Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2012, 08:18 PM   #1
VS85
Mouseketeer

Counter Service "to go"?

My cousin and I are not "early dinner" people, but don't want to have a late dinner that will make us late for the parade at MK. We are planning on eating at Columbia HH for dinner. Is it possible to pick up food from a CS restaurant and take it "to go"? We like to stake out our spot for the parade on a curb and people watch. We may as well use our time efficiently!
VS85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:37 PM   #2
jahber
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS85
My cousin and I are not "early dinner" people, but don't want to have a late dinner that will make us late for the parade at MK. We are planning on eating at Columbia HH for dinner. Is it possible to pick up food from a CS restaurant and take it "to go"? We like to stake out our spot for the parade on a curb and people watch. We may as well use our time efficiently!
Last time I was at Columbia Harbor House (couple of months ago), they had to-go boxes stacked up behind the counter. The CM gave me one for my leftover fries HTH!
Dream 4-night Bahamas 5/12
WDW too many times to count!
jahber is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-08-2012, 12:22 PM   #3
disnut8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS85 View Post
I would also suggest taking a plastic grocery bag along with you to help carry the containers. Putting some Ziploc bags in there wouldn't be a bad idea in case you have leftovers.
disnut8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:34 AM   #4
mom to minnie&mickey
DIS Veteran

We have taken "to go" cs at several locations at MK to bring back to the hotel for lunch when we needed to leave for naps for the kids. Have a wonderful trip.
mom to minnie&mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:23 AM   #5
ls3015
Mouseketeer

You can always go to casey's and get a awful tasting Hotdog's to go, they but them in wrappers.
ls3015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:45 AM   #6
VS85
Mouseketeer

Awesome! Thanks guys I think I will skip the hot dog though as long as it isn't freezing or raining, we will be enjoying our dinner outside waiting for the parade. Really appreciate your responses... I love that I can ask such strangely specific questions on this board and someone always has the answer!
VS85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:36 AM   #7
dmdelight
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS85 View Post
Awesome! Thanks guys I think I will skip the hot dog though as long as it isn't freezing or raining, we will be enjoying our dinner outside waiting for the parade. Really appreciate your responses... I love that I can ask such strangely specific questions on this board and someone always has the answer!
I totally agree.

there are some wonderfully knowledgeable people on here.
dmdelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:35 PM   #8
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”

DISboards Moderator

I have always found that all these Disney lovers were the best and most friendliness of all...
I know that if I have a question about anything ...all I have to do is ask and I receive an answer before I know it..

I love to go foods too..

pumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:46 PM   #9
ttintagel
DIS Veteran

We got food at Columbia Harbour House to eat while waiting for the parade. They wouldn't pack it to go for us, but they gave us boxes and let us do it ourselves after we left the counter. I can see where they don't have time to do individual requests.
ttintagel is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: