Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2012, 08:43 AM   #1
BigGoofyFan
Earning My Ears

Double stroller for 5 and 7 year old sons with Autism??

I have two children with Autism, ages 5 and 7. We are planning a Disney trip. The last time we went was two years ago and they did well with a stroller. The stroller we had was a Combi side by side and the wheel is cracked, so I need to do something different. I don't think that walking is a great idea. They both can be runners at times and I think that the stroller helps them so they don't feel overwhelmed.

I would prefer not to rent a Disney stroller just because the cost will really add up.

Any thoughts about what would be a decent double stroller that would accomodate two older children? Maclaren seems small. I'm thinking maybe a jogging stroller of some sort?
BigGoofyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:52 AM   #2
gatorboardgirl
Earning My Ears

Stroller

Well it really depends how much the children weigh and how tall they are. A city mini double would probably be too small, however you could go with a city mini GT Double or an Elite.

Hope this helps
gatorboardgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-15-2012, 12:25 PM   #3
BigGoofyFan
Earning My Ears

Thanks! My 7 year old is 58 pounds and my 5 year old is 48 pounds. I'm not exactly sure on their height, but they are probably a little taller than other boys their age.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:27 PM   #4
BigGoofyFan
Earning My Ears

Has anyone used a Maclaren techno double? I found one for a reasonable price and the weight limit is 110, so we would be okay there. Just not sure if they would be too smushed in. The other option might be to get two strollers and have us both push, but I still would need a single stroller big enough for an older child.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:36 PM   #5
gatorboardgirl
Earning My Ears

I have not used a double Maclaren however I have used a single Maclaren Triumph. Nice stroller basically a nice umbrella stroller.
gatorboardgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:33 PM   #6
Nevada Jen
Mouseketeer

I have a 7 year old that weight and a little tall for his age and he really does not fit well in any regular stroller. With that much weight I think you are going to want to go with a single stroller. I have a Maclaren Major that goes up to 110 pounds for a single. Its nice because it is an umbrella stroller. Liberty Special Needs Stroller is another option. I know at least one place in Orlando rents them. Those would work for a 7 year old. Can you get away with one single stroller? What about backpacks with the leashes on them as an alternative? You should be able to find someplace that has BOB doubles that you can see how both kids fit but I really don't think there is a double out there that will meet your needs.
Nevada Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:59 PM   #7
kandb
DIS Veteran

Look into renting one, then you don't have to bring it on the plane and they deliver right to your hotel room. Have fun.
kandb is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: