran

And they price it so that it really is worth doing the two parks.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:39 AM   #4
PoohJen
Willing to share a Mickey Bar?
I brought it with me everywhere on my Disney cruise
Quick, get to the hammock!- Castaway Cay

Four days in only 2 parks - truly, you may find you don't need it. We had hoppers for our 2 day visit, and only hopped because we had them.

Have fun!
MNSSHP '04, '05, '06 MVMCP '07 and a few All Star quickies DCL Magic Nov '04 Eastern Trip Report Magic Wstrn Dbl Dip Aug '06 Trip Report, Wonder Dec '07 Trip Report Magic Dble Dip Aug '09 Trip Report Wonder Feb '10 DCL Dream July '11, Aug '13
PoohJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:14 AM   #5
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoohJen View Post
Four days in only 2 parks - truly, you may find you don't need it. We had hoppers for our 2 day visit, and only hopped because we had them.

Have fun!

No you won't NEED it. People are so used to having to rush, rush, rush at Disney that they figure they need to do the same thing at Universal and run from ride to ride without taking time to actually enjoy all the little things. With 4 days at Universal you can have a real vacation where you spend time at the theme parks, at the resorts and at the restaurants and shops and actually come home rested!!!

We love to sleep in, do a few rides at each park, have something to eat, do a few more rides, go back to the hotel for a while, go do a few more rides, etc. etc. At Universal, unlike at Disney, you don't spend the majority of your time waiting to ride. It takes some getting used to but once you adjust your brain to the fact that waiting on buses and in a line won't be your longest experiences, you realize that you can actually do a huge variety of things at Universal.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:17 AM   #6
tajz90
Mama D

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo

No you won't NEED it. People are so used to having to rush, rush, rush at Disney that they figure they need to do the same thing at Universal and run from ride to ride without taking time to actually enjoy all the little things. With 4 days at Universal you can have a real vacation where you spend time at the theme parks, at the resorts and at the restaurants and shops and actually come home rested!!!
This is true! We do park hop, but it is a much slower pace. Our favorite is still Disney, but at Universal, we actually shop at the stores and enjoy pool time.
tajz90 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: