DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2012, 01:31 PM   #16
andriade
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by oktracy
Thanks for the updates everyone. I had truly forgotten that the "go live" time for on-line booking is 5 am PST or 8 am EST. I live on the West Coast.
I am in the same boat as you. I need to get up at 5 am to go live with everyone to book. Ugh.
Disneyland Annual Passholders! Old Key West & Animal Kingdom Villas Owners WDW Swan 12/03-Got bit by the bug! Fort Wilderness Cabins 11/04 1/06 BWV 12/06 Christmas Trip BCV August 2008-Disney Magic Mexican Riviera BWV 4/2011 BWV 8/2011 GCV 6/2012 GCV 8/2012 Aulani

andriade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:32 AM   #17
osprey84
Earning My Ears

I was not successful for the week I needed in June and I am not flexible with the dates so I had to re-think my plans. I even checked today to see if there was a change in the week I needed and they are all booked. Good luck to those still trying.
Register to remove

Old 11-20-2012, 11:10 AM   #18
WDWmom08
Mouseketeer

I'm in a similar situation. My dates are flexible (but my points aren't) and I can't seem to book anything. I just got off the phone with member services and they were not at all helpful. I would prefer a 2 bedroom lock-off or standard villa but I would take 2 studios for any 5 night stretch in June or July. The first two days of any reservation are always booked. I was trying to actually get my name on something...anything...but it's not happening. I am now on this revolving door of waitlists but I don't know which one to keep.
WDWmom08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:17 AM   #19
aclov
DIS Veteran

I think flexibility helps with this popular resort but unfortunately I don't have any as I know alot of you don't either. I was able to book 5 nights out of the 8 I wanted in OV but not at the beginning of my trip. I'm now thinking of staying on Waikiki Beach for those 3 nights and than heading to Aulani. I'll try to waitlist but not feeling optimistic about that.

Last edited by aclov; 11-20-2012 at 02:32 PM.
aclov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:57 PM   #20
andriade
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aclov
I think flexibility helps with this popular resort but unfortunately I don't have any as I know alot of you don't either. I was able to book 5 nights out of the 8 I wanted in OV but not at the beginning of my trip. I'm not thinking staying on Waikiki Beach for those 3 nights and than heading to Aulani. I'll try to waitlist but not feeling optimistic about that.
It looks like there are a lot of us that are frustrated. I know I am. Last summer wasn't this bad! I hope July is a tiny bit easier.
Disneyland Annual Passholders! Old Key West & Animal Kingdom Villas Owners WDW Swan 12/03-Got bit by the bug! Fort Wilderness Cabins 11/04 1/06 BWV 12/06 Christmas Trip BCV August 2008-Disney Magic Mexican Riviera BWV 4/2011 BWV 8/2011 GCV 6/2012 GCV 8/2012 Aulani

andriade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:25 PM   #21
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Are those of you that are flexible looking back at dates again? I see there is at least one OV studio open for Jun 1-5th.

KAT4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:02 PM   #22
WDWmom08
Mouseketeer

Thanks! I called and it's only the one room.
Old 11-21-2012, 03:52 AM   #23
oktracy
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know why the first day or 2 of most week long reservations are always booked? How does this happen? Is this happening due to members "walking" a reservation? I am not really sure what that term means. Anyway, It seems impossible to get a reservation at all.

Thankfully, I am not looking to book again until 2014. It seems to me, that my only options are one of the following: buy those Aulani points I have been lusting after, travel off season or perhaps have 100 or so extra points available to in order to obtain any first available summer reservation.
oktracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:56 AM   #24
WDWmom08
Mouseketeer

I don't know but when I asked the not-so-helpful members services girl yesterday about over booking to get the days you actually wanted. She said you can't because you can't change a reservation or drop a day or two off; you have to cancel the whole ressie and rebook. It would then be subject to availability.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:20 AM   #25
runmommyrun
Mouseketeer

We got our reservation for 7 nights for June 5-12, 2013 at the 7 month window. We wanted a 1BR, any view but ocean (due to points). I was hoping for pool view. I was online at 8am Eastern and got the pool view room. Two hours later I checked and three of the seven nights were booked for all 1BR views but ocean view. Standard 1BR were never available. I think it depends a lot on how flexible you are. We were not flexible on dates due to other parts of our trip, but were flexible on view (so long as not ocean, which actually was the only view still with rooms two hours after online booking opened).

I told my DH last night we were lucky to get the reservation, as I've seen a handful of frustrated posters about Aulani, particularly regarding the first days of trips being booked. I didn't think June would be as busy as it is. Good luck. I hope the room comes through for you.
Beach Club Villas/Port Orleans-French Quarter, Star Wars Weekend (June 2014); Bay Lake Tower/AoA, MNSSHP & Epcot Food & Wine Festival (Oct. 2013); Aulani and Villas at Grand Californian (June 2013); Bay Lake Tower, Epcot Food & Wine Festival (Oct. 2012); Beach Club Villas/Dream Cruise/Bay Lake Tower (June 2012); Bay Lake Tower, Epcot Food & Wine Festival (Oct. 2011); Bay Lake Tower (June 2011); Vero Beach (March 2011); Saratoga Springs (Jan. 2011); Wilderness Lodge Villas & Bay Lake Tower (Aug. 2010); Vero Beach (March 2010); Wilderness Lodge (June 2009); Off-site (1998, 1997 & 1986)
runDisney
2011 Disney Marathon & Kid Races; 2011 Wine & Dine Half Marathon; Castaway Cay 5K June 2012
DVC Member since March 2010
runmommyrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:15 PM   #26
Iggipolka

DIS Veteran

Woo! We just booked tonight (Nov 21) a trip to Aluani April 15-22, 2 bedroom Ocean View. I was amazed that there was availability just 5 months from now. Can't wait!

DVC owners at AKV, VGC & Aulani
Iggipolka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:17 AM   #27
aclov
DIS Veteran

I just waitlisted my first 3 days of my stay but not holding my breath so looking at other options. I'm glad I was able to book what I have now at least.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:53 PM   #28
TravelinGal
DIS Veteran

I wanted to arrive on June 22nd for 7 nights - The Saturday was showing available the night before (I entered arriving the 21st the day prior just to see) and when I logged in 3 minutes before they started letting us book them (8AM EST) I got everything set up - dates location etc - and then started trying to submit at 1 minute till until it hit as open for sale and it was already gone for the Saturday arrival.

24 hours later wash, rinse repeat... LOL I got up the next day did the same thing and lucked out and got 6 nights arriving on the 23rd. (HAVE to depart the 29th for a cruise) If we'd been able to stay the 29th I could have gotten all 7 nights that day. 5 minutes later I looked at it and the space was gone for arriving on the 22nd. Glad I got it!

Wishing you the best of luck getting space!

Edited to add - we had to take ocean view because that was the only thing available for 1 bedroom. Studio was sold out - didn't look at 2 br.

TravelinGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:29 AM   #29
aclov
DIS Veteran

Someone on TUG has a 2bedroom in Jan (I think 2 or 3 nights) they are renting. Not sure why maybe last minute cancellation .
Old 12-01-2012, 02:21 PM   #30
Cinderpamela
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aclov View Post
I think flexibility helps with this popular resort but unfortunately I don't have any as I know alot of you don't either. I was able to book 5 nights out of the 8 I wanted in OV but not at the beginning of my trip. I'm now thinking of staying on Waikiki Beach for those 3 nights and than heading to Aulani. I'll try to waitlist but not feeling optimistic about that.
Actually staying in Waikiki the first few nights is not a bad idea! We were at Aulani for a week this past July and based on our experience I think next time we go we are going to do just that.

At Aulani we found ourselves having to make the drive into Waikiki many days to do/see many of the tourist things... Pearl Harbour ect. So I am thinking next time I will book the first 3 days in Waikiki get all that stuff done and then be able to truly relax and enjoy the resort when it comes to the Aulani time.

So this may be a blessing in disguise for you!

2014-November-Disneyland VGC 2013-Christmas at Aulani2012-November-Grand Cali 2012-July-Aulani 2011-1st trip to WDW-Christmas at Wilderness Lodge! 2010-Christmas-time@DLR and CLUB 33!! 2009-Christmas-time @ DLR 2008-Birthday @DLR 2007-PPH @ DLR
2005-DLH 1st Family Trip to DLR 1991-Spring Break Disneyland 1973-First trip to Disneyland
Cinderpamela is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: