Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2012, 08:40 AM   #1
auralia
DIS Veteran

Desert Party during MVMCP

The only day the desert party is happening when we are in disney is when we are going to the Christmas party Dec. 2. Should I do this? or is it a waste of party time? DD is doing BBB at 2 at DTD while DS is hopefully naping in the room with dad. We will then go to the Christmas party hope to get in around 4ish. We are staying DVC at BLT so we will get a pretty decent view of the fire works on non park nights if we stay at the hotel.

We have never been to a desert party and we have never been to a christmas party. We have been to the halloween party.

We have a 2 year old and a almost 6 year old. What time does the desert party start when it is during a christmas party? Will it be too late for my 2 year old to be sugaring himself. He sleeps nice in the stroller, but suger too late can make him a crazy person.

I have googled it and researched and had planned to book for Dec 5, but the desert party is blacked out that day so this is the only other MK day we have planned. What would you do?

Not sure if this is a "restaurant based thread" but the desert party is food!
Old 11-16-2012, 09:11 AM   #2
kellyg403
She changes friends like she changes underwear
NEVER GO INTO THE BOWELS OF HELL aka teenager bedroom WITHOUT TURNING ON THE LIGHTS

IMHO, it depends on what you are hoping for. If you are hoping to see a ton of characters that evening, it might not be a wise use of time. You will end up doing very little other than the dessert party/characters without a game plan. And your little ones will be eating sugary things well past 9pm!

We tend to go to the party for the shorter ride lines as this is the only time we go to MK. For us, the dessert party is a great idea. We typically do not look for character interaction. We are happy to see them from afar!

I hope you have a wonderful time no matter what you have planned for the evening!

Kelly
Register to remove

Old 11-16-2012, 09:30 AM   #3
auralia
DIS Veteran

Our plan is

Nov 30 arrive late (driving) stay night at ASP
dec 1 check into BLT get breakfast at poly and tour resorts until our room is ready, dinner at DTD and a grocery run somewhere in there.
dec 2 Breakfast at Wilderness Lodge, BBB at 2, christmas party
dec 3 break day due to late night
dec 4 MK morning, may or may not leave and go to another park
dec 5 HS
dec 6 AK morning, ep evening
Dec 7 MK morning, EP illuminations
Dec 8 Leave
Old 11-16-2012, 10:46 AM   #4
Bev J
DIS Veteran

Why pay more for a desert party when your already at the best party around? Your paying alot for the Christmas party- enjoy that one and save the desert party for the next trip.

Bev
Old 11-16-2012, 04:06 PM   #5
auralia
DIS Veteran

I went ahead and booked it as a "break" for the kids and because it is the only day while we are there that we will be at MK during fire works. Because DS (who eats more than my 5 year old DD) is 2 he is still free so it's only 65$ and we don't do character lines. We won't be back in the world for 2-3 years probably and perhaps more if DH gets orders to Germany or England so we went with it.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:55 PM   #6
chefmb
DIS Veteran

We'll be there too!

DH and I will be there too. I had some misgivings about paying for two extras in the same night, but decided that we'd rather do that since it is the best night for us and DH really wanted to do both. I noted on the reservation that we are celebrating DH's 50th birthday (actually Christmas Eve, but we can't be there then!). I guess we'll see you there!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: