Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2012, 11:22 AM   #1
ekatiel
DIS Veteran

Anyone want to give us a cookie update from MVMCP??!

I know the first party was last night. Anyone with allergies been yet? What were your cookie options? Did locations have Enjoy Life Cookies? We leave on Wednesday, but don't do the party until the 25th. Can't wait! --Katie
Old 11-10-2012, 04:53 PM   #2
snorris49
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekatiel View Post
I know the first party was last night. Anyone with allergies been yet? What were your cookie options? Did locations have Enjoy Life Cookies? We leave on Wednesday, but don't do the party until the 25th. Can't wait! --Katie
I haven't been this year (we go on 12/16), but last year I had to search out for Enjoy Life Cookies. I found them at Tomorrowland Terrace. Otherwise, I was only given the option of the OMG I can't believe it's Gluten Free brand butterscotch cookies (which are only gluten free).

I've heard that you can get some allergy cookies at City Hall, but I haven't tried that yet. I know someone who had nut allergies said the cookies were there, but I don't know what brand.

Sorry I can't help anymore!

Check out my Blog!:
http://glutenfreedairyfreewdw.blogspot.com/

snorris49 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-12-2012, 08:10 PM   #3
HETRICKL
Mouseketeer

I haven't been to the party yet to verify, but Rachel in Special Diets did send me a pdf with the nutrition labels specifically for cookies & cocoa special dietary options for MVMCP.

Have you seen that?
HETRICKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:13 PM   #4
ekatiel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HETRICKL View Post
I haven't been to the party yet to verify, but Rachel in Special Diets did send me a pdf with the nutrition labels specifically for cookies & cocoa special dietary options for MVMCP.

Have you seen that?
I haven't seen it, but Rachel told me that all the cookie options contain eggs , and that Enjoy Life wasn't listed as an "official" cookie option, although some places may have them. Can you look at your sheet and verify? Thanks so much! We leave tomorrow!!! --Katie
Old 11-13-2012, 08:15 PM   #5
mistysue
DIS Veteran

If you do find out, I am interested in whether they are the large enjoy life (contain buckwheat) or the small (no buckwheat)

I like vacations.
mistysue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:57 PM   #6
HETRICKL
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekatiel View Post
I haven't seen it, but Rachel told me that all the cookie options contain eggs , and that Enjoy Life wasn't listed as an "official" cookie option, although some places may have them. Can you look at your sheet and verify? Thanks so much! We leave tomorrow!!! --Katie
Okay, the sheet shows the nutrition label, but don't all show the manufacturer. However, I don't believe they are Enjoy Life.

There is a Choc Chip and Snickerdoodle cookies. Both of these contain many allergens: wheat, eggs, milk, soy and also have nut warnings on them. I'm not really sure what kind of 'special dietary option' those are.

Anyway, there is also a Butterscotch Cookie which contains milk, egg & soy.

Lastly a Sugar free cookie, but doesn't say what kind. This does contain wheat flour, soy, milk and egg whites. This also has a nut warning on them.

Funny they are all on the 'special dietary options' when none of them seem like a great option for anyone.

I think I'll be packing cookies. Have a great trip!
HETRICKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:25 PM   #7
Snork
Mouseketeer

Hi. My wife and I just got back a few hours ago from WDW. This was our first trip with her having celiacs disease.

We went to the first night of the christmas party. The cookie she got was a Enjoy Life Chocolate Chip cookie.

The flour mix is buckwheat flour, millet flour, and rice flour. I got the cookie in front of me. They gave her two packages.

They also gave me one since I am a diabetic and I asked for the sugar free alternative. It is not sugar free, but kept my mouth shut so she could have another package...
Oct 4-8, 2004 POR. Oct 4-11, 2005 CSR. Jan 20-24, 2006 CBR. Sept 29-Oct 6, 2006 POR. Sept 22-Oct 2, 2007 POP. Sept 19-29, 2008 POP. Sept 25-Oct 5, 2009 POP. Sept 24-Oct 4, 2010, POP. Feb 25-Mar 7, 2011 ASMu and the Dream. Dec 3-11, 2011 POP. Nov 2-12, 2012 Dream and AoA. April 20, 2013. Now we live 15 minutes from Epcot.
Snork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:51 PM   #8
Snork
Mouseketeer

Let's see if a picture will work....

Oct 4-8, 2004 POR. Oct 4-11, 2005 CSR. Jan 20-24, 2006 CBR. Sept 29-Oct 6, 2006 POR. Sept 22-Oct 2, 2007 POP. Sept 19-29, 2008 POP. Sept 25-Oct 5, 2009 POP. Sept 24-Oct 4, 2010, POP. Feb 25-Mar 7, 2011 ASMu and the Dream. Dec 3-11, 2011 POP. Nov 2-12, 2012 Dream and AoA. April 20, 2013. Now we live 15 minutes from Epcot.
Snork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:02 AM   #9
marypopfan
DIS Veteran

In what location were you able to get the enjoy life cookie in? Thanks
POFQ June 09
Allstar Sports/Caribe Royale/POP Century June-July 08
POFQ Feb 06
POP Century Mar 05
Polynesian Dec 02
Allstar Movies Feb 01
Allstar Music Nov 97
marypopfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:27 AM   #10
MickeyMomTo2
Lauren S. @baseballsbows

Here's a link to the informational page I got from Special Diets about the treats available at MVMCP.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=1_pZ...rc4nrQ4vTo1ica
Old 11-15-2012, 06:53 AM   #11
snorris49
DIS Veteran

I also have the sheet on my blog. It's great that they are giving the sheet out this year. I'm glad to see the Enjoy Life cookies out there!

Check out my Blog!:

Old 11-15-2012, 12:16 PM   #12
AdventureIsOutThere
Just a girl, boy and their dog.

I was at the 11/9 Christmas Party and we were not able to have a gluten/egg/dairy restriction met with cookies. Maybe it was because we went to Pinnochio's Village Haus? The only alternative there was apple juice and apple slices.
The MountainEars is the chronicle of two twenty-something Disney aficionados centrally located in Colorado. The blog follows their adventures in the 'Land and around the World including what they rode, ate and experienced while visiting their favorite Mouse!

Next trips: DL in Aug/Sept for the Disneyland 10k, WDW in November for the Wine & Dine Half, WDW January for WDW Marathon Weekend (half of us may be Dopey!), and maybe a special graduation trip to DL in April/May!
AdventureIsOutThere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:36 PM   #13
SDSorority
I was traumatized as a child by Magic Journeys and The Haunted Mansion. **I have a LGMH with me at all times.** {Is it Podcast day yet??}

Location: The home of the Buckeyes! 975 Miles too far away from Epcot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snorris49 View Post
I also have the sheet on my blog. It's great that they are giving the sheet out this year. I'm glad to see the Enjoy Life cookies out there!

How do you do with buckwheat? I've heard conflicting things as to if buckwheat is safe, unsafe, unsure....
Old 11-15-2012, 08:18 PM   #14
mistysue
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDSorority View Post
How do you do with buckwheat? I've heard conflicting things as to if buckwheat is safe, unsafe, unsure....
I know this wasn't directed to me, but dispite the name buckwheat is not a type of wheat or even remotely related. Not even a grain. It is related to plants like rhubarb. The only reason there would be a conflict is that due to the strong flavor, buckwheat tends to be mixed with wheat.

Snork- isn't that great how so many CM's have a "regular" or "substitute" category? We laughed a few times when we discussed with people how DS couldn't have buckwheat and they proudly brought him those enjoy life cookies with buckwheat. When somebody is so well meaning it's hard to not just smile and say thank you.

I like vacations.
mistysue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:29 AM   #15
snorris49
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistysue View Post
I know this wasn't directed to me, but dispite the name buckwheat is not a type of wheat or even remotely related. Not even a grain. It is related to plants like rhubarb. The only reason there would be a conflict is that due to the strong flavor, buckwheat tends to be mixed with wheat.

Snork- isn't that great how so many CM's have a "regular" or "substitute" category? We laughed a few times when we discussed with people how DS couldn't have buckwheat and they proudly brought him those enjoy life cookies with buckwheat. When somebody is so well meaning it's hard to not just smile and say thank you.
Just reiterating what Mistysue said! It's not a type of wheat or related. However, as she mentioned it is often mixed with wheat (I personally LOVE buckwheat flavor, but not everyone does). I think the biggest concern with any sort of grain is that it might be cross contamination by being processed in the same facility as wheat. That's a valid concern. I read once that even Bob's Red Mill's buckwheat is not processed in a dedicated GF facility (which is strange considering how strict they are with their other GF products).

I do OK with it (I use a cream of buckwheat for breakfast occasionally). I'm also not a celiac but gluten intolerant (although my doctor feels my reactions are still rather severe even though I've come back negative for celiac disease--I have Crohn's disease so that might play into the reactions), so maybe I'm not as sensitive, but like I said I've been OK with it.

I know that probably didn't exactly answer your question, but hope it helps!

It's interesting that I'm noticing more products with buckwheat in it (including Enjoy Life!)

Check out my Blog!:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: