Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2012, 06:25 AM   #1
camdensmom
DIS Veteran

Full Day @ DHS?

We'll be going to the Studios on 12/8. I'm thinking it will be fairly busy. Our main reason for going is for the Osborne Lights. But HS is my least favorite park and none of us really enjoy any of the food options there.

My son would probably enjoy the Jedi training, but my understanding is that we would need to jet over there at park opening to sign him up. Since we want to be at the lighting at 5:45(ish) that would make a full day. We have a 7 year old boy and 3 year old twin girls and would only really be interested in the following:

Toy Story Mania
Star Tours
Disney Junior Stage Show
Beauty and the Beast
Voyage of the Little Mermaid
Lights, Motor, Action
Muppet Vision 3D

We could probably kill some time at One Man's Dream, The Magic of Disney Animation and Honey, I Shrunk the Kids Movie Set, but I don't feel like we can get a full day out of the Studios.

My inlaws will be with us and have never seen the Boardwalk. I was thinking about maybe heading over there for a late lunch/early dinner to break up the day and then come back for the lights.

Would that be too much of a hassle?

My other thought was that we could start the day at EPCOT, have lunch there and then take the boat over to DHS from the Beach Club.

Any thoughts or other ideas?
camdensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:32 AM   #2
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by camdensmom View Post
My inlaws will be with us and have never seen the Boardwalk. I was thinking about maybe heading over there for a late lunch/early dinner to break up the day and then come back for the lights.

That would be fine.
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-24-2012, 06:33 AM   #3
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
My son would probably enjoy the Jedi training, but my understanding is that we would need to jet over there at park opening to sign him up.

Toy Story Mania
Star Tours
Disney Junior Stage Show
Beauty and the Beast
Lights, Motor, Action
Muppet Vision 3D

My other thought was that we could start the day at EPCOT, have lunch there and then take the boat over to DHS from the Beach Club.
You won't be able to do all of your list if you arrive at DHS in the afternoon
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:44 AM   #4
geenerbell
Am I caught up with Robo yet?

I have found that with some of the show schedules you need to be there most of the day to catch everything. You may want to check out wdwent.com for show schedules before you arrive. That will make planning your day easier. I'm sure you know this but there is a boat launch to the Boardwalk at DHS.
geenerbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:51 AM   #5
Minerva Mouse
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.
I no longer have eyebrows. I have bushes!

Defiantly take the boat, it's no hassle at all. You can go to the boardwalk to eat, or into the showcase at Epcot to grab a bite then head back to HS.

Have you tried the 50's Prime Time Cafe thought? That is one of my favorite places to eat. They have the most amazing fried chicken and delicious milk shakes! and I adore the cobb salad, YUM!
Minerva Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:52 PM   #6
heidijanesmith
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We'll be going to the Studios on 12/8. I'm thinking it will be fairly busy. Our main reason for going is for the Osborne Lights. But HS is my least favorite park and none of us really enjoy any of the food options there.

My son would probably enjoy the Jedi training, but my understanding is that we would need to jet over there at park opening to sign him up. Since we want to be at the lighting at 5:45(ish) that would make a full day. We have a 7 year old boy and 3 year old twin girls and would only really be interested in the following:

Toy Story Mania
Star Tours
Disney Junior Stage Show
Beauty and the Beast
Lights, Motor, Action
Muppet Vision 3D

We could probably kill some time at One Man's Dream, The Magic of Disney Animation and Honey, I Shrunk the Kids Movie Set, but I don't feel like we can get a full day out of the Studios.

Any thoughts or other ideas?
Getting to the BW from DS is really easy by boat. The boat launch is right out side the entrance of DS. Boats come every 20min and it takes about 20min to get the BW from DS. The boats stop by the Swan/Dolphin, then YC/Bc and then BW. You can walk much faster to the BW from DS, the walk takes about 10-15min depending on your pace.

The BW is really fun to explore, great food options and entertainment.

Walking from the IG exit to YC/BC is easy and fast, takes about 8min to walk or take a boat, 10min. BC has a wonderful buffet if you like seafood (plenty of other non-seafood items too). Cape May was our favorite restaurant this last trip.

Starting out at EPCOT, walking to YC/BC then to DS sounds like a fun plan.

May 2005 AKL Pool view
July 2010 Poly Standard view- WDW and US
Aug 2012 YC Pool view- WDW, US and BG
Oct 2013 Poly Cl Lagoon view- WDW and US
Oct 2014 BW CL BW View- WDW and US

The Smith's take on the Poly- TR
heidijanesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:57 PM   #7
BubMunkeyBles
DIS Veteran

The things you listed would easily take us most the day. TSM is best in the morning if you can get a fastpass before they get too late in the day. I'd probably just walk to the Boardwalk, about 10-15 minutes. The boat takes forever sometimes. With arriving early for seats for the shows a lot of your day is already filled.

December 3-9, 2014- SSR and BWV
BubMunkeyBles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:00 PM   #8
bigbabyblues
DIS Veteran

If you get there after lunch, wait times for TSMM will be long and FPs will more than likely be gone. Definitely check the show schedule mentoned above to see what you can fit in.
bigbabyblues is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: