Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2012, 05:16 PM   #16
Nat Tucker
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharma517
We would like to take our older kids to see the ruins (ages 7-11). I do not see that Disney has an excursion. I see some companies during my search you can book thru. Is this recommended? What else can we do on Costa Maya. Beach day? What is a good beach for us?

Thanks!
we are going to do the Maya Chen beach. Got recommendation from a fellow DISer and they have great reviews onTrip Advisor. www.costamayabeachresort.com we're going there in three weeks off of the EB Panama Canal cruise.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

• Wonder Eastbound Panama Canal December 2012
  • Dream DVC Member Cruise Bahamas September 2012
  • Dream Bahamas April 2012
  • Magic Eastern Caribbean October 2011
  • Wonder Bahamas December 2010
Proud DVC Member since 2011 | Home Resort: Saratoga Springs
Nat Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:20 PM   #17
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenawen View Post
Is all there to do in Costa Maya is visit ruins? Please tell me there is shopping....
There is a very small port area with a few shops. We were very unimpressed with the souvenirs. Much of what we saw, we can buy the exact same thing here at home (San Antonio). Granted people who live further from Mexico may find it more interesting than we do, but it is stuff we can just go downtown to buy and don't.
Register to remove

Old 11-17-2012, 05:24 PM   #18
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

My parents considered Native Choice but their excursion times over runs the DCL time by 1 hour I think.

I emailed them for confirmation that it will run based on the Fantasy's schedule, but didn't feel confident so ended up booking through DCL anyway.
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:11 PM   #19
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpooh108 View Post
My parents considered Native Choice but their excursion times over runs the DCL time by 1 hour I think.

I emailed them for confirmation that it will run based on the Fantasy's schedule, but didn't feel confident so ended up booking through DCL anyway.
They will modify for the cruise ships schedule. Their tours are not set in stone at all. The day I was there we were the only ship in Costa Maya so the two tours at they had at Chacchoben were only DCL people. I was told to head to the check in desk as soon as we got off the ship, we did not wait until one hour after the ship docked as their website says. We only waited about 10 minutes after checking in before we left. If you fell more comfortable with DCL then book through the ship, just want to make others aware that The Native Choice will work with times.

Last edited by sissy_ib; 11-18-2012 at 10:42 AM.
sissy_ib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:30 AM   #20
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sissy_ib View Post
They will modify for the cruise ships schedule. Their tours are not set in stone at all. The day I was there we were the only ship in Costa Maya so the two tours at the had Chacchoben only DCL people. I was told to head to the check in desk as soon as we got off the ship, we did not wait until one hour after the ship docked as their website says. We only waited about 10 minutes after checking in before we left. If you fell more comfortable with DCL then book through the ship, just want to make others aware that The Native Choice will work with times.
Thanks, that's very helpful. We'll consider it. They still have 4 days to cancel their DCL booking before they leave.
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: