Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 08:41 AM   #3241
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
You didn't offend. I enjoy it or wouldn't post back with you. You can send me lobsters alive and and I can cook them. Do you know what lamb fries are?
I do know what lamb fries are. Never had them, but love cooking and trying new things. If you were kidding, I accept Kentucky bourbon (and actually preferred). That way I could selfishly keep it for myself!

Some of the more exotic we have had recently:

Kanagroo
Rattle Snake (It actually does taste like chicken)
Alligator (tastes kind of like salmon, or maybe that was due to marinade)
Elk steaks
Tried making Haggis and pretty much removed that from the menu
Jelly fish
Sea Cucumber - Really not recommended

Of course I am not sure the kids would even try it if they knew what is was.

Old 12-10-2012, 08:44 AM   #3242
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTikiDaddy View Post
Post 3000....yay me!

Spent the afternoon at the mall today, kids had a birthday party to attend at Build-A-Bear. We got the kids finished for Christmas, and a lot of the others. Mall was a freakin' zoo. Pretty tired, but trying to get laundry done

I know my bonus too, big fat ZERO. DW will get a nice little check plus gift certificates though.

Health pretty good all and all. One more planned hospital trip Tuesday afternoon for one more test and follow up, but it'll take most the afternoon. Other then that, developoed a cold in the bronchial tubes naturally, so have a very irritating cough, been keeping me and DW up, plus wearing me out in general. At least Tuesday it'll get addressed. Other then that a definite improvement, in particlar, since I've learned my lesson and being carefull to take the blood pressure meds. Going to book my regular doctor for very early into the new year before the meds run out.

Monster canes!! Prayers to your in-laws and family.

I think it's a noble effort to try to reply to everyone. I wish I could, but sometimes I have nothing to say, good or otherwise.

Wish I could post more, done respectable numbers since joining, but can't access the boards from work, and usually for a few hours after I get home, gettung dinner ready, homework checking etc.
No speech for 3K? Thanks for the prayers and keep getting better! Sorry you have a cold now. We have strep going around here now and luckily have avoided it so far.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-10-2012, 08:53 AM   #3243
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Good evening. We made it home this evening against my strong protest. Probably not much point going back the past week aside from what little I caught while I was away, so prayers, congratulations, condolences and happy birthdays.

Time to adjust to being back in the real world.
Man, that went fast. Hope it was a great time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
and here I am watching Amazing Race and talking to Chris and Mark on Facebook about the episode.
You chose...poorly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971 View Post
We used to watch Amazing Race, but didn't really get into it this season, not sure why? Enjoy watching the final run to the million!
Because this year stunk. No teams worth rooting for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katoot View Post
Nope. It hasn't been posted on here yet, but Aaron let it be known over at the other place that my brother mentioned on Facebook that my wife had the twins today.
Congratulations Casey (and Casey's wife)!
Old 12-10-2012, 08:54 AM   #3244
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disdadIL View Post
Hey dads. That cold turned into bronchitis. However, steroids and antibiotics have made me a new man. A Canadian man, but a new one nonetheless. Hope y'all are well. 14 days to Christmas cruise on the Wonder
I wouldn't tell too many people about......Oh, already posted here. Canadian? Well I guess we'll have to exile you across the border with the others. I hope you like moose!

Quote:
Good evening. We made it home this evening against my strong protest. Probably not much point going back the past week aside from what little I caught while I was away, so prayers, congratulations, condolences and happy birthdays.

Time to adjust to being back in the real world.
Welcome back Andy. Feel free to put on some Disney music and pretend you are still away for a few days. I'm sure they all expect it anyways. I know when we have a scheduled vacation they pretty much assume I am not doing anything for the few days before and after.

Old 12-10-2012, 09:00 AM   #3245
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
DDC 469
Never mind the Kool-Aid, don’t drink the Beverly!
If it’s still here tomorrow… I may ignore it again

‘Morning all…
Again, I’ve missed much. The weekends are for doing the work you can’t do while you’re working and the “working” bit of the equations has been, shall we say, “a might trying”. On the up side, it promises to continuing to be “trying” for a while yet (not much of an up side there is it?)

Welcome home to my nemesis…
Hope the trip was marvelous, but you deserve every bit of the stacks of hell that are waiting on your desk at work as we speak (now get started on that TR).

Prayers where needed (and for the rest of you who just don’t know they need them), congrats to all deserving and I miss the conversation over here. I’ll try to check in across the next few days and hopefully I can return to wasting far more of all y’all’s valuable time in the near.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:02 AM   #3246
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
I do know what lamb fries are. Never had them, but love cooking and trying new things. If you were kidding, I accept Kentucky bourbon (and actually preferred). That way I could selfishly keep it for myself!

Some of the more exotic we have had recently:

Of course I am not sure the kids would even try it if they knew what is was.
I never had lamb fries, kangaroo, sea cucumber, jelly fish, or haggis, but everything else on your list. Maybe some KY bourbon for lobster would be a good swap.

Quote:
Nope. It hasn't been posted on here yet, but Aaron let it be known over at the other place that my brother mentioned on Facebook that my wife had the twins today.
Well, officially then, congrats.

Quote:
Morning guys.

First storm day of the year today for DW and DS. Snow changing to ice pellets to freezing rain to rain. Should be a lovely day.

Hopefully my boss will shut this place down around lunch.

Congrats on the twins Casey, I hope everyone is doing fine.
You can always ride the penguins home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose615 View Post
Way to show me up norm!!! I guess that's the bad thing about working for a small company, no way would I ever get that many days off in a row, 2 weeks vacation no matter how many years I've been here
It is what it is. One of the perks of my job is the time off.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 12-10-2012, 09:02 AM   #3247
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Good morning fellow dads, last full week for 3 weeks , 4 day next week, 3 day Christmas week and 2 day New Years / DD birthday week, I'm not going to be able to go back to 5 day weeks after that
Hey Philip. I'm going to try the same thing. Out tomorrow and need to take 7 more days before end of year so I don't lose them. Due to our financial close for December I don;t get to be off between Christmas and New Years though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodBelding View Post
Morning guys.

Casey, congrats on the babies!!!!
Morning. What did I miss? I guess congratulations are in order? CONGRATULATIONS!

Old 12-10-2012, 09:06 AM   #3248
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes

Welcome home to my nemesis…
Hope the trip was marvelous, but you deserve every bit of the stacks of hell that are waiting on your desk at work as we speak (now get started on that TR).
I'm taking today off. I need a day to re adjust to life. TR will be coming, but first I'm working on a detailed review of the new test track for Aaron to post at the other place.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:06 AM   #3249
RodBelding
DIS Dad #589
We Got The Better Belding
So help me, if you're encouraging any penguin obsession, things are going to get ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella's Fella View Post
Congratulations Casey!

I got the timescope out and found your kids in a couple of years:

This made my day!
Old 12-10-2012, 09:08 AM   #3250
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Morning guys.

First storm day of the year today for DW and DS. Snow changing to ice pellets to freezing rain to rain. Should be a lovely day.

Hopefully my boss will shut this place down around lunch.
I don't think we have seen the sun here in over a week! No big storms, just cloudy with a chance of rain every day. Raining today. It's getting depressing at this point, especially with my nemesis CJ spending his days diving and at the tiki bar. If I wanted to live in Seattle, I would move there. Looks like it's time to start looking at sunny locations for a vacation.

Drive slow and stay safe.

Quote:
Way to show me up norm!!! I guess that's the bad thing about working for a small company, no way would I ever get that many days off in a row, 2 weeks vacation no matter how many years I've been here
Just another reason to always think WWND?

Old 12-10-2012, 09:09 AM   #3251
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
DDC 469

Quote:

Well that one needs to be commented on (it's a moral imperative).

Congratulations sir!

You are now a DisDad both in spirit and in fact.
Welcome to the fold and may more of the joys of Parenting find you.
Cherish the laughs, remember the tears, and hold on tight, cause this ride moves at lightning speed.

It will simply make your head spin.

Last edited by GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes; 12-10-2012 at 09:15 AM.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:14 AM   #3252
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodBelding View Post
This made my day!
Doesn't take much, does it?

Have a good day. Haven't heard any bad news so I guess you are adjusting to the new position and things are going well?

Old 12-10-2012, 09:17 AM   #3253
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
DDC 469

Quote:
I'm taking today off. I need a day to re adjust to life. TR will be coming, but first I'm working on a detailed review of the new test track for Aaron to post at the other place.

Don’t blame you for taking the time.

All the better for the piles of hell awaiting you to continue to grow
Bwwwwhhhaaaahaahahahaah!

Other then that, a detailed account of TT is a public service that is certainly commendable.

I won’t be commending you for it (so far as you know) but, I’ll certainly be taking advantage of it’s existence.

Welcome home.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:23 AM   #3254
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post

You can always ride the penguins home.

The polar bear has better traction and overall speed.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Old 12-10-2012, 09:25 AM   #3255
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
I don't think we have seen the sun here in over a week! No big storms, just cloudy with a chance of rain every day. Raining today. It's getting depressing at this point, especially with my nemesis CJ spending his days diving and at the tiki bar. If I wanted to live in Seattle, I would move there. Looks like it's time to start looking at sunny locations for a vacation.

Drive slow and stay safe.
Things haven't been bad here and it has stayed relatively warm. Today is a mess and tomorrow we are suppose to be back to +9 (about 50 Fahrenheit) with showers.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Closed Thread

Tags
bacon, cake, ddcc, dole whips, men

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: