Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2012, 01:48 PM   #1
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Disney Transportation from Boardwalk Villas

Hi all,

My parents have paid for Disney transportation to the port (leaving on 11/24!)

They are staying at Boardwalk Villas.

How does it work? Will they get a packet hanging from their room door the night before the cruise?

For those who have been picked up from BWV, is there a specific meeting point in the lobby or the porte cochere for DCL transport?

I'm not going with them so I'm scared they'll miss the bus!

Thanks!
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:33 PM   #2
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

BUMP
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-17-2012, 03:50 PM   #3
Scillycruisers
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpooh108
Hi all,

My parents have paid for Disney transportation to the port (leaving on 11/24!)

They are staying at Boardwalk Villas.

How does it work? Will they get a packet hanging from their room door the night before the cruise?

For those who have been picked up from BWV, is there a specific meeting point in the lobby or the porte cochere for DCL transport?

I'm not going with them so I'm scared they'll miss the bus!

Thanks!
Don't know specifically about BWV but done DCL transfer to port twice and both times the information was left in the room the last day with time and place to meet and luggage pick-up instructions. There was a pre-pick up meet in the lobby to check everyone had their right docs etc. then the rep took us to the bus when it arrived. They could check the procedure when they check in. Hopefully someone will be able to confirm this is the same at BWV.
Old 11-17-2012, 06:38 PM   #4
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Luggage with tags will be taken from their room at 8 or 8:30/ They will get a letter in their room the day before with the specific bus /meeting time. Yes, there is a location in the lobby where you will be asked to assemble about 30 minutes before the bus is due to arrive.

Absolutely NO worries--all in the letter. Totally easy. Normally, the bus will pick up from Yacht, Beach, and Boardwalk, but this can change based on number of guests at each resort.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:12 AM   #5
kkbutterfly
Mouseketeer

I just did a pick up from the BWV in October and it was super easy. They left a thing on the door just like they would for the Magical Express. They also called the night before to inform us they would pick up the luggage tomorrow at 8am. They actually came at 8am, so make sure it's ready. We didn't plan ahead and woke up at 7am to pack up the room (filled with all our wedding stuff) which was a pain so plan ahead!

At 11 when it was check out time, we headed down to the Belle Vue Lounge and grabbed a pastry from the bakery and sat there for a bit. Eventually a cruise line representive noticed us and asked us if we were with the cruise and we said we were and she came and got us around 11:50 to go board the bus and we were off!

Our bus also stopped at Y&B and Saratoga Springs before heading to Port Canaveral!
kkbutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: