Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2012, 05:58 AM   #1
catherine
Hey not fair, you guys already have a bunch of tags, and poor me I haven't got one
Cheer up. You've been tagged by the tag fairie

M&M with Virgin in Aug

Has anybody ever managed to book flights with Virgin in August using Miles and Money? If so when do they normally become available. We booked our flights with BA and now they have cancelled the flight from Lon to Man. We do normally fly with Virgin but don't usually go in Aug. When I compared prices it cost approx a £1000 more to fly with Virgin. However DH is now saying that he just wants to cancel the flights with BA and book with Virgin. So I'm hoping to get a M&M flight.

TIA for any help!

"In the middle of difficulty, lies opportunity." Albert Einstein

catherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:17 AM   #2
wayneg
VMK AceCaptainWayne
I can't get my mouth to say healthy things

DISboards Moderator

There has already been M&M fares for next August but not great prices.
For this year I helped book PE M&M for Mart (burt on here) he got 5 seats at just over £700pp. Full price was over £1200pp so quite a good saving for PE in peak dates. He didn't book til Jan/Feb, no idea if they will repeat a similar offer.
All I can suggest is searching multiple times a day until you find something, they do come up from time to time but you have to do a lot of searching or you miss them.
  • 2005(Oct) Disney Magic + BW Lakeside, 2005 (Xmas) BW Lakeside, 2006(Aug) Courtyard By Marriott LBV + 1st RCCL cruise,
  • 2006(Oct) Disneyland, Cailfornia Howard Johnson, 2006(Xmas)Comfort Inn LBV,2007(Easter)Fairfield Inn, Marriott Village
  • 2007(Aug)Courtyard By Marriott LBV, 2007(Oct) Disneyland CA, HoJo/Vegas, Flamingo,2008(Easter) Windsor Hills, Disney Wonder, Fairfield Inn
  • 2008(Aug)Country Inn, 2nd RCCL, AKL, 2008(Oct)& 2008(Xmas)Fairfield Inn, 2009(May)Country Inn 2009(Aug)OKW, Disney Magic, Regal Sun
  • 2010(Easter) Hampton Inn LBV 2010(Aug) Royal Pacific & OKW 2011(Feb)H.I. Express LBV 2011(Aug)OKW, Disney Dream, HI DTD
  • 2011(Oct) Fairfield Inn 2012(Aug) Fairfield Inn, OKW 2012(Nov) Fairfield Inn 2013(Apr) Fairfield Inn LBV 2013(Aug) Swan & ESA LBV 2013(Oct) ESA LBV
  • 2014(Jul) Hilton Garden Inn LBV 2014(Sept) Disney Magic 14nt WBTA, Wyndham Bonnet Creek
wayneg is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-16-2012, 06:32 AM   #3
london75
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneg View Post
For this year I helped book PE M&M for Mart (burt on here) he got 5 seats at just over £700pp. Full price was over £1200pp so quite a good saving for PE in peak dates. He didn't book til Jan/Feb, no idea if they will repeat a similar offer.
All I can suggest is searching multiple times a day until you find something, they do come up from time to time but you have to do a lot of searching or you miss them.
We're searching every day for August but United indirect with economy plus seats was brilliant a couple of weeks ago so I'm keeping an eye on them too. However, United at £780 for economy is laughable as well!

I'll post as soon as I spot M+M at a good price (after I've booked mine)
london75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:32 AM   #4
catherine
Hey not fair, you guys already have a bunch of tags, and poor me I haven't got one

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneg View Post
Thanks Wayne, I thought that there was a chance that I might have missed them. Can't believe that I'm having to mess around with flights again! I thought we were sorted!! Perhaps I'll just wait till after Christmas. It would be a lot easier if I didn't have to book specific dates, oh well!

Old 11-16-2012, 06:35 AM   #5
catherine

Quote:
Originally Posted by london75 View Post
We're searching every day for August but United indirect with economy plus seats was brilliant a couple of weeks ago so I'm keeping an eye on them too. However, United at £780 for economy is laughable as well!

I'll post as soon as I spot M+M at a good price (after I've booked mine)
Thanks!

Can I just ask are you having any problems with doing M&M searches? I keep getting a cannot process request message. I phoned Virgin and they said that it's probaly because there are no M&M seats at the moment, but I've never had this message before!

Old 11-16-2012, 08:54 AM   #6
london75
DIS Veteran

Yes, not been able to do M+M for a few weeks. There will defintely be some at some point. From memory we most commonly book in Jan so I think the offers will be around then. I don't know who would ever consider 1200 for economy as it is now!
Old 11-16-2012, 09:58 AM   #7
finmummy
Earning My Ears

I booked mine as soon as my flights were available in aug. I could have waited and maybe got them cheaper but was within our budget and got PE back too.
finmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:26 AM   #8
london75
DIS Veteran

I don't know if Virgin are reading but M+M just appeared around my dates with no error any more. £1500 return PE M+M, get stuffed VA

Spooky
Old 11-16-2012, 10:41 AM   #9
catherine

I'm still not being able to get M+M. Just keep getting the same message!

Old 11-16-2012, 02:08 PM   #10
alibeau
DIS Veteran

I get the error page too

We normally book PE M&M flights so not much help sorry but I can only recommend the 'keep checking' route and something may well crop up - fingers crossed

Good luck.

Ali
alibeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:35 PM   #11
london75
DIS Veteran

Search MAN to MCO for 10th to 31st August and you'll be able to shuffle around the dates from there.

Prices are awful though.

The week before Christmas I'll start checking many times a day and if you get a hint BA are doing a sale, start checking VA as their prices frequently come down at the same time or slightly before.

Fingers crossed they are actually coming down at some point!
Old 11-17-2012, 04:57 AM   #12
catherine

Quote:
Originally Posted by london75 View Post
Search MAN to MCO for 10th to 31st August and you'll be able to shuffle around the dates from there.

Prices are awful though.

The week before Christmas I'll start checking many times a day and if you get a hint BA are doing a sale, start checking VA as their prices frequently come down at the same time or slightly before.

Fingers crossed they are actually coming down at some point!
I can't search any M+M seats with Virgin. No matter what date I use or what month all I get is a unable to process your request on the Flying Club page. So I don't know if/when this will be fixed. Hopefully there will just be a sale then I won't have to keep searching for M+M.

Good luck to you! I hope that you find a decent price!

Old 11-22-2012, 07:14 AM   #13
Lisa29
Mouseketeer

I am having the same error come up looking for flights for September 25th to October 10th next year. Lots of us (15 in total going) have been trying every day since the flights were released just under 2 weeks ago and always get the same error.

Hopefully the fact that it seems to be happening for most dates might mean that they are in the process of being loaded and will be available soon.

Can get £565 pp from Gatwick but really want Manchester.

Lisa29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 10:16 AM   #14
london75
DIS Veteran

I'd give them a ring, it's been mostly off for me for two months. I think something is really wrong with flight data in the systems unless it really does mean there are no M+M. My flights are showing again today but disappeared yesterday.
Old 11-22-2012, 01:52 PM   #15
sjt22
Mouseketeer

same here having problems looking at the page.

I was looking at 24th aug to 7th sept 2013 at the start of the week there were economy seats for just under £600 with miles plus money but have not been able to access these dates again.

But if you search 23rd aug to 6th sept it comes up and still shows availability for the previous dates but I think its broken as they are now over £750 with 2000 miles and if you go to book without using miles the flights are cheaper.

Will just keep trying and hope for a good price, wish I had booked them on monday now.

Sarah x
POFQ with DH 2013

sjt22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: