Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2012, 12:33 PM   #1
Belle & Ariel
DIS Veteran

DC Questions

We are hoping to go to DC next week and I need to know how to plan for my diabetic son.
His blood sugar drops low and often when we are at waterparks or swimming because of all the activity.
Are snack bars spread throughout the park so he can grab a coke in a hurry? Are lines long? Are there snack shops near the lazy river exits? I could not find any on park map--can you tell me what attractions they are near?
I usually bring candy in one of those waterproof boxes you keep valuables in at a waterpark. Would I be allowed to have this there or would that be banned along with jewelry?
I'm bringing his letter from doctor listing all he needs to have such as needles, insulin, simple sugars, juice boxes, so hope there is no problem getting them in. We got grief at Aquatica but I am guessing it was not a well trained worker.
Another unrelated question--are towels unlimited where we can toss a wet one and get a dry one as needed?
Thanks!
Belle & Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:42 PM   #2
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Towels.......yup, they're unlimited......and they are white and clean and fluffy and wonderful .

Snack bars....they are all over the park. At the snack areas, there's never much of a line, if any line at all. There is one right on the beach by the entrance to the lazy river (and it has wonderful frozen lemonade....yum). The restaurant will also be open for most of the day, so that's another place where you can get a drink and food (but there could be lines there at the peak breakfast and lunch hours).

As for the waterproof boxes, I have no idea! I would suggest emailing DC for a conclusive answer. I am guessing they will be very accomodating, though!

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! PTR in progress: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-15-2012, 12:44 PM   #3
Belle & Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina View Post
Towels.......yup, they're unlimited......and they are white and clean and fluffy and wonderful .

Snack bars....they are all over the park. At the snack areas, there's never much of a line, if any line at all. There is one right on the beach by the entrance to the lazy river (and it has wonderful frozen lemonade....yum). The restaurant will also be open for most of the day, so that's another place where you can get a drink and food (but there could be lines there at the peak breakfast and lunch hours).

As for the waterproof boxes, I have no idea! I would suggest emailing DC for a conclusive answer. I am guessing they will be very accomodating, though!
Thank you.
You are a great source of info on this board.
Belle & Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:29 AM   #4
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle & Ariel View Post
Thank you.
You are a great source of info on this board.
Thank you .

Have a great time at DC!! All the excited chatter on the boards lately about DC has me wondering if I should rearrange our Christmas schedule to add in a day. I am getting a wee bit jealous of everyone's plans .

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! PTR in progress: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: