Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2012, 07:23 AM   #1
Amstar
Mouseketeer

AoA questions (Buses, distances etc)

Does AoA still have their own dedicated bus service?

From the LM rooms is it a long walk to the buses, food, etc?

What are some good rooms to ask for in the LM section

thanks
Amstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:49 PM   #2
Donald Fan 2005
Mouseketeer

We visited AoA yesterday and yes the LM wing is a long distance from the main pool and food locations. Don't know about their own bus service because I didn't notice this while we were walking around. Curios to hear about this resort because thinking about staying there. NExt fall.

Donald Fan 2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-17-2012, 01:53 PM   #3
msmith07101
DIS Veteran

Yes, they have their own bus. We are at Pop, but my sister is at AoA, so we have used the bus a few times.
'94 Port Orleans French Qtr/'95 Caribbean Beach Resort/'97 Coronado Springs/'01 All Star Music/'02 Sandals Royal Caribbean Jamaica/'05 CBR/'07 Disneyland & California Adventure- offsite/'08 Beaches Boscobel Jamaica/May 23,09 Disney Magic
December 2009 WDW CBR & Universal RPR
June 2010 Venice & Rome Italy
December 2010 Pop Century...to see my son & his HS marching band perform at WDW & US Macy's Parade!!
November 2012 Pop Century
November 2013- NYC- Macys Parade HS Band Trip

msmith07101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:56 PM   #4
amomma23
DIS Veteran

They do have their own busses. We stayed in Little Mermaid and didn't think the walk was bad. King Tritan and Ursula's building are closer to Animation Hall/busses than Ariel. For quickest walk to bus I'd go with Tritan and walk the path between the building and parking lot all the way to the bus, not going through Animation Hall.
amomma23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:54 PM   #5
JennyDrake
Darkwing Duck's Biggest Fan

I was there in OCtober. As PPers have said, yes to the own buses.

I am a runner and _I_ thought it was quite the hike from LM to food court or buses. (We were in Triton.) So much so that I never used the refillable mugs other than meals. I WISH I had measured, but my best guess is 1/4 to 1/3 mile, one way.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:56 PM   #6
primrosea
Mouseketeer

We just got back from a 2 week trip and stayed in the LM rooms building 9 (Triton) third floor. We did tno find the walk to the food court much longer than the one we had when we stayed at POR. The only time it really seemed long was when you were coming back from the Big Blue Pool and the wind would blow at you and make you much colder. The wind through the LK area was pretty intense sometimes. The scenery is so nice that we found ourselves enjoying the walk to and from the main area and even did the walk to Pop almost daily to eat at their food court.

We had a pool facing room even though we asked for a lake or grass facing one but did not notice the noise at all. We felt that it was a very quiet resort and we all slept great.

They do have their own bises and liked being able to jump on the AoA bus or the Pop bus to come back (whichever came first). Between these two resorts we never waited more than 5 minutes for a bus, even after the Halloween party.
Pop~October 2012

AoALM~October-November 2012
Port Orleans Riverside~October 2013

http://livingontheprimrosepath.blogspot.com/ LETS TALK GLUTEN FREE DISNEY
primrosea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:02 PM   #7
disneydreamfan14
See Ya Real Soon!

AoA does have its own buses. The lines are usually fine as buses are maybe 5 minutes in between each other for each park (10:00 bus leaves to MK, 10:05 new bus for MK arrives) was our experience.

LM is not as far as many make it seem. Triton building is the closest, then Ursula, farthest Ariel. 5 minute walk if you walk slow, 2 minute if youre fast.

Coming back from the parks, buses are usually lining up right after each other (once again, our experience). If you are lucky enough to have a POP bus filling up with a short line and an AoA bus is no where in sight, take the POP bus. The walk from POP to LM is worth it instead of waiting around for an AoA bus. Maybe a 10 minute walk at most (as I said, depends on your speed) back to LM.
Disney Cruise Line
•2011 - Disney Dream 3-night Bahamas
Disneyland
•2012 - Day Trip
disneydreamfan14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: