Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2012, 07:01 PM   #1
GrandCanyon
Mouseketeer

Question Any Dream Concierge Tips / Hints / Advice ???

We're on the Dream in a concierge suite on deck 12 in January. What are your recommendations, and what were you offered or had exclusive access to that you didn't use? Tips? Hints? Advice?
GrandCanyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:18 PM   #2
disneywonderfun
DIS Veteran

My best advice is to have low expectations. I know that sounds strange, but I do think some first time concierge guests develop unrealistic expectaions of what they should get from the experience.

We first sailed in the Roy Suite on the Wonder maybe five years ago. Prior to that, we had only been on one Disney cruise but enjoyed it so much, that we decided to rebook in a Royal Suite. Well, leading up to the cruise, I simply think we just got into a unreasonable frame of mind. Reading disboards and other sites, I kind of figured that no request would be too excessive. Well, I was, of course, wrong. DCL has a fairly set play book when it comes to concierge guests. The waters are not going open up and allow you latitude that basically is not available to other guests. I actually appreciate that.

So, I just do not think there are any real tips that you need to know beforehand. Just go and enjoy your time!

DWF

P.S. Do not get me wrong, we have sailed on the Dream in the Walt and are booked next year on the Fantasy in the Walt. The cruises are great and the experiences are helped with the extra expense of the concierge cabin. We obviously do think it is worth the extra premium. But, again, the perks are not earth shattering, so just go with the flow.
disneywonderfun is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: