Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2012, 05:40 PM   #31
DesertGal
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildel1021
DH and I are doing a B2B...we are doing the 14 night translantic from Galveston to Barcelona, and then the 7 night Med cruise....21 days on the Magic in the same cabin (5150) can't wait
I'm jealous. Sounds fabulous.

Our dreams come true:
DS Alec 7
DD Olivia 5
DesertGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:56 PM   #32
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcashner View Post
Our 7 night cruise on the Fantasy did not have a character breakfast (listed above as an advantage). We have experienced them on the classic ships when our cruise was 7 nights or longer.
Oops! Thanks for pointing that out. I thought we had done one on the Fantasy in June. But apparently, I've mixed up my cruises. I've edited my list above.

1979 .......... Golf Resort
1984 .......... Hotel Royal Plaza
1989 .......... Offsite?
2007 Jun .................................................. .................................................. ................. Newport Bay Club
2008 May-Jun .. Shades of Green ................. Wonder 4-night Bahamas Double-dip
2009 Jul ...... Shades of Green ................. Magic 7-night E. Caribbean Tortola
2010 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Northern Europe
2010 Dec ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Magic 11-night S. Caribbean Holiday
2011 Jul ........................................ Wonder 7-night Alaska .................... Villas at Grand Californian
2011 Oct ...... Polynesian - AKV Kidani
2012 Jun ...... Bay Lake Tower .................. Fantasy 7-night W. Caribbean
2013 Mar ...... Beach Club Villas - BLT ......... Dream 4/3-night Bahamas Back-to-Back
2014 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Med. Barcelona-Venice

Future Plans:

2015 Jan ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Fantasy 7-night E. Caribbean San Juan
2015 Jun-Jul .................................... Magic 11-night Norwegian Fjords & Iceland
bigAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-30-2012, 12:21 PM   #33
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

What should we expect to be open (on the Dream) when we get back on the ship? I've seen that the Aqua Duck would likely be closed for a while, but would the pools be open? What about the fitness center? Sports deck? Maybe most importantly, when do the bars reopen?

1989 .......... Offsite?
2007 Jun .................................................. .................................................. ................. Newport Bay Club
2008 May-Jun .. Shades of Green ................. Wonder 4-night Bahamas Double-dip
2009 Jul ...... Shades of Green ................. Magic 7-night E. Caribbean Tortola
2010 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Northern Europe
2010 Dec ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Magic 11-night S. Caribbean Holiday
2011 Jul ........................................ Wonder 7-night Alaska .................... Villas at Grand Californian
2013 Mar ...... Beach Club Villas - BLT ......... Dream 4/3-night Bahamas Back-to-Back
2014 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Med. Barcelona-Venice

Future Plans:

2015 Jan ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Fantasy 7-night E. Caribbean San Juan
2015 Jun-Jul .................................... Magic 11-night Norwegian Fjords & Iceland
Old 11-30-2012, 12:23 PM   #34
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildel1021 View Post
DH and I are doing a B2B...we are doing the 14 night translantic from Galveston to Barcelona, and then the 7 night Med cruise....21 days on the Magic in the same cabin (5150) can't wait
You wouldn't happen to be Van Halen fans would you?

1989 .......... Offsite?

Future Plans:

Old 11-30-2012, 12:32 PM   #35
toontoy
Mouseketeer

We boarded the Fantasy with group 2 in September and we were ready to go on the aqua duck but it didnt open for another hour. We even wore our swim stuff as we planned on racing to the top. The pools and things opened after 1 on our cruise
toontoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:27 PM   #36
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigAWL View Post
What should we expect to be open (on the Dream) when we get back on the ship? I've seen that the Aqua Duck would likely be closed for a while, but would the pools be open? What about the fitness center? Sports deck? Maybe most importantly, when do the bars reopen?
We did a b2b on the Dream last Nov. We didn't look into fitness center, bars or sports deck so I can't answer that. The pools were open with just a small handful of guests, maybe 5. That was just heavenly on a hot, sunny day. Possibly a movie played on the big screen. I can't recall exactly.
The Aquaduck opened at noon. Since newly boarding passengers were walking on with that dazed look of wonder, pulling carry-on luggage, we were in our bathing suits and ready to slide at noon. We had some lunch and I finished some laundry. The time flew by so quickly it really wasn't difficult at all.

When we 1st reboarded, they were putting up Christmas decorations so we watched them for a little. It was amazing how much they had gotten done in the hour or so we were off the ship, especially considering it was the Dream's 1st Christmas. I wish they'd come do my house!
They were in the midst of building the gingerbread house during the 1st leg of the b2b so it was nice to see it completed by the end of the 2nd leg.

It was neat to do once but it would have to be a massive $$ saver to do that again. We all prefer the vibe of a 7 nt. It just feels different.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: