Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2012, 02:45 PM   #76
kaytieeldr
Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - but NOT the people who make them - since 2012

Location: There is no Pixie Dust on the Transportation Board!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Haven't read the entire thread but why do you care? So what if someone wants to use there phone while at the parks.
I don't care that anybody uses their phone (considerately). You'd see that if you read the entire thread first.

I care that instead of taking responsibility for their own actions, people seem to expect that it's a company's duty to provide for the individuals' lack of planning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbi
Thank-you.

Just so I understand, are you thanking the quoted poster for being yet another DISer critical of my opinion?
kaytieeldr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:54 PM   #77
Robbi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaytieeldr View Post
I don't care that anybody uses their phone (considerately). You'd see that if you read the entire thread first.

I care that instead of taking responsibility for their own actions, people seem to expect that it's a company's duty to provide for the individuals' lack of planning.

Just so I understand, are you thanking the quoted poster for being yet another DISer critical of my opinion?
I was thanking Declansdad for stating my feelings on the issue. Do you really think Disney cares that people are charging their phones? If they had a problem, they'd post a sign or send either a note or an email with the reservation confirmation. Until Disney says don't do it, it's fine.
Robbi is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-18-2012, 03:10 PM   #78
xipotec
Grinning Ghosts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnedout
I drain my battery taking pictures. Whole I know the quality isn't like my canon, I actually look at and enjoy the photos on my phone. Per the question re why people need their phones so much.

Snobbery about the use or not of technology is pretty silly. If you like it, use it and enjoy the experience. If you don't...then don't.
I agree, my iphone is great to get those quick shots! Off topic, my camera opens reaaal slow compared to wifeys iphone any suggestions on why?
Before that too many to list
!

SOME IMAGINATION, HUH??? - Mickey Mouse
xipotec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:29 PM   #79
Burnedout
Proud mom of a marine recruit:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xipotec

I agree, my iphone is great to get those quick shots! Off topic, my camera opens reaaal slow compared to wifeys iphone any suggestions on why?
That stinks. :/

It is what it is.

Burnedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:33 PM   #80
xipotec
Grinning Ghosts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnedout

That stinks. :/
Its weird , takes up to 10 seconds to open. I did load a bunch of "free " camera apps to try, all were awful.

I am going to try a total reload of the OS.
Before that too many to list
!

SOME IMAGINATION, HUH??? - Mickey Mouse
xipotec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:37 PM   #81
Burnedout
Proud mom of a marine recruit:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xipotec

Its weird , takes up to 10 seconds to open. I did load a bunch of "free " camera apps to try, all were awful.

I am going to try a total reload of the OS.
Good luck. I love taking photos with my phone. Friday I caught the local bald eagle.

It is what it is.

Burnedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:39 PM   #82
kaytieeldr
Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - but NOT the people who make them - since 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbi View Post
I was thanking Declansdad for stating my feelings on the issue. Do you really think Disney cares that people are charging their phones? If they had a problem, they'd post a sign or send either a note or an email with the reservation confirmation. Until Disney says don't do it, it's fine.
I never said Disney cares. I don't even recall specifying 'Disney' (although if I did, someone will correct me). I've been referring to 'business/company' throughout the thread because this doesn't happen just at Walt Disney World.
Old 11-18-2012, 04:48 PM   #83
Allison
- Join date March 2004 -

Quote:

Who said it was a company's duty other than you?
Old 11-18-2012, 05:09 PM   #84
okeydokey
Frosty the Snowman scared me as a child
It will always be beautiful no matter what it looks like naked

It's funny how some people think they should be the spokesman or ambassador for companies they have nothing to do with.

Public places will eventually catch up with our electronic lifestyle and install more of these charging stations we are beginning to see pop up. Until that time, some people will continue to find outlets where they can, and some people should relax and not get so indignant about it.

Last edited by okeydokey; 11-18-2012 at 05:43 PM.
okeydokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:15 PM   #85
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:

You're right I didn't read the entire thread before posting (I think I said that); I didn't realize that was a requirement for posting.

The statement "taking responsibility for their own actions" is pretty strong for a discussion on where you should use your cell phone and where you you charge it.

It would seem to me that if a company makes outlets readily available to customers and a customer keeps that in mind when planning their trip, there is no lack of planning on their part. Even by looking on boards such as this one for the locations of outlets would lead one to believe they are planning for the situation where they need to charge their phone. Bringing the charger with them to that place of business would indicate even more planning.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

declansdad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:53 PM   #86
kaytieeldr

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad
It would seem to me that if a company makes outlets readily available to customers
If, if, if. Az mein bubbe habn... ah, forget it. Not worth an infraction
Having electric outlets installed as part of standard construction based on a building's/business's own expected operational needs isn't comparable to making outlets available to customers.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:07 PM   #87
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:
If, if, if. Az mein bubbe habn... ah, forget it. Not worth an infraction
Having electric outlets installed as part of standard construction based on a building's/business's own expected operational needs isn't comparable to making outlets available to customers.

So please tell everyone how you know that Disney or any other company has an issues with customers using these outlets that are in spaces available to the paying customers?
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 11-18-2012, 07:26 PM   #88
kaytieeldr

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
So please tell everyone how you know that Disney or any other company has an issues with customers using these outlets that are in spaces available to the paying customers?
Please indicate where I said they do.

Then could you please let me know when it became unacceptable on the DIS Boards to maintain an opinion different from that of the popular one?
Old 11-18-2012, 07:46 PM   #89
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:
Please indicate where I said they do.

Then could you please let me know when it became unacceptable on the DIS Boards to maintain an opinion different from that of the popular one?

Statements like these sure make it sound as if you feel that way.

Quote:
Quote:
It's presumptuous to use a business's own electric outlets, in place for its own use, to recharge phones the users choose to allow to run low; especially when foreknowledge (battery life plus non-telephone features) and planning (charging cases, extra batteries, etc.) so easily lets phone owners be in control.

It's not as if the outlets are there for guest usage. Even you refer to them as secret.
Noboby has said you couldn't have your own opinion; however, when you have a habit of presenting that opinion in manner that sounds as if your opinion is the only one that is right it comes off a little holier than thou. When someone asks you about that opinion it doesn't mean they are telling you it unacceptable to have a different opinion.

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 11-18-2012, 07:58 PM   #90
sare
Earning My Ears

I would think that if Disney didn't want the outlets available they would just put a plug cover/child proof thing in. That would get the message across. They require a finger print just to get in, I think if they had ANY reservations about using their outlets whatsoever they would cover them immediately. In fact when I was at CHH I asked a CM if it was ok to charge my phone (only out of courtesy) and she said 'no problem, that's what they're there for'.
sare is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: