Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2012, 11:10 PM   #1
Oz-kateer
DIS Veteran

Some basic questions about getting to and from Port Canaveral....

Hi - planning on cruising Dream Sept 2014 (was going to be 2013 but changed our minds, so a lot of the details of what we'd like to do have already been bedded down, just waiting for 2014 dates to be announced so we can swap our bookings over).

Just a few questions from those experienced cruisers who piggy-back their cruise with a stay at WDW.

1. Getting from MCO to Port Canaveral - I believe buses similar to ME run from MCO to PC, although they are not free. I have advised my TA that we will be using these buses and asked her to ensure we have prepaid tickets on our booking. Do these buses run on a schedule, do you have to book a specific time? Or do you just show up and catch the next bus? What time should I aim to catch one of these buses? How long is the journey? (was told 1 - 2 hours, but that was by someone who have never actually done it)

2. Getting from PC to WDW - at the end of our cruise we are spending 8 days at WDW. I believe buses take you from PC to WDW, and they are not free. How long does the journey take? Do you have to prebook a time? What is the latest bus you can catch from PC to WDW?

Thanks in advance.

Sept 2014: DCL/WDW/DLR
Sept 2012: DL Paris
Sept/Oct 2011:WDW POFQ
Sept/Oct 2010:WDW POP
Sept/Oct 2009: WDW POP
Nov 1997: WDW/DLR
April 1995: WDW
1992: WDW/DLR/EURODISNEY
1990: WDW/DLR ~ 1988: WDW/DLR ~ 1975: DLR
Oz-kateer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:30 PM   #2
kcashner
DIS Veteran

If you are flying in the day of the cruise and going from MCO to PC, you just show up at the Disney Welcome Center (lower level terminal B). You don't need to claim your luggage first as long as you placed the DCL tags on it. Just take your body and your carry on to the Welcome Center. It is open from 8:15 to ???? They will check you in and place you on the next bus to PC. No need to give a time--they know planes may run late. The buses depart every 30 minutes or less. If a bus fills up, it departs (no waiting for a time). Then they start filling the next bus. However, if in 30 minutes a bus is not full, it will depart anyhow--you don't need to wait longer than that. Your luggage will go on a separate truck except for carry on stuff.

The drive is about 45 minutes assuming normal traffic.

PC to WDW--get off ship, go thru Customs, go to podium where you will show your KTTW card to the CM and tell her which resort you are going to. She will tell you which bus to get on. No reserved times or anything. Your luggage will go under the bus and arrive at the resort when you do. This drive is 60-75 minutes, and each bus may go to up to 3 resorts.

Transfers cost $35 per person each way.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-17-2012, 12:26 AM   #3
Oz-kateer
DIS Veteran

Hi, thanks for the response. Sorry should have explained, we'll be flying into MCO the night before the cruise and staying at the airport.

This is why I was wanting to know about when I need to catch the bus to PC.

Sept 2014: DCL/WDW/DLR
Sept 2012: DL Paris
Sept/Oct 2011:WDW POFQ
Sept/Oct 2010:WDW POP
Sept/Oct 2009: WDW POP
Nov 1997: WDW/DLR
April 1995: WDW
1992: WDW/DLR/EURODISNEY
1990: WDW/DLR ~ 1988: WDW/DLR ~ 1975: DLR
Oz-kateer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:52 AM   #4
Rest&Relax
Ears at Rest

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcashner View Post
PC to WDW--get off ship, go thru Customs, go to podium where you will show your KTTW card to the CM and tell her which resort you are going to. She will tell you which bus to get on. No reserved times or anything. Your luggage will go under the bus and arrive at the resort when you do. This drive is 60-75 minutes, and each bus may go to up to 3 resorts.

Transfers cost $35 per person each way.
Do you get luggage tags on the cruise when going to WDW or do you get them in the mail with cruise docs?
Rest&Relax is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: