Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2012, 02:37 PM   #1
z2akids
Earning My Ears

Princesses??

We are taking our first trip to Disney in March. Our daughter is 7 and is borderline "over" Disney princesses, but she loves the idea of princesses and all things girlie.

I have a pre-rope drop reservation (8:20) at the Castle for me, her and DH. We are on the dining plan and am not worried about it being 2 credits. Quality of food is certainly a plus, but most important to me is the experience for her. By the time we make it back to Disney, she very likely will be past the magic of princesses and on to teen stuff. So, I want this to be as magical as possible for her.

That being said - is CRT the best "princess" experience? Should we pick one of the other two princess character locations instead? For me personally, I am excited to be at MK before the crowds start arriving.

We will also be doing breakfast at Tusker House with our DD as well as our boys (11 and 10). They have no interest in interacting with princesses so they get to hang with grandma and grandpa that morning. But, given all their ages, those are the only two character meals we are planning (unless we would really be missing out on something else). They are more likely to be excited about T-Rex and Teppan Edo then characters.

Anyway, should we stick with CRT or is a different princess character meal better for a once in a lifetime experience?
z2akids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:06 PM   #2
homerjay316
Unofficial OWACA Unpaid Intern

If you want it to be as magical as possible, you want to dine with princesses in their castle. I think you got it right on the first try, but that's just my opinion.

Donald is my favorite, sorry Mickey.
homerjay316 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-13-2012, 03:38 PM   #3
ses1230
DIS Veteran

For a once in a lifetime experience, I would definitely keep CRT.

1978 CR 2006 CR 2007 OKW 2008 SSR 2009 GF 2010 BLT 2011 BLT 2012 AKV 2013 DCL - Wonder
2013 BC 2014 Pop 2014 BLT 2015 Pop 2015 BC
ses1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:12 PM   #4
purple figment
DIS Veteran

I would keep the CRT reservation. Yes, Akershus is also a castle, but there's something more magical about dining with the princesses in the iconic castle in the MK.

We had dinner at both CRT and Akershus last month and while there are princesses at both, the experience was much better at CRT. At CRT each princess is introduced to the whole room when she first arrives, there are wands, swords and wishing stars given out and the table visits seemed much more organized.

At Akershus the princesses just appear without fanfare and don't seem to have a set route through the restaurant. We were asked several times by CMs accompanying the princesses if we had been visited by all of them.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:42 PM   #5
consumermonkey
Mouseketeer

Hiya, my sis was 34 when we first visited the castle for lunch. 34! The look on her face when she met Snow White was worth all the blood sweat and tears it took to book the holiday.

Yep, stick with it. Dining with the disney princesses in Magic Kingdom would only ever be topped by dining with a real-world princess IMHO and Kate Windsor isn't much interested in visiting my village any time soon.

Have a great time.

consumermonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:14 PM   #6
jsw1114
Mouseketeer

We have done the castle past two times, the look on my husband and sons faces were just as good as the girls. The castle is special, it makes u feel special knowing u got a seat my kids r 12,10,7 with my son being the oldest. I don't think one is ever too old to not enjoy the castle.
jsw1114 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: