Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2012, 11:02 AM   #31
laura_<3
DIS Veteran

Definitely!

I know eyes will roll when I say where we are going for our honeymoon but who cares?! :-)
August 2005 - Indian Ridge Villas May 2009 - All Star Sports (Steven's first trip!)July 2011 - Royal Palms Villas July/August 2011 trip reportSeptember 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside September 2012 trip report July 2015 - Our Disney Wedding, Port Orleans Riverside
Engaged at Magic Kingdom 23rd September 2012 My Youtube Channel New - My wedding blog https://lauradisneybride.wordpress.com/
laura_<3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:26 AM   #32
amacspad
Disneyholic!!!

Register to remove

Old 11-18-2012, 11:34 AM   #33
OhanaSam
Mouseketeer

If you stay at a different hotel then technically you are going somewhere different every time

Me(23) DBF(23)
OhanaSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:05 PM   #34
Portugal1000
DIS Veteran

I have had so many horrible comments from people over the years, it just amazed me how my holiday can upset people. Guaranteed these will be the people who spend 2 weeks sitting by a pool drinking and nit even seeing outside the resort. Also surprises me how many people I work with go on holiday without their children and then comment that I must be bored with Florida. If I was bored I wouldn't go. I would never dream of commenting negatively about someone's holiday. I work really hard to be able to give my family a great holiday every year and we also love all the planning involved. We have other holidays too so are very lucky but right now I just can't see when we will ever get bored with Florida.
On a plus side, I have also helped lots of people plan their first Disney trip and they ate always so grateful as we manage to save an awful lot if money compared to the package price.
Dec 08 - All Star Sports, Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Hilton Grand Vacations Sea World, 21 Nights
August 09 - Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, 17 Nights
Nov 09 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek, 15 Nights
Dec 10 - Quality Suites,Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Homewood Suites, 18 Nights
August 2011 - Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, 19 Nights
July 2012 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek, 21 Nights - Hard Rock Hotel, 1 Night
July 2013 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek, 22 Nights - Universal Royal Pacific Hotel, 1 Night
August 2014 - Tradewinds Resort, 4 Nights - Universal Royal Pacific, 1 Night - Wyndham Bonnet Creek 18 Nights
Portugal1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:05 PM   #35
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhanaSam View Post
If you stay at a different hotel then technically you are going somewhere different every time
True

However we will be staying at the same resort for the fourth year in a row on our next trip. Because we like it. I have got over the need to try justify my choices by reasoning with the unreasonable

I also don't feel compelled to offer any explanation to anyone other than those involved in paying for our trips ... which would be me, exclusively, and I fully support my own decisions

And a sneaky add-on at Bay Lake Tower
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:18 PM   #36
laura_<3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhanaSam
Very true haha!! I like it!! :-)
August 2005 - Indian Ridge Villas May 2009 - All Star Sports (Steven's first trip!)July 2011 - Royal Palms Villas July/August 2011 trip reportSeptember 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside September 2012 trip report July 2015 - Our Disney Wedding, Port Orleans Riverside
Engaged at Magic Kingdom 23rd September 2012 My Youtube Channel New - My wedding blog https://lauradisneybride.wordpress.com/
laura_<3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:09 PM   #37
Disneynutinlondon
It's been such a blast with all the lurkers and fluffing
I seem to be whitering on in a constant stream of random thoughts
I think I'll just go with the small one

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tiggies View Post

I also don't feel compelled to offer any explanation to anyone other than those involved in paying for our trips ... which would be me, exclusively, and I fully support my own decisions
I just love the way you think Just like me
Old 11-18-2012, 01:18 PM   #38
amacspad
Disneyholic!!!

Quote:
Lol, love it!

Debs xx
Old 11-18-2012, 03:11 PM   #39
married2mm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tiggies View Post
True

However we will be staying at the same resort for the fourth year in a row on our next trip. Because we like it. I have got over the need to try justify my choices by reasoning with the unreasonable

that's very funny-i hope you have an interesting dialogue amongst yourself!
married2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:11 PM   #40
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneynutinlondon View Post
I just love the way you think Just like me
See? We understand each other

Quote:
Originally Posted by married2mm View Post
that's very funny-i hope you have an interesting dialogue amongst yourself!
No need to discuss what's already agreed

And a sneaky add-on at Bay Lake Tower
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:44 AM   #41
amacspad
Disneyholic!!!

So glad it's not just me then lol!

Debs xx
Old 11-19-2012, 06:27 AM   #42
alibeau
DIS Veteran

One of the Mums at school (who knows we go twice a year) booked to go last July. I was SO excited for her but she told me that it was just a 'ticking a box exercise' and that they were only going for the kids

When she got back I asked her how they got on, kids loved it, parents didn't Oh well, at least she can tick her box

We're all different but it just seemed like such a shame

I often get the 'what, again?' comments..... couldn't give a monkies as we have the time of our lives

Ali
alibeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:38 AM   #43
zummerzet66
Are we there yet?!

Quote:
Absolutely! Our fourth trip next year will be to our fourth different place. We've done a hotel, a private villa, a private condo, and now we're going to a hotel condo so yes, it's different every time.
August 2013 Lake Buena Vista Resort Village - Pre-Trippy here

zummerzet66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:27 PM   #44
NatalieMT
Mouseketeer

I don't think I will ever tire of Disney, people don't understand every holiday is different even if you're going to the same places. You see things differently, maybe visit some new attractions, go with different family/friends, stay in different hotels etc. It's never the same! We've also got talking to many people whilst away, it's just always a new experience.

The thing about Disney for me is almost everything is laid on for you. I don't want to hire a car and it's so easy to get around at Disney. The free dining is excellent, all you really have to do is book your dining reservations and turn up. It's just so easy. The thing we enjoyed most about our last trip in August/September was it was very relaxing because there was nothing we really had to worry about. For me it's also a very safe place, or at least I've always felt safe there. I can't imagine going somewhere that you're literally too scared to leave the complex.

I also think if you like somewhere then why should you be forced to try something else. I'm happy with what I like to do! There's lots of places in the US I'd like to see but I'm a bit worried none of them would compare. I for one can't wait to go back to Disney in April and if anyone I know doesn't like it then that's up to them.

NatalieMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:35 PM   #45
diddldonna
DIS Veteran

I am lucky my work friends are nuts about disney and we all try and hitch a ride in each others suitcase's lol.

As for family my dad thought disney was for kids and when we went with him for the first time he thought he was going to hate it. Well he has been again and planning on another trip in 2014. We took my in-laws and they wasn't expecting much and they loved it and would go again.

I did have one person at work say to me, oh now your Children have grown up after this trip i suppose you would go somewhere else. Why? I want to go with out the children and experience disney in a different way, go where we want lol.

Also i priced up a holiday to spain all inclusive for 1 week for 4 adults (me, hubby, son (18), daughter (14)) and it was £3600 approx. For £1000 more i am staying at OKW with DDP with tickets, transport for 11 days. I dont have to spend much more at disney but if we went to spain, we would have to pay out for excursions etc. on top. So really over all disney is a better deal.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: