Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2012, 01:47 PM   #1
Crusingbean
Earning My Ears

Stollers

Iheard that you can borrow strollers from Disney on the cruise if you put down a deposit...

-How big are the strollers?
-Can you keep the stroller for the duration on the cruise?

Thanks!
Crusingbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:01 PM   #2
wifey1220
DIS Veteran

I borrowed one in sept 2011. Picked it up day 1 and returned it on the last day. It was nice I don't remember the brand. This year I borrowed a wagon at castaway cay they had strollers there too. When I borrowed the stroller from the ship I think they put a hold on my cc in case I didn't return the stroller.
2003 offsite, 2005 ASmovies and free dining, 2006 ASmovies and free dining, 2007 ASmusic and free dining, 2008 Pop Century and free dining, 2009 ASmusic and free dining, 2011 Disney cruise and Pop Century, 2012 Cruise on dream , 2013 Disney cruise on the Fantasy, 2013dcl dream and por free dining, 2014 dcl magic 3 nt and 7 nt eastern
wifey1220 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-17-2012, 07:03 PM   #3
ElenaRN
Mouseketeer

The strollers DCL has are the Baby Jogger City Elite (or maybe Select) I believe.
From what I understand you leave a deposit (I want to say approx $250) and you can keep the stroller as long as you wish. There are a limited amt of strollers though.

Also, they have more strollers and wagons on CC. We got off the ship about 1030 and were able to get one of each and it seemed there were plenty left.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:52 PM   #4
goeva
DIS Veteran

Stroller Rental - $200.00 security deposit will be charged to your room account until stroller is returned to Guest Services.
You can find the picture of stroller here.

Last edited by goeva; 11-19-2012 at 11:14 AM.
goeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:33 AM   #5
JustTJ
Luv Dising

Does anyone know if DCL has double strollers? My daughter and SIL are cruising with us with their 7 month old twins. My daughter was going to purchase two umbrella strollers, but as this trip is thier Honeymoon and I will looking after the babies plenty, I can't push two separate strollers around. So I suggested she bring her front to back double stroller (they are driving to the port). That way I can deal, and the babies can sleep in that as the seats recline. Being a front to back, it won't hinder passage in the hallways, and will still store nicely when folded up. We won't use it in the dining rooms, the babies will be carried in that case. But if DCL rents double strollers, that might save us from having to bring one ourselves.
2011 Disney Dream "Mommy & Tim" B2B Cruise
2013 Disney Fantasy "Escape From Winter" Cruise

2014 RCI Oasis "Birthday Cruise"
2014 Disney Fantasy "Halloween" Cruise
JustTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:40 AM   #6
DesertGal
Mouseketeer

They only have single strollers to borrow. You can fold up your stroller and put it under the bed when not in use

Our dreams come true:
DS Alec 7
DD Olivia 5
DesertGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:21 PM   #7
Embraer
Mouseketeer

I doubt they rent doubles as they'd be a safety risk in the narrow corridors. Can't recommend City Joggers more though, we rented one from an off-site company whilst staying at WDW last year and as a result bought the new GT model for our second child this year
Old 11-19-2012, 06:20 AM   #8
realityland
Mouseketeer

Location: Latitude 27° 5' 59.199" Longitude -82° 27' 15.3475" (Venice, Florida)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embraer
I doubt they rent doubles as they'd be a safety risk in the narrow corridors. Can't recommend City Joggers more though, we rented one from an off-site company whilst staying at WDW last year and as a result bought the new GT model for our second child this year
Just back from The Dream on Thursday. We took our City Mini GT. It fit through our stateroom door with no problem. No problems navigating the ship with it. Wouldn't do the cruise without it.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:36 AM   #9
Embraer
Mouseketeer

That's good to know as they do seem to have a wider wheel-base than normal strollers
Old 11-19-2012, 11:43 AM   #10
leighi123
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustTJ View Post
Does anyone know if DCL has double strollers? My daughter and SIL are cruising with us with their 7 month old twins. My daughter was going to purchase two umbrella strollers, but as this trip is thier Honeymoon and I will looking after the babies plenty, I can't push two separate strollers around. So I suggested she bring her front to back double stroller (they are driving to the port). That way I can deal, and the babies can sleep in that as the seats recline. Being a front to back, it won't hinder passage in the hallways, and will still store nicely when folded up. We won't use it in the dining rooms, the babies will be carried in that case. But if DCL rents double strollers, that might save us from having to bring one ourselves.

They have these things that that 'tie' single umbrella strollers together like a double. Then you can use it as a double or separate as singles so you have flexibility.

Here is one version: http://www.amazon.com/Munchkin-20065...ref=pd_cp_ba_0
leighi123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:48 PM   #11
jdemwe
Earning My Ears

The strollers that DCL has are Peg Perego brand. At least they were on the Dream and Fantasy. They do not have double strollers (we asked because we have twins), but you really would not want a double stroller with the limited space in halls and elevators on a cruise ship.

We rented them for a couple of cruises and loved them.

We would leave the strollers parked outside of our stateroom and it worked great. We noticed that several staterooms did this with strollers (both DCL and private) as well as scooters and wheelchairs.

The ONLY problem we had with strollers is that you have to use the elevator instead of the stairs and sometimes the elevators can be a little busy. Plus you do not burn off as many calories from all of the eating when you do not take the stairs!
jdemwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:30 PM   #12
JustTJ
Luv Dising

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighi123 View Post
They have these things that that 'tie' single umbrella strollers together like a double. Then you can use it as a double or separate as singles so you have flexibility.

Here is one version: http://www.amazon.com/Munchkin-20065...ref=pd_cp_ba_0
Thank you very much for that info!! I had no idea such contraptions existed. I'll show this to my daughter and let her decide. I do like the idea though of bringing their own double as the seats do recline so they can have naps on the go, plus the basket below to carry their gear. It won't be a problem in hallways as it's a front to back double NOT a side by side. Width wise, it's no bigger than DCL's own strollers. It's just longer.
2011 Disney Dream "Mommy & Tim" B2B Cruise
2013 Disney Fantasy "Escape From Winter" Cruise

2014 RCI Oasis "Birthday Cruise"
2014 Disney Fantasy "Halloween" Cruise
JustTJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: