Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 09:38 AM   #466
mm1971
DIS Veteran

DD Field Hockey team and pic of her in goalie outfit. Congrats to the girls. They are mostly grade 4 kids that played against grade 5/6 all season and won 80% of their games.

Old 11-20-2012, 09:45 AM   #467
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971 View Post

DD Field Hockey team and pic of her in goalie outfit. Congrats to the girls. They are mostly grade 4 kids that played against grade 5/6 all season and won 80% of their games.

Well done!
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-20-2012, 10:09 AM   #468
moose615
DIS Veteran

Well me not thinking, had DD in the chair next to me and she tried to get up, fell straight to the floor, lesson learned. While holding her she said "look Jack Frost " and then said "whoa things are getting kindof weird and then started crying, I did my best to console her, the dental assistant came and got her, they said she's doing great and being perfect, I just hate the powerlessness of it all, knowing DD is back there and I'm out in the lobby and I can't help, but she is in good hands
Old 11-20-2012, 10:15 AM   #469
cj9200
DIS Dad #412
Double Dog Dare You to post a screaming like a little girl video

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
Too excited pending my arrival?
Yep, keep having nightmares.

Quote:
I am fully aware that all of the positive qualities come from the other side of the family. I am reminded every time they are in trouble it is my fault.
Isn't that the truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
When most kids come home from a break at college, they usually bring a few bags of laundry with them from the past few weeks/months. Why is it that when I imagine Crash coming home for break, she has to do your laundry and clean up the house so it's habitable until her next break?
I wish. The kid is a slob. Haven't even opened her bedroom door since she left. Let alone her bathroom.

Quote:

Go Team. Congrats to her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose615 View Post
Well me not thinking, had DD in the chair next to me and she tried to get up, fell straight to the floor, lesson learned. While holding her she said "look Jack Frost " and then said "whoa things are getting kindof weird and then started crying, I did my best to console her, the dental assistant came and got her, they said she's doing great and being perfect, I just hate the powerlessness of it all, knowing DD is back there and I'm out in the lobby and I can't help, but she is in good hands
I know it is tough right now but will be something you will laugh about in the years to come. Good luck to her.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:20 AM   #470
moose615
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200

I know it is tough right now but will be something you will laugh about in the years to come. Good luck to her.
Even though its tough, I still got a few pictures when she was loopy lol, I tried to resist but it didn't work, I did resist taking video of all the funny things she was saying before she started crying
Old 11-20-2012, 10:21 AM   #471
IamTrike
DIS Veteran

Morning Dads
Quote:
That is a terrific idea. Dis Dad Hall of Fame. Do we need to work out a formula like QB rating? # posts X # trips X # kids X amount of merchandise ..
Seems like a good formula. Wouldn't want to have to calculate though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Great Explanation

Quote:
Not short when you figure out how much driving and how many Thanksgiving meals to go to. I have three. How many do others have?
We're driving all over the face of the earth for Christmas so thanksgiving is just going to be a nice pleasant meal at home. DW and I wanted to just relax so I think Cracker Barrel will be doing our cooking.

DW (Rachel) Me (Ryan) DD 5 DS 9

DIS DADs CLUB MEMBER #566 James 1:27 Look over here, it's a trip report Updated on 7/5/11 The last day
Old 11-20-2012, 10:30 AM   #472
scott2997
DIS Dad#543
You trying for ownage?!
I'm not sure what I'll be tied up in at home tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck619 View Post
Quote:

That is a terrific idea. Dis Dad Hall of Fame. Do we need to work out a formula like QB rating? # posts X # trips X # kids X amount of merchandise ..

Great, another complicated ranking system :
I guess we would call it the NCS....

Dis Dads Member #543

April 2012 Spring Break TR

Trips:April 2014 (BLT), January 2014 (CBR), January 2013 (OKW), April 2012 (BLT)
MK Only (1 day visits) - 2013, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008
Offsite - 2013, 2005, 1990
Old 11-20-2012, 10:38 AM   #473
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200 View Post

What Tim said. And is dad going to Bieber? If so, you have done enough for her birthday.
Nope, I'm working that night, and part of the deal that DW and I made when she came up with the idea was she was taking her.

I even have another back-up excuse. I have tinnintus in my right ear, the noise levels to any concert would be torture to me.

Polynesian April '03 (our belated official Honeymoon) POP Century January '06 (DD's first trip and DW's BDay) POP Century February '08 POP Century October 2010 (DD2's First trip and 10th Anniversary) POP Century August 2011 (Just Because)
POP Century August 2013 (see a trend happening?)

Old 11-20-2012, 10:38 AM   #474
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisDadDoc View Post
Tim, sweet set-up!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTikiDaddy View Post
GO Train goes right there too for a fraction of the price
YOU should of got her some backstage passes too. Then you could of called Sal and asked for the stretch. Actually you should of made it a super stretch. I know the show is across town, but it is a fast car. She could of caught the limo back in the alley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
from this

to this

We watch Jeopardy all the time. I never saw this episode.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:44 AM   #475
that's nice
DDC #330

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
When most kids come home from a break at college, they usually bring a few bags of laundry with them from the past few weeks/months. Why is it that when I imagine Crash coming home for break, she has to do your laundry and clean up the house so it's habitable until her next break?
Way to belittle your team members! <-- not a thumb!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes View Post
I figure that the Top 30 list pretty much is a kind of Hall of Fame
It that case... WOO HOO!!!!!

I'm in the top 30 & passed Barry!!!! What a great day!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jousey View Post
Time to catch some sleep, then work on our Disney PhotoPass CD.
Good luck with that... the site is slower than molasses.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:48 AM   #476
that's nice
DDC #330

Quote:
Congratulations to your DD and her team!

Quote:
Video tape her on the way home... that way you can make lots of money like that other family did... 115 million views

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txqiwrbYGrs
Old 11-20-2012, 10:49 AM   #477
IamTrike
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTikiDaddy View Post
Nope, I'm working that night, and part of the deal that DW and I made when she came up with the idea was she was taking her.

I even have another back-up excuse. I have tinnintus in my right ear, the noise levels to any concert would be torture to me.
Its pretty safe to say that a Bieber concert would be torture for most anyone on this forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
YOU should of got her some backstage passes too. Then you could of called Sal and asked for the stretch. Actually you should of made it a super stretch. I know the show is across town, but it is a fast car. She could of caught the limo back in the alley.

We watch Jeopardy all the time. I never saw this episode.
Well played with the RnRC quote.

If you search celebrity jeopardy SNL on youtube there should be a bunch of bits. The " An album Cover" and "Pen is Mightier" bits are both pretty good.

DW (Rachel) Me (Ryan) DD 5 DS 9

DIS DADs CLUB MEMBER #566 James 1:27 Look over here, it's a trip report Updated on 7/5/11 The last day
Old 11-20-2012, 10:50 AM   #478
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
When DD broke her forearm, they medicated her and put her in loopy land. I got to stay with her the whole time and some of the comments were beyond hilarious. Took 3 people to reset it properly, but DD didn't even remember it happened. Went from broken to a pink cast like magic.

Old 11-20-2012, 10:53 AM   #479
that's nice
DDC #330

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamTrike View Post
If you search celebrity jeopardy SNL on youtube there should be a bunch of bits. The " An album Cover" and "Pen is Mightier" bits are both pretty good.
My bad... I thought it was a real episode of Jeopardy. I didn't realize it was SNL. Now that you say that... I think I do remember it. I'll look it up. Thanks!
Old 11-20-2012, 10:55 AM   #480
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Congratulations to your DD and her team!

Thanks!

Video tape her on the way home... that way you can make lots of money like that other family did... 115 million views

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txqiwrbYGrs
Yup and America's Funny Video's grand prize is lots of cash, a week at DW and some special events while there.

Closed Thread

Tags
bacon, cake, ddcc, dole whips, men

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: