Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2012, 07:11 PM   #91
labattblue
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaytieeldr View Post
Please indicate where I said they do.

Then could you please let me know when it became unacceptable on the DIS Boards to maintain an opinion different from that of the popular one?
This thread was nothing more than a heads up to people who are looking for a place to charge their phone in the parks. Nothing more, nothing less.

Why hijack the thread? Give it a rest!
labattblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:43 PM   #92
NMDisneyFan
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaytieeldr
Please indicate where I said they do.

Then could you please let me know when it became unacceptable on the DIS Boards to maintain an opinion different from that of the popular one?
It's not that you maintain a different opinion that bothers some people. It is the tone of your messages. This was a thread that provided a great tip that I can't wait to take advantage of. I, and others on this thread, don't like being called a thief.
NMDisneyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-18-2012, 07:43 PM   #93
candielips
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by labattblue

This thread was nothing more than a heads up to people who are looking for a place to charge their phone in the parks. Nothing more, nothing less.

Well said!!
Old 11-18-2012, 08:25 PM   #94
kaytieeldr
Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - but NOT the people who make them - since 2012

Location: There is no Pixie Dust on the Transportation Board!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Statements like these sure make it sound as if you feel that way.

Noboby has said you couldn't have your own opinion; however, when you have a habit of presenting that opinion in manner that sounds as if your opinion is the only one that is right it comes off a little holier than thou. When someone asks you about that opinion it doesn't mean they are telling you it unacceptable to have a different opinion.
My opinion is my opinion. I apologize that the way I write makes it sound like my opinion is the only right one. I'm just trying to avoid certain controversial (not banned) words. I stand by my opinion. There's even one person in this thread who was told Guest Services won't charge devices and the person couldn't use an outlet to charge the camera themselves.

I (and any of the few posters with the same opinion) have already in this thread been referred to as the snide "high and mighty" - for, as far as I can tell, posting my unpopular opinion in this open conversation. It appears the same poster has another critical comment on the next page about me being part of this conversation.
kaytieeldr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:30 PM   #95
Allison
- Join date March 2004 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by labattblue View Post

Exactly.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:33 PM   #96
kaytieeldr
Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - but NOT the people who make them - since 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMDisneyFan View Post
It's not that you maintain a different opinion that bothers some people. It is the tone of your messages. This was a thread that provided a great tip that I can't wait to take advantage of. I, and others on this thread, don't like being called a thief.
Oh, boy.
Stealing? Really? I think it's wrong for consumers to use outlets any business has installed for its own use. Just wrong. The opposite of right. Other posters brought up minimal money and electricity. That wasn't me. I can't help what you infer.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:43 PM   #97
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaytieeldr View Post
Oh, boy.
Stealing? Really? I think it's wrong for consumers to use outlets any business has installed for its own use. Just wrong. The opposite of right. Other posters brought up minimal money and electricity. That wasn't me. I can't help what you infer.
Again, how do you know the company has a problem people using the outlets?
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

declansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:45 PM   #98
sare
Earning My Ears

They don't. I asked if it was a problem and they specifically said 'that's what they're there for'. Obviously they were there before the cell phone use but she meant for guest use.
sare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:03 PM   #99
kaytieeldr

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Again, how do you know the company has a problem people using the outlets?
I don't know, and I never claimed any business has a problem with this. I've said and maintain I think it's wrong, that it's presumptuous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sare View Post
They don't. I asked if it was a problem and they specifically said 'that's what they're there for'. Obviously they were there before the cell phone use but she meant for guest use.
I'd tend to think (hoping it's clear that the forthcoming is just my opinion) that 'they're there for' operational purposes/needs - such as (example only) vacuuming.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:05 PM   #100
sare
Earning My Ears

Sorry, you're wrong. I was asking the CM if they were allowed for guest use and was replied with 'that's what they're there for'. But I'm sure you know much better than my first hand experience.
sare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:12 PM   #101
kaytieeldr

No, you know your firsthand experience better than anyone. What did I say that makes you think, or that it appears, otherwise? I used as many qualifying words as I could to describe - again - that what I wrote about what you were told is my opinion.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:40 PM   #102
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by labattblue

Thank you! Amen!

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:23 PM   #103
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by reiella View Post
As the battery ages, it holds less of a charge. This a big part of why non removable batteries are frowned upon.
Not going to join the debate but do want to comment on the battery issue. Dd has the iPhone 4 and she can leave the house fully charged at 8 am and be at less than 30 percent by noon. It is definitely losing it's ability to hold a charge over time (2 years old).
Old 11-18-2012, 11:57 PM   #104
Mckymousefn
DIS Veteran

In this day and age using your phone while on vacation can be for many things ~ photos, wait times for rides, texting, looking up reservation #'s for dining, games, park hours, the list could go on and on. I have never ran out of battery while at the parks... but if i ever get extremely low on battery and needed a little charge... i will plug it in. When i am paying to stay on WDW property and spending THOUSANDS of dollars for my vacation there, i really don't think they would mind me charging my phone for a few mins (if an outlet was near my table). Would i go out of my way to find one... probably not. As far as it being said its poor planning or however it was worded.... its not that people don't plan their trips... I can honestly say Disney vacationers PLAN and PLAN well. Sometimes taking a few to many pics of little Suzy can ruin a battery life down!

But if people don't like other people talking about using Disney's outlets to charge their phones... why not leave the post and find a post that makes you happy?

Mckymousefn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:00 AM   #105
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mckymousefn View Post

But if people don't like other people talking about using Disney's outlets to charge their phones... why not leave the post and find a post that makes you happy?
Maybe because this is a discussion board? Not an Only post if you agree with everyone else board?

I would never think to plug in at the parks, but that is because I can be such an airhead I would probably walk off without whatever I had plugged in.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: