DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2012, 05:29 PM   #1
Disneyholic
Official Disneyholic! CM Wannabe! I'll Never Grow Up!

STRESS = cancelling one ressie & making another.

I went online last night & just out of curiosity looked up AKLV Jambo House, one bedroom concierge which I had on waitlist for our upcoming April trip. The waitlist was for April 14-18. The 14th was the only day that wasn't available. I went to bed and couldn't sleep so I got up and after checking to make sure it was still there (2am EST) I cancelled the Reservation that I had for BLT 1 bedroom and went in to book AKLV. So now all that was showing was the 16th. I booked the 16th figuring maybe I could get the other days later. I went back in and searched the same thing again and then the 15th-18th all showed up. I booked them and cancelled the one night on the 16th. I cancelled the waitlist (or thought I had. When I called MS this morning about a discrepancy with my points he said that I still had a waitlist showing. He cancelled it for me & also fixed the problem with the points.)

So now I have one more day to drive down to WDW or do another hotel for the 14th. On the 18th we leave on a DCL 3 night cruise that gets back on the 21st, so I booked the 21st at BLT MK View for 1 night before the drive home.

I am so excited!!!!! I asked how they do the waitlist and he said that unless all the dates that you have waitlisted open at the same time they don't book it. So I would have been out of luck if I hadn't caught that myself. I really wanted AKL concierge. We stayed there a few years ago & really enjoyed the lounge. This trip & cruise is over DHs 69th Birthday.

I have now officially used up my 2012 points. These 2 reservations came to exactly 160 points.

Disneyholic is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: