DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2012, 07:40 AM   #1
wintergreen
DIS Veteran

Waitlists and holding accounts

Quick question. I have a confirmed reservation, and a waitlist for an alternate resort to replace the reservation, if the waitlist comes through. The waitlist expires seven days before check-in. If the waitlist comes through, and the original reservation is replaced/cancelled, do the points from the original reservation go into holding since, that reservations was replaced/cancelled less than 30 days before check-in? Thanks!!!

"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."--John Maynard Keynes
"Too much of anything is bad, but too much Champagne is just right."--Mark Twain
wintergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:44 AM   #2
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Quote:
Originally Posted by wintergreen View Post
Quick question. I have a confirmed reservation, and a waitlist for an alternate resort to replace the reservation, if the waitlist comes through. The waitlist expires seven days before check-in. If the waitlist comes through, and the original reservation is replaced/cancelled, do the points from the original reservation go into holding since, that reservations was replaced/cancelled less than 30 days before check-in? Thanks!!!
Only if the new reservation uses less points would you have points in holding. The fact that something was available and was booked prevents those points from the reservation that was cancelled from going into holding. Or if you think about it, they could have been called "holding" but you booked within the time that holding points are used.

bobbiwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:46 AM   #3
wintergreen
DIS Veteran

Ah, thanks. This now makes sense to me. Appreciate your quick response.

"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."--John Maynard Keynes
"Too much of anything is bad, but too much Champagne is just right."--Mark Twain
wintergreen is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: