Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2012, 02:00 PM   #1
cushdisney
Earning My Ears

Character Breakfast for adults

Going to Disney with my boyfriend in January. He hasn't been to disney since he was 9 (almost 20 years ago) ... I was thinking of surprising him with a character breakfast one morning. Is it odd for a couple in their late 20s to be at a character breakfast without kids and which breakfast would everyone reccommend? I already made an ADR for Ohana's character breakfast but is there another one people would reccommend. I'd prefer one with Mickey, and we are already having dinner at the California Grill so I want to avoid Chef Mickeys.
cushdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:02 PM   #2
loveshak22
DIS Veteran

I don't think it'd be odd at all!! I think it's quite common at WDW for adults to enjoy character meals
loveshak22 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-09-2012, 02:13 PM   #3
Cinderella1122
DVC member since 2008

Not odd at all! My siblings and I do character meals all the time and we are 29, 26, and 23

For this trip we have Crystal Palace, Askerhaus, Garden Grill, and Tuskerhouse booked.

June 2014 - All Star Music
December 2014 - Saratoga Springs
June 2015 - All Star Music
December 2015 - Bay Lake Tower
Cinderella1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:20 PM   #4
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”

DISboards Moderator

I love all the ones mentioned and we have gone with just adults..
How about Tusker House breakfast..it has some more masculine type characters...Like Donald duck at the front and Goofy...and Mickey..or was it pluto..cant remember but we had a great time..

my husband used to like SOUNDSTAGE Breakfast in MGM back when Aladdin and Jafar and Jasmine..

pumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:22 PM   #5
Pixiedust34
It's like I'm stuck in a music time warp
Hasn't touched an iron in over 10 yrs!
I love Target! Where else can you buy candy corn 90% off?!
My tags are getting dusty!

Go for it! Character fun is for all ages!
Old 12-09-2012, 02:24 PM   #6
DisneyFreaksx4
Earning My Ears

Try Ohanas at Polynesian!!!
DisneyFreaksx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:40 PM   #7
patriciaofoz
Mouseketeer

we are a party of 6 adults and we booked one character breakfast (at Cape May Cafe) just to experience what it'd be like. I wanted CRT but my group vetoed that plan

I think it's going to be awesome and I am looking forward to having photos taken with the characters!
Old 12-09-2012, 03:10 PM   #8
starrysky
DIS Veteran

DH and I have done both tusker house and crystal palace breakfast and we loved them both. On our last trip we are me 32 and DH 39. I like going both for the food and the early access to the parks especially MK.

1986 Hilton Downtown Disney, 1992 Offisite Kissimmee, 2006 Offsite (sheraton vistana) 2009 POFQ, 2010 POR, 2011 OKW, 2012 OKW, 2013 POFQ

starrysky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:20 PM   #9
FiggieFan
DIS Veteran

GO FOR IT! Last trip we enjoyed the Crystal Palace for dinner with Pooh and friends. Next trip we are trying Cinderella's Royal Table - the new breakfast menu looks incredible. We are also trying Crystal Palace for breakfast instead of dinner and dinner at 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian which is supposed to be hilarious! 2 adults only for all. You are never too old at Disney!

FiggieFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:32 PM   #10
LucyBC80
DIS Veteran

We're a family of two, mother 70 and daughter 30 and we have 7 character breakfasts booked. I see no problem with that.

My one worry is that character won't pay as much attention to us because we do not have kids with us.

Posted from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 12-09-2012, 03:51 PM   #11
rmgreenesq
Toadi Acceleratio Semper Absurda

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyBC80 View Post
My one worry is that character won't pay as much attention to us because we do not have kids with us.
I've noticed that the characters cue off of you just how much interaction you want with them. My last trip was to WDW was just my wife and myself for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon. We let the kiddos with grandma. We ate at the Cape May Character Breakfast twice as we were staying at the Beach Club.

The first breakfast, my wife and I communicated both verbally and non-verbally that we wanted to interact with them. "Oh look! Its Donald Duck!" my wife exclaimed! We took pictures, hammed it up, and got autographs. IT was the full blown character breakfast experience.

The second breakfast was the morning after the race. I didn't get a lot of sleep, and the race ended very badly for me. The characters approached the table, they pointed at the finishers medal around my neck, and applauded or acted astonished. I smiled and thanked them, and the character moved on. I non-verbally told them that I needed more coffee and NASIDs and less Disney character that morning. They respected that.

Rick
rmgreenesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:53 PM   #12
LucyBC80
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmgreenesq

I've noticed that the characters cue off of you just how much interaction you want with them. My last trip was to WDW was just my wife and myself for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon. We let the kiddos with grandma. We ate at the Cape May Character Breakfast twice as we were staying at the Beach Club.

The first breakfast, my wife and I communicated both verbally and non-verbally that we wanted to interact with them. "Oh look! Its Donald Duck!" my wife exclaimed! We took pictures, hammed it up, and got autographs. IT was the full blown character breakfast experience.

The second breakfast was the morning after the race. I didn't get a lot of sleep, and the race ended very badly for me. The characters approached the table, they pointed at the finishers medal around my neck, and applauded or acted astonished. I smiled and thanked them, and the character moved on. I non-verbally told them that I needed more coffee and NASIDs and less Disney character that morning. They respected that.

Rick
Thanks for that tip, I'll be sure to let know I want as much character interaction as possible.

Old 12-10-2012, 11:34 AM   #13
Melodious
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyBC80
We're a family of two, mother 70 and daughter 30 and we have 7 character breakfasts booked. I see no problem with that.

My mom and I have been to several character meals. I agree that if you act excited, they won't pass you by. We normally get kisses and hugs and bouncing from furry characters, and lots of 'girl's night out' comments from face characters. We had a whole conversation with Ariel at Akershus about our celebrating buttons
Old 12-10-2012, 01:10 PM   #14
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

There are lots of *adults only* at the CP every time we go. I love Eeyore, so that's why we pick that restaurant, plus the advantage of an empty park for pictures with our before park ressie. Had lots of interaction with Eeyore, Piglet, and Pooh - kind of let Tigger *bounce* on by LOL There was a table of 6 adults right next to us and they too were having a great time.
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:04 PM   #15
kanderson89
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyBC80 View Post

7 character breakfasts!!!!? That's awesome. My partner (57) and I (46) go to the breakfasts and have a terrific time. I ask Eeyore about his tail and bounce with Tigger. Once at the Crystal Palace, it was pretty quiet, so we ended up seeing them twice, and they were just as interactive....Pooh even got down on his knees and held my hands. It was so dear. Fear not - they'll play

WL - 2015
WL - 2014
WL - 2013
AKL - 2012
WL - 2011
WL - 2010
Ft Wilderness - as a kid in the 1970s
kanderson89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
character breakfast

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: