Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2012, 10:59 AM   #1
Disneylover711
Earning My Ears

suggestions?

I'm making my dining reservations for my disney trip in 16 days! I know im way late in the game but my husband lost his job so we werent sure if we were going to be able to go. So i have a couple character meals booked but still need a few sit down meals. Looking for suggestions. It me, DH and DS whos 2. TIA
Old 11-16-2012, 11:42 AM   #2
MHSweb79
DIS Veteran

You should be able to get into Biergarten at Epcot. It's a lot of fun, and sometimes the little ones like to get out on the dance floor when the Ooompah band plays.

If you are having trouble finding ADR's within the parks, try the nearby resorts. We've eaten at Kona (Polynesian) and liked it, and it's pretty easy to get into. You may also want to consider the Downtown Disney restaurants.
MHSweb79 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-16-2012, 12:06 PM   #3
justcantwait
DIS Veteran

If you're adventurous eaters, I'd suggest Sanaa. Great food, Indian and African, and the surroundings are interesting enough to keep the 2 year old occupied. If it's still light outside, you can see the animals practically come right up to the windows. We also like Restaurant Marrakesh for the same reasons - good, iinteresting food, and an environment that keeps the little ones occupied. I've also heard good things about the Grand Floridian Cafe. Easy to get in to and good food at reasonable (for Disney) prices. Heard good things about Via Napoli but haven't been there yet. Tried Liberty Tree Tavern for lunch and loved it, but still have yet to try it for dinner. There are so many options, even this close to your trip. If you go on the official WDW site, you can plug in dates and look for restaurants that are available for breakfast, lunch or dinner, or a specific time, and at a certain park or the resorts. Hope this helps. Have a great trip!

Kathy
Old 11-16-2012, 12:08 PM   #4
primrosea
Mouseketeer

A couple that are great and easy to get reservations for are Biergarten, Boma, Liberty Tree Tavern, 50's Prime time and Sci-Fi. They should have something for the whole family and are generally easy to get with close ADR's and walk-ups for. If you can get over to Downtown Disney T-Rex has a lot of walkups available as well.
Pop~October 2012

AoALM~October-November 2012
Port Orleans Riverside~October 2013

http://livingontheprimrosepath.blogspot.com/ LETS TALK GLUTEN FREE DISNEY
primrosea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:38 PM   #5
Roxychica7
DIS Veteran

I agree..with only 16 days out, you will have better luck in some of the resorts. With that said..Kona Cafe at the Poly (for breakfast, lunch or dinner) is awesome! Boma (buffet for breakfast or dinner) at the Animal Kingdom Lodge is also VERY good.

In the parks, definitely Sci-Fi! You should still be able to get a reservation there. It'll be fun for your son with the movie screen and the burgers there are always great.
Jess (Me)-29 Blake (DF)-28 Our Italian Greyhound and our salt water tank
WHY did you do it? 2010
Upcoming Trip: Pop Century!
Roxychica7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: