Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2012, 08:03 AM   #16
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

Well, since this will be our first cruise I had planned to try a Palo brunch but otherwise eat in the main MDRs. So can you order Palo room service at anytime or only dinner? Is there anything specific you would recommend we should at least try? I don't want to do a full dinner there since we've never seen the MDRs.

I don't like waiting 30 minutes prior to a show either. I'm guessing we will only watch 1 or 2 shows and not see them all.

I've seen one or two people mention them adding on a concierge lounge, but then others saying they didn't think so because there is no room. Disney hasn't announced anything yet. I would really love to see that added because I think we would truely enjoy that! I can't wait to see what they announce.

Did you take any pics? I would love to see a trip report! We are going to be in the Walt suite too and I rarely see any trip reports on it.
Old 11-18-2012, 04:01 PM   #17
Golden Rose
Princess by Choice

You can only order Palo when they are serving, which means dinner every night between 6 and 8:30, and brunch on sea days. They seemed a little surprised to get the brunch room service request, but we explained that we only wanted the items they actually prepare, not a sampling from the buffet section. (So we got one each of the pizzas, eggs benedict, and the pancakes with the rum sauce. And let me tell you, the difference between Palo's pancakes and the regular MDR pancakes is huge.)

Our favorite Palo dinner dishes were the mushroom dishes (the polenta and mushroom appetizer and the mushroom risotto,) the sea bass, the green veggie plate (not on the menu) that they did for my mom, the lobster ravioli, the chocolate souffle, and the chocolate amaretto dessert. Our favorite brunch dishes that they could deliver were the pizzas, particularly the grape pizza, and the pancakes.

On the nights we ordered from Palo, we also placed an order from the MDR for our kids. They were willing to eat some of the food from Palo, particularly the calamari and the breads, but we also wanted to make sure they had their regular favorites available.

We didn't actually wait long for any of the shows this trip, we took our chances showing up 5 to 10 minutes before, and found seats, just not good seats. It was not ideal, but we follow the no saving seats rule (except when someone has to run to the restroom), and we just couldn't come much earlier with our toddler when we tried to bring her. She absolutely loves watching the shows, but she does not like waiting and I really don't want her bothering the people around us. Anyway, I wish Disney would reserve a small block of seats for Concierge guests some day, but it wasn't a disaster that they don't.

We took a lot of pictures, and a few include the rooms or the balcony. I hadn't really thought about doing a trip report. We actually spent a lot of time in the room relaxing. (Also, DD got sick or ate something that disagreed with her one evening so I kept her in the room for 44 hours to be safe. My DM and I took turns with her, but it was still a lot of time just hanging out in the room.) I will say, we enjoyed the balcony, but it is really long and narrow, a little awkward if you're not a particularly small and dextrous toddler. DD loved the balcony and wanted to be out on in all the time, and waved at boats and dolphins when we saw them, shouting, "Hi boat!" or "Hi dolphin!" over and over.

DS has already requested that we cancel next year's already booked RCCL cruise in favor of another DCL cruise. DM (who travels with us a lot of the time) thought it was such a great trip that she's ok with the switch between lines, too. I've spent a little time today trying to figure out when a Royal Suite is available on the Wonder next fall. I think that says a lot about how much we liked it, and if we think it is worth it.

(me) (DH) (DS 8) (DD 3) (4 cats) (52 fish) (and a frog)
Golden Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-18-2012, 04:08 PM   #18
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

Well I would love to see a trip report! Looks like we have the same ideas about cruising. Maybe I can drool over your pics to tide me over lol

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: