Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2012, 06:45 PM   #1
DbleTheFun
DIS Veteran

Where would YOU choose for MVMCP dinner?

I have a decision to make and need help!

Plaza at 4:05pm (will have to sprint in after party entry starts at 4:00 to make reservation- or shall i change that to walking swiftly and with purpose as if its EMH and trying to get on TSM because yes, i know.... Sprinting is not allowed!)
-never eaten here, but reviews always sound great!

LTT at 4:15pm. (little further from entrance, but bit more time- so sprint could be a brisk walk to make reservation)
-has been years since we've eaten here. Back when it was character meal. The thought of being in park early is attractive, and the food is all stuff we would eat...but Plaza was going to be an OOP meal, so not sure if this is worth doing the same. Step son (12) is a HUGE eater (skinniest ever though! Hahaha) so he'll enjoy being able to "pig out" before ride-a-palooza all night. May save him a few cavities from trying to eat a year's ration of cookies at the party if he eats enough.

Crystal Palace at 6:30pm. (no need to rush. Could stroll in sometime After 4, get our wrist bands and not panic)
- this is usually our MVMCP dinner destination. Kids dont care too much about these characters, and having to go back and forth to buffet or my 5 year old twins (going solo this trip with the three boys) doesnt excite me. We arent TOO worried about character meet and greets so the late reservation time relative to the party start doesnt scare me tooooo bad. We do late parade and are mostly there for atmosphere and rides.... With a few short line meet and greets throughout the night. Other concerns/advantages of LTT relate to this choice as well.

So.... What would YOU do?
WDW April '04, WDW May '05, WDW Dec. '07, DCL Wonder May '08, WDW at SSR May '08, WDW at SSR Dec. '08, DLR at GCC Sept. '09, WDW at KVAK Dec. '09, WDW at SSR May '10, WDW at SSR Dec '10, DCL Wonder + 5 days at GCV April '11, WDW at SSR Dec. '11, May '12 at BLT. DCL Dream & SSR Dec '12. SSR/BLT & DCL Dream Dec '13.
DbleTheFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:29 AM   #2
Dalamara
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DbleTheFun
I have a decision to make and need help!

Plaza at 4:05pm (will have to sprint in after party entry starts at 4:00 to make reservation- or shall i change that to walking swiftly and with purpose as if its EMH and trying to get on TSM because yes, i know.... Sprinting is not allowed!)
-never eaten here, but reviews always sound great!

LTT at 4:15pm. (little further from entrance, but bit more time- so sprint could be a brisk walk to make reservation)
-has been years since we've eaten here. Back when it was character meal. The thought of being in park early is attractive, and the food is all stuff we would eat...but Plaza was going to be an OOP meal, so not sure if this is worth doing the same. Step son (12) is a HUGE eater (skinniest ever though! Hahaha) so he'll enjoy being able to "pig out" before ride-a-palooza all night. May save him a few cavities from trying to eat a year's ration of cookies at the party if he eats enough.

Crystal Palace at 6:30pm. (no need to rush. Could stroll in sometime After 4, get our wrist bands and not panic)
- this is usually our MVMCP dinner destination. Kids dont care too much about these characters, and having to go back and forth to buffet or my 5 year old twins (going solo this trip with the three boys) doesnt excite me. We arent TOO worried about character meet and greets so the late reservation time relative to the party start doesnt scare me tooooo bad. We do late parade and are mostly there for atmosphere and rides.... With a few short line meet and greets throughout the night. Other concerns/advantages of LTT relate to this choice as well.

So.... What would YOU do?

I personally wouldn't do Crystal Palace at that time. I'll be going to MVMCP on Dec. 6th, and I wouldn't want to waste any party time in a restaurant.
Register to remove

Old 11-16-2012, 02:03 AM   #3
Belle83
DIS Veteran

Definitely Plaza or Liberty Tree Tavern.
Belle83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:01 AM   #4
jnfr2424
I'm Tink I got my Peter Pan and together we love to fly away to Neverland!

We are doing the Plaza. The last time we did Crystal Palace and it was chaos because they seated us way past our ADR which cut into party time and I forgot our tickets I had to run back to BLT to get them!(good thing or was close!!)

jnfr2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:10 AM   #5
nowellsl
my car finds out everytime I have money

We're going to Tony's, mainly because we're taking a 3 year old who never wants to eat anything but spagetti We've had some mixed experiences there, but usually it's pretty good!
nowellsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:19 AM   #6
discookiemonsta
Mouseketeer

I would definitely not waste any precious party time to go to CP...if I were you I would choose one of the earlier ADR choices!

Me(35) DH(35) DD(10) & DD(7)

discookiemonsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:30 AM   #7
MSSANDRA
DIS Veteran

LTT is the perfect choice for MVMCP dinner. It just seems cozy and give a winter Christmas feel. We like to do 5:30 here before the party and then we are in a perfect location to start the party. Even though it's a earlier ADR, that's the one I would do.
MSSANDRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:55 AM   #8
DbleTheFun
DIS Veteran

Thanks all... I agree that CP was my last choice based on the reservation time i got.

So that leaves it between the Plaza and LTT.... Based on my original notes, which do you think is a better fit?

(Plaza is less expensive for an OOP meal and gets consistently great reviews, and would be new to us... while LTT will be a nice ambiance to kick start our MVMCP evening, would be filling enough to satisfy my 12 yr old step sons appetite, but is definitely more expensive as OOP.)
WDW April '04, WDW May '05, WDW Dec. '07, DCL Wonder May '08, WDW at SSR May '08, WDW at SSR Dec. '08, DLR at GCC Sept. '09, WDW at KVAK Dec. '09, WDW at SSR May '10, WDW at SSR Dec '10, DCL Wonder + 5 days at GCV April '11, WDW at SSR Dec. '11, May '12 at BLT. DCL Dream & SSR Dec '12. SSR/BLT & DCL Dream Dec '13.
DbleTheFun is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: