Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2012, 07:37 PM   #1
firefly87
Mouseketeer

Few things I've noticed.....here now!

We have been in the parks since Thurs Nov. 15. Here's a few things I've noticed.......

They are no longer separating 4/5 day park hoppers at the Main Entrance.

We asked at a ticket booth if we could add a day to our hoppers from a 5 day to a 6 day. They would not upgrade at the old 6 day price. We would have to add a full price single day ticket at $125 each. Thanks.....but no thanks!!!! Instead we are going to take a down day tomorrow and sleep in, maybe do some shopping at DTD.

We watched the Holiday parade and also fireworks at the tiered area across from Small World. Great place to watch both!! You get to see Small World light up and the projections on there during the fireworks. Also, that is a place where it snows at the end of fireworks.

Mad T Party over in CA is interesting. We went thru it at night and it was thumping back there! Reminded me of a night club. I couldn't really tell for sure but it seemed like they had a bar area where they served alcohol back there. It was really popular with the younger crowd. It just seemed odd to me that it was right in front of a kid ride (Monsters Inc) and right next to Muppet Vision.

We watched the 2nd WOC show last night. The show was amazing as usual!! My MIL was at the first show and it was absolutely PACKED. We got FP's for the 2nd show and didn't really need them. Hardly anyone was there. I would highly suggest seeing the 2nd show if you can. You can walk up as the show starts and get a great viewing spot.

That's all for now......will post more later!!
Old 11-17-2012, 07:49 PM   #2
junmatno
DIS Veteran

Looks like they out Mad T Party where they used to have ElecTRONica before. It's a little clubby, but the kids loved it even saw some younger ones dancing around with their parents. The alcohol would be new though : o
junmatno is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-17-2012, 08:21 PM   #3
firefly87
Mouseketeer

I forgot to add that I ordered the Photo Pass Plus before we left and it has been well worth the money!!!! Between ride photos and posed photos, I probably have about 45 pictures so far.....and we still have 2 more days to go with a character breakfast!! I never order ride photos, but have gotten every one with this pass. if you are wondering if it's worth the money, I would have to say a definite YES!!
Old 11-17-2012, 08:57 PM   #4
Dizzy4DL
Dole Whip and a jalapeno pretzel? Don't mind if I do...

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefly87 View Post
I forgot to add that I ordered the Photo Pass Plus before we left and it has been well worth the money!!!! Between ride photos and posed photos, I probably have about 45 pictures so far.....and we still have 2 more days to go with a character breakfast!! I never order ride photos, but have gotten every one with this pass. if you are wondering if it's worth the money, I would have to say a definite YES!!
Our next trip is a 3 generations (me, my dd, my mom), four days, we don't do character meals, and we go in the off season when there aren't as many photo pass people out. Would you recommend it for me?

Disneyland '88, '93, Feb. '10, Jan. '11, Feb. '12, Jan. '13

Disney World - Pop Century April '14
Dizzy4DL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:38 PM   #5
firefly87
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy4DL View Post
Our next trip is a 3 generations (me, my dd, my mom), four days, we don't do character meals, and we go in the off season when there aren't as many photo pass people out. Would you recommend it for me?
Well, if you do 4 rides that have photos taken, you would almost pay for it. A digital download of your photo is $14.95, and digital download & 5x7 photo is $16.95 (I'm pretty sure...). Since the pre-order is $69.95, you would need to do 4 1/2 photos. Obviously you cant do a half photo, so let's make it 5. If you do a couple ride photos and 3 photo pass photographer pics, you would pay for it! I think it's do-able for you!
Old 11-17-2012, 11:46 PM   #6
Eeee-va
Happiest robot on Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy4DL View Post
I don't know how it'll be when you go, but in early November 2012 (very off-season) DCA was just SWARMING with Photopass photographers, especially in Cars Land and Buena Vista Street. I wish we'd gotten more photos, but with 4 people and 2.5 days (2 days and the Halloween party) we managed to get more than 60 photos of us. This was without trying very hard, and only meeting 4 or 5 characters if I recall correctly. (I'd argue all the characters were fairly minor, though one photographer took quite a few photos while we were interacting with a character.) We could have easily hit 100 and frankly should have, but we got lazy. And that's all before cropping, adding borders, etc.

Our 11 ride photos are mostly terrible, but at least there is photographic proof I went on Tower of Terror!

Also, you can perhaps split the price with your mom? We split the cost between the 4 members of our party, making it less than $18 apiece.

Anyway, if you WANT photographs of your whole party for any reason, I'd say it's definitely worth it, even for a 3-day trip (and one could probably MAKE it worth it on a 2-day trip or maybe even a special occasion 1-day trip if you got a TON of photos).
Eeee-va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:16 AM   #7
ManusDei
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by junmatno View Post
Looks like they out Mad T Party where they used to have ElecTRONica before. It's a little clubby, but the kids loved it even saw some younger ones dancing around with their parents. The alcohol would be new though : o
Just wanted to let you all know, alcohol is not new to these events; drinks were served during ElecTRONica too. DGF and I split a Glow-tini, complete with a souvenir plastic martini glass that had color-changing lights built into the stem. I recall another drink was also sold with similar color-changing reusable ice cubes. There was the End of the Line bar and also a pop-up venue which was in front of the entrance to Animation Academy, and both served these drinks. I'm not sure if the food truck used to serve Tron drinks as well.

Now at Mad T Party, there's the Drink Me bar, and also whatever replaced the End of the Line bar. I think the food truck now serves drinks too.
ManusDei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:58 PM   #8
junmatno
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManusDei

Just wanted to let you all know, alcohol is not new to these events; drinks were served during ElecTRONica too. DGF and I split a Glow-tini, complete with a souvenir plastic martini glass that had color-changing lights built into the stem. I recall another drink was also sold with similar color-changing reusable ice cubes. There was the End of the Line bar and also a pop-up venue which was in front of the entrance to Animation Academy, and both served these drinks. I'm not sure if the food truck used to serve Tron drinks as well.

Now at Mad T Party, there's the Drink Me bar, and also whatever replaced the End of the Line bar. I think the food truck now serves drinks too.
I never knew that! Something to look forward to next June when we go!
junmatno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:38 PM   #9
*Seanaci*
DIS-obsessed and proud!

Ok. I'm almost sold on PhotoPass+. We will be there in 5 weeks...when should I pre-order?

Me(34), DH(43), DS(6), DM(56), DG(61)
*Seanaci* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:45 PM   #10
keltiesmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Seanaci*
Ok. I'm almost sold on PhotoPass+. We will be there in 5 weeks...when should I pre-order?
I would order it now, I don't think there are any reasons to wait. I imagine the expiry on the pictures is from activation not order date, although I could be wrong.
keltiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:14 AM   #11
starshine514
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Seanaci* View Post
They say to order at least two weeks in advance. The voucher timeframe doesn't start ticking until you activate it at the park.
Disneyland Trips -1983, 1986, May 2011 - Desert Inn & Suites, August 2011 - Super 8 on Katella, November 2011 - Desert Inn & Suites, December 2011 - Quality Inn on Manchester, January 2012 - Desert Inn & Suites, March 2012 - Desert Inn & Suites, May 2012 - Del Sol Inn, September 2012 - Del Sol Inn, November 2012 - Del Sol Inn, January 2013 - Ramada Maingate, February 2013 - Quality Inn on Manchester, April 2013 - Del Sol Inn, May 2013 - Hojo, August 2013 - Del Sol Inn, September 2013 - Desert Inn & Suites, November 2013 (one day trip!) - Welk Resort San Diego, September 2014 - Halloween Party! - Welk Resort San Diego
Disney World Trips - July 1988, January 2010 - Sheraton Vistana Resort, November 2010 (work trip - no family along) - Coronado Springs Resort
starshine514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:35 PM   #12
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Alcohol isn't new, they had it at ElecTRONica as well. I have some of the glow cups and cubes from both. I don't see it as an issue, they serve alcohol all over DCA.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:02 PM   #13
ArchOwl
The Highly Educated Owl

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiewings71
Alcohol isn't new, they had it at ElecTRONica as well. I have some of the glow cups and cubes from both. I don't see it as an issue, they serve alcohol all over DCA.
And do you remember Glow Fest? That is when I believe they began having parties in the Hollywood area at night. They served alcohol as well, Glowtinis as well as other beverages. This was when World of Color premiered.
ArchOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:30 PM   #14
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

I remember the talk of Glow Fest, I never made it there but I did for ElecTRONica.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:03 PM   #15
Keurigirl
let's all sing like the birdies sing

No more separation for 4/5 day park hoppers? YAY!
Disney Cruises: W. Caribbean 3/12, Alaska 8/12, W. Caribbean 4/13, Alaska 8/13, Transatlantic 5/14, Alaska 8/14 next trip: Alaska 8/15
Keurigirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: