Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 11:54 AM   #91
DisneyDadC
Dis Dad Member #187
time to order me up a bag of dole whip mix

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmwest View Post
I'm confused. I was always told that Twinkie's will last forever.
well maybe with the surge in purchases of them( people stock piling them)Maybe Hostess will be able to rebound and stay open.
Dis Dad's Club Member #187 Dis Dad's Facebook Club Member
Tickets $,Travel $, Rooms Costs $,Putting a smile on a childs face=Priceless Keep up the Magic

Old 11-16-2012, 12:21 PM   #92
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Just left the old thread and on my way back here was asked to go into a meeting with the owners. Well, it looks like all the posting on the boards has paid off. I managed to get my job done in between posts and have a nice bonus coming to me next week. Woo-Hoo! It seems they were under the impression that me taking days off here and there over the last few weeks meant I was looking and interviewing for a new job. I wasn't, but I didn't tell them that. Bonus was to make me feel appreciated. And we will also be getting holiday bonuses next month.

Now to convince DW that we have the money for me to sneak away for the DDC. Wish me luck!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-16-2012, 12:25 PM   #93
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971 View Post
Just left the old thread and on my way back here was asked to go into a meeting with the owners. Well, it looks like all the posting on the boards has paid off. I managed to get my job done in between posts and have a nice bonus coming to me next week. Woo-Hoo! It seems they were under the impression that me taking days off here and there over the last few weeks meant I was looking and interviewing for a new job. I wasn't, but I didn't tell them that. Bonus was to make me feel appreciated. And we will also be getting holiday bonuses next month.

Now to convince DW that we have the money for me to sneak away for the DDC. Wish me luck!
Wow, nice surprise!

Congratulations and good luck.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:26 PM   #94
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:

THAT'S NICE!!!!

Good luck with speaking with the wife. Make sure you use some of that $ to wine & dine her before you ask. Flowers work well too.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:30 PM   #95
moose615
DIS Veteran

I'm late to the party, didn't realize the new thread was up, been wasting valuable post in the previous
Old 11-16-2012, 12:35 PM   #96
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Quote:

Nice! Hurry up, the block of rooms goes back to Disney pretty quick here. Get booked today and if she says no, then cancel. Or tell her it's not refundable and come any way!
Old 11-16-2012, 12:40 PM   #97
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose615 View Post
I'm late to the party, didn't realize the new thread was up, been wasting valuable post in the previous
Hey Philip, I went back over to respond to your earlier post. I'll try to get everything together over the Thanksgiving weekend and then PM you to get it out. Sounds like a plan.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:43 PM   #98
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Wow, nice surprise!

Congratulations and good luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
THAT'S NICE!!!!

Good luck with speaking with the wife. Make sure you use some of that $ to wine & dine her before you ask. Flowers work well too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
Nice! Hurry up, the block of rooms goes back to Disney pretty quick here. Get booked today and if she says no, then cancel. Or tell her it's not refundable and come any way!
Thanks Guys. Plans for a nice dinner and Wreck It Ralph with the kids tonight. Who could say no after that?!

Will try to book a room tonight when I have a computer that will so it in less than 3 days. If not, Paul said he has room for me if I get permission. Thanks Paul.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:49 PM   #99
wasnotafan
DIS Dad #481
Unfortunately my smartphone is smatter than I am
All that fresh air over the years has done me good

Quote:

Good job! Hope SWMBO approves so I can have one more to live vicariously through. Remember, candy is dandy but liquor is quicker.
Sept/Oct 06 - POR Riverside Alligator Bayou
July 08 - POR Riverside Magnolia Bend
Old 11-16-2012, 01:04 PM   #100
moose615
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971

Hey Philip, I went back over to respond to your earlier post. I'll try to get everything together over the Thanksgiving weekend and then PM you to get it out. Sounds like a plan.
Sounds good to me
Old 11-16-2012, 01:35 PM   #101
Wherem I Now
DIS Dad #30
29+85+77+26+95+4=FUN

Quote:
I had a speech planned, but I left it in my other pants. Well, not really my other pants, just the pants I planned to wear today. It's a bit chilly sitting here at work with no pants on.

But I do have the bullet points:
  • Fart Joke.
  • Bacon.
  • Dole Whip.
  • Princess.
  • Another Fart Joke.

5,000th POST

And in closing:
Fart Joke about a Princess eating a Bacon topped Dole Whip

DisDads Rock. All of you.
5000 Posts.

#30 King of the house, ruled by the Queen, and overrun by Princesses (18,16,8)

1978, 6/91 DisneyMoon, 10/94 DVL, 10/00 1st trip with DD's, 1/03, 1/05, 1/06 DCL Wonder. 4/06 Bonus day after business trip, 1/07 1st trip for 3rd DD, 6/07, 8/08 "Resort Hopper Trip", 1/09, 10/10, 5/11 DCL Dream, 4/12 OKW, 6/13 DCL Dream & OKW
Old 11-16-2012, 02:02 PM   #102
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

Quote:
Hey Everyone. Just found the new thread. Don't we usually close the other one before starting a new one? Wasted all morning over there. I'll let them know we found Norm over here. They were askin'.
New thread helps if you want to postr something meaningfull that you don;t want lost as pages fly by...

Polynesian April '03 (our belated official Honeymoon) POP Century January '06 (DD's first trip and DW's BDay) POP Century February '08 POP Century October 2010 (DD2's First trip and 10th Anniversary) POP Century August 2011 (Just Because)
POP Century August 2013 (see a trend happening?)

Old 11-16-2012, 02:37 PM   #103
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:

congrats. Still available for unqualified assistant job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose615 View Post
Must still post on both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTikiDaddy View Post
New thread helps if you want to postr something meaningfull that you don;t want lost as pages fly by...
When was the last time something meaningful was posted
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 11-16-2012, 02:44 PM   #104
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Checking both threads with phone and iPad. 40 second rule still applies.

Quote:
Hey Everyone. Just found the new thread. Don't we usually close the other one before starting a new one? Wasted all morning over there. I'll let them know we found Norm over here. They were askin'.
The new one gets opened when the old one is about to close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmwest View Post
I'm confused. I was always told that Twinkie's will last forever.
Twinkie does. Company?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDadC View Post
Can we all please just take a moment of silence for the death of the Twinkie today. This is truly a sad day.No more deep fried twinkies.
I read a rumor on FB that Sean may buy out Hostess.

Quote:
I had a speech planned, but I left it in my other pants. Well, not really my other pants, just the pants I planned to wear today. It's a bit chilly sitting here at work with no pants on.

DisDads Rock. All of you.
Congrats.

Happy Birthday Tim.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 11-16-2012, 02:51 PM   #105
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma's Dad View Post
OooooooOOooooo... nice place you have here, Randall! Much nicer that the beer-can laden cave I left you with.
Yes, bravo Randall. Way better than what's his name who used to set these up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Howdy, glad to see the current thread closing is going better than the one around Thanksgiving last year.
True that. Let's forget about all that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post
Norm's already been here...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Dad View Post
Touche.
ATtacked once again.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187