Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2012, 04:04 PM   #1
gapoochi
Mouseketeer

question about how to apply ap discount to resort

I am buying an annual pass for my upcoming trip. If I'm understanding thsi right, I won't get the actual pass just yet, even if I go to the Disney Store to get it, but a voucher that has to be activated at guest relations.

How does this work if I have a resort room using the AP discount? They said I need the pass at check in but how do I get checked in if I need to go to the park to activate first? Can they activate it at the resort?

thanks!

Last edited by gapoochi; 11-16-2012 at 04:16 PM.
gapoochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:40 PM   #2
babyberger
DIS Veteran

No you have to take it to a guest relations counter in one of the parks or DTD. I have showed my voucher at check in and had no problems. Some people have been asked to stop back by the front desk to show the pass once it is received. Either way you should have no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-16-2012, 08:25 PM   #3
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

As the pp said, you shouldn't have a problem checking in without the AP. You usually have 24 hours after check in to show the activated AP.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:29 PM   #4
I Love Pluto
DIS Veteran
I guess that makes me a kiddie song expert.

Yes, I agree. Show the voucher. The resort will give you 24 hours to return with the activated Annual Pass.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:50 PM   #5
Sue M
DIS Veteran

One year I just had the voucher, and was asked to show it when I got it activated. We were heading to DTD and activated it there. No problem. The resort can't do it.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:02 PM   #6
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran

I've now stayed at three hotels on an AP discount and never once had to show it. That being said, I did buy my voucher at the Disney Store, and planned on showing it at check in, but was never asked for it.
ZehnJahren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:04 PM   #7
gapoochi
Mouseketeer

Thanks! I'm going to the Disney Store tomorrow to buy my pass! The rest of the family will get upgraded from Undercover Tourist tickets after we go to the parks
So excited!!!! It's going to feel good to have at least the one ticket in hand tomorrow...more real
Old 11-17-2012, 04:18 PM   #8
chemnerd09
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gapoochi View Post
Thanks! I'm going to the Disney Store tomorrow to buy my pass! The rest of the family will get upgraded from Undercover Tourist tickets after we go to the parks
So excited!!!! It's going to feel good to have at least the one ticket in hand tomorrow...more real
I know what you mean. We have used our AP discount before at hotels but were never asked to show our passes. I had the vouchers with me just in case. I did the same thing with my AP pass by buying a 5 day ticket then upgrading it at the parks. Its easier for me to pay for it that way instead of shelling out over $500 at one time.

chemnerd09 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: