Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2012, 03:09 PM   #16
lush
Mouseketeer

I really wouldn't recommend the wellies - no matter how many pairs of socks you wear with them they just won't be warm enough!

I have done many years with a pair of walking type trainers and two pairs of socks and while it was warm enough, they weren't waterproof. I was lucky for many many years but the last time we went we had rain, sleet and snow all in the same day (the day we arrived! ) and my trainers got completely drenched. My feet were soaked right through the boots and two pairs of thick thermal socks I had on. They were like blocks of ice. They didn't dry out for the entire trip.

For this trip, I've invested in snow boots for all of us. I bought ours from Next in the sale though so they haven't worked out too expensive. I think the kids ones are around the £20 mark full price anyway so not mega money (and nowhere near Clarks standards!). I've also bought lots of thick thermal socks!

I've said this in many posts but in Disney if your feet are warm you will be too!

June 1992 - Offsite DLP November 1996 - DLP Santa Fe November 1997 - DLP Santa Fe November 1998 - DLP Hotel Cheyenne November 1999 - DLP Newport Bay November 2000 - DLP Newport Bay November 2001 - DLP Newport Bay November 2002 - DLP Newport Bay November 2003 - DLP Newport Bay November 2004 - DLP Newport Bay July 2006 - WDW Magic Kingdom & Animal Kingdom November 2008 - DLP Sequoia Lodge November 2012 - DLP Hotel New York March 2013 - DLP Hotel Cheyenne May 2015 - Windsor Hills Walt Disney World
lush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:09 PM   #17
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

We haven't always had AP's - only the past 3 yrs - before that we lived in Paris and came twice a year on fixed date tickets so I've spent a full day in the wet and cold in the park before

Even now I have been over there and it's been miserable and I've had to stick it out until the end of the day as I have no transport and have to wait for OH.

Also spend the whole day traipsing around Paris from one appointement to another in the rain, snow, sleet and where you can't put an umberella up because of the wind

Right now the weather is coolish but what is making it seen colder is the humidity as it's that damp sort that goes through you. The day never gets out also so it just remains like that during the daylight hours.

The only time I'm wearing a snow boot is in the mountains where there is real snow and I haven't been for years.

Vive la différence
Carrie_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-16-2012, 03:29 PM   #18
Serenlas
Mouseketeer

I think I will suck it up and buy some snowboots. I know they won't be essential as such but it just seems to be the most affordable way of guaranteeing that we'll stay warm and dry whatever the weather. I don't think I trust our existing shoe collection based on this thread! Now to make it my mission to track down some that don't look like we've got duvet staped to our feet
Old 11-16-2012, 03:32 PM   #19
DLPDreams
I am like a child in a sweet shop, all hyper on sugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie_Cat View Post
We haven't always had AP's - only the past 3 yrs - before that we lived in Paris and came twice a year on fixed date tickets so I've spent a full day in the wet and cold in the park before

Even now I have been over there and it's been miserable and I've had to stick it out until the end of the day as I have no transport and have to wait for OH.

Also spend the whole day traipsing around Paris from one appointement to another in the rain, snow, sleet and where you can't put an umberella up because of the wind

Right now the weather is coolish but what is making it seen colder is the humidity as it's that damp sort that goes through you. The day never gets out also so it just remains like that during the daylight hours.

The only time I'm wearing a snow boot is in the mountains where there is real snow and I haven't been for years.
Fair enough - thanks for answering, just thought I would ask, as obviously it does sometimes make a difference being there for a holiday, as opposed to a day trip locally if you see what I mean .

As for the weather now - it is turning colder again and yes, it is damp - has been here today anyway. I agree, that makes it seem much colder. Can't say I am looking forward to being out later at night as I think it will be very cold. I am SO pleased Mum talked me into booking the DLH - at least we are a stone's throw if it gets too much .

DLPDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:44 PM   #20
daiseyirl
DIS Veteran

were going in march and im wondering the same. we have only been when it has been hot or ice+ snow. when it snowed we wore uggs but dont want to wear them if its wet as i dont want them getting all muddy.

was thinking of getting croc boots for the girls and maybe my self. there warm and waterproof. And most importantly my fasionesta of a 6yr old has approved them found really cute hello kitty ones for her

Last edited by daiseyirl; 11-16-2012 at 03:51 PM.
daiseyirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:48 PM   #21
Serenlas
Mouseketeer

[IMG]02zi[/IMG]

This is my DDs in March 2011.. even more unpredictable than Nov/Dec I'm afraid! We needed coats once, I think.. and on this day it was warm enough for my kids to be running around in sleeveless princess dresses by lunchtime! I can't remember what we did for footwear though unfortunately. It looks like at least 1 of us wore trainers
Old 11-16-2012, 03:54 PM   #22
daiseyirl
DIS Veteran

aw their goergus!!

we had a great wk here end of march this yr , had a bbq and all . could easily get rain sleet or snow tho
daiseyirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:55 PM   #23
Serenlas
Mouseketeer

Yep, I have photos of my garden looking all snowy in April from 2007 or 2008!
Old 11-16-2012, 04:03 PM   #24
tennisfan
Was told off for sliding down the banister at the SL
South Africa or California for me
Popped to the Boots

DISboards Moderator

I personally find wellies really uncomfortable to walk around in. When I went to NYC there was snow, I wore Tomberland walking boots which are really comfy but had to wear my trainers on the last couple of days due to my sock rubbing several layers of skin of my toe making it uncomfortable to wear my boots.

I tend to live in trainers when i'm not at work then it my boots which are so comfy but not great in snow.

Trips:
DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, October, 1994, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 1998, DLRP - Hotel New York, June, 1999, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 1999, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 2000, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 2001, Walt Disney Studios preview, February, 2002, DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, August, 2002, New York City, Easter 2004, DLRP - Hotel New York, August, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, November, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, September, 2005, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, Easter 2007, DLRP - Kyriad, June 2007 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2009 DLRP - Day trip, November 2009 New York City, February 2010 DLRP - Disneyland Hotel, June 2010 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, September 2010 Stratosphere Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010 DLRP - Day trip, January 2011, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, August 2011, DLRP - Day trip, January 2012, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2012, DLRP - Santa Fe, November 2012,
tennisfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:18 PM   #25
Tinkjon
hailing to the pumpkin sound

Ha ha, this was me a few weeks before our trip! I was obsessed with footwear and almost panic-bought some stupidly expensive waterproof boots! The children both wore their normal shoes - I thought our snowboots were too bulky/uncomfortable for walking all day in. They wore thermal socks with their normal (unfleecy, unlined) boots and their feet were plenty warm enough, as were mine. I did spray our shoes with a Scotchguard-type spray but we were lucky enough not to have any rain (first time ever!) It was pretty cold but our feet were certainly warm enough with thermal socks and just normal shoes.
Tinkjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:15 PM   #26
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

The year we went for Christmas DH, eldest DD and I had walking boots but the other two girls had boots like the picture Serenlas posted, one pair was from Next and the other was from M&S. I'd sprayed them with goretex before we'd gone and they stayed nice and warm and waterproof through all the snow until the last day when it started to rain and the snow turned to slush. I can't remember which now but one pair of boots still stayed dry but the other leaked and although we'd taken DD's trainers the tread wasn't very good on the slippery surface so we ended up buying new socks then the lovely CM in the shop gave us a couple of the small bags to put on her feet. Result = lovely dry feet!

BTW, one of my DDs is at agricultural colege and if you wear a thermal welly sleeve in your wellies, it keeps feet really toasty.
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:31 PM   #27
Serenlas
Mouseketeer

We all own snow boots now So here's hoping for a very cold, snowy Winter so they fall apart with over use
Old 11-17-2012, 01:55 PM   #28
MrsSDW
Mouseketeer

DH and I both wore cheapo but excellent walking boots that we'd bought from Costco at a cost of about £28 per pair. Comfy and warm, though we were lucky that we didn't have any rain during our trip. It was cold and there was damp mist so this didn't bother our feet. DD had proper snow boots and she was toasty warm the whole time.

Totally agree with Lush that if your feet are warm the rest of you will be too.
MrsSDW is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: