Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-02-2012, 07:20 PM   #2221
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV
 
AirGoofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 12,541

Sunday ownage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck619 View Post
We would like 2 but would not turn down 1
Probably shuldn't plan your adoption around your DVC purchase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose615 View Post
TT opening actually changed our plan to do MK for 2 days in March, now we are doing MK and then Epcot the next day, which will be cool for DD because we didn't do Epcot in October
When are you going in March?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971 View Post
Hey CJ, with a win over the Fins the Pats win the division........Again. It took them exactly 7 minutes from the end of the game to tell us season ticket holders and send a bill for the playoff tickets. 7 minutes.

I'm rooting for FL in the Sugar Bowl should the rumors be true. Sorry Norm. I think they should be playing ND for the title as they had a tougher schedule than the others.
Bridgewater is a special QB, but he is that whole team. I think it's cool that they will meet and Charlie can play his old squad. I'll be pulling for my Cards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
I didn't realize the Jets had trouble selling tickets. I know that was part of the reason but from a football standpoint, it was a ridiculous move on Johnson's part. Even Jerry Jones signs players with some talent.
Jerry jones signed Quncey Carter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
The Denver defense had much more to do with the record last year than Tebeau did.
Whatever. The QB gets the credit when the teams wins and loses. It may not be right, but that's the NFL. And, if that were true, then nothing but a Superbowl Win should be expected from the Broncos, since it is the same team, with a healthier defense, and super pro Manning. I still think Tebow could get a team 7-9 wins, given the right team, coach, and ownership. It is not the most fun style of football to watch, but a win is a win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
And one of the few times they did use him he hurts himself.
Yeah, Rex did that on purpose. Sanchez had been stinking it up so bad that he could hav pulled him weeks ago. He just hates Tebow so much that he will not give him a chance. And that's fine, but go to your owner and say so. Don't be a coward and switch once he gets hurt.
__________________
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline  
Old 12-02-2012, 07:29 PM   #2222
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV
 
AirGoofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 12,541

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose615 View Post
Back from the parade, DD had a blast and so did i, I did get to talk to the hot daycare woman who DD told me to not even think about it, haha, and we have something in common, we both love the Nashville Predators, I'm working up the Disney angle
Go get her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971 View Post
WWND? I hope you scheduled your next parent meeting time!
Excellent idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose615 View Post
Sadly she's not DDs teacher,and I'm guessing Norm would ask all the dads if its wrong if a woman flirts with him lol, luckily I do not have to worry about that, I'm a freebird! Now let's all sing along!!!!!!

Also listening to the podcast now, great topic with new fantasyland
She is allowed to flirt with me, but I just can't act on it. You can. Anyway for extra parent/teacher conferences? Private meetings because dd really likes her? Meet with where without dd because you don't want dd to hear conversation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971 View Post
Players that have good coaches mostly run the plays that are called. You're right, the Lions may not have run the play that was called. Thanks for making my point.
Not really. LT was so coked up he forgot the play that was called and just rushed the passer. Today, Peppers for Chicago, who people consider a good player one team with a good coach, frequently free lanced and Wilson got outside the pocket and ultimately won the game. That's my point. The coach gets too much of the blame, just like the QB does, but that's just the way it goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200 View Post
Norm, rumor has it that Florida will be playing Louisville in the Sugar Bowl. Good story lines there.
How many points are you giving me? We can go double or nothing on that drink.
__________________
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-02-2012, 07:40 PM   #2223
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one
 
declansdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 19,014

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post


Jerry jones signed Quncey Carter.
I said some talent, not lots of talent.


Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post

Whatever. The QB gets the credit when the teams wins and loses. It may not be right, but that's the NFL. And, if that were true, then nothing but a Superbowl Win should be expected from the Broncos, since it is the same team, with a healthier defense, and super pro Manning. I still think Tebow could get a team 7-9 wins, given the right team, coach, and ownership. It is not the most fun style of football to watch, but a win is a win.
I think he could get a team that many wins in another league but not the NFL. For him to do that his defense would need to hold the opposition to 10 points or less every week.
__________________
Darcy
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr




declansdad is offline  
Old 12-02-2012, 07:47 PM   #2224
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV
 
AirGoofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 12,541

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
I think he could get a team that many wins in another league but not the NFL. For him to do that his defense would need to hold the opposition to 10 points or less every week.
Trent Dilfer is a Super Bowl winning QB. I think he could do it in the NFL. But, you're not going to find a coach that is willing to try. Fox and Elway hated him every minute in Denver, but Fox designed an offense that Tebow could run. It is not fun to watch.
__________________
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline  
Old 12-02-2012, 07:48 PM   #2225
moose615
DIS Veteran
 
moose615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Hendersonville, Tennessee
Posts: 1,688

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy

When are you going in March?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy

Go get her.

Excellent idea.

She is allowed to flirt with me, but I just can't act on it. You can. Anyway for extra parent/teacher conferences? Private meetings because dd really likes her? Meet with where without dd because you don't want dd to hear conversation?

.
We are doing the BLT rental trip March 1st and fly back the morning of the 4th so far it's looking like
Mar. 1st- check out resort, prob go to DTD, no ADRs
Mar 2nd- MK -CP breakfast , BOG lunch if cannot get BOG dinner ADR
Mar 3rd-Epcot - no Epcot ADRs prob play it be ear and then OHana dinner ADR

She's not DDs teacher so kindof hard to schedule a conference with her but she's hot so I'm willing to try, maybe it'll impress her if I tell her I'm a DisDad, anyone ever get a date using that line, I have some older pickup lines but DD does have to go to daycare there so I gotta keep them atleast PG rated
__________________
moose615 is offline  
Old 12-02-2012, 08:03 PM   #2226
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV
 
AirGoofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 12,541

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose615 View Post
She's not DDs teacher so kindof hard to schedule a conference with her but she's hot so I'm willing to try, maybe it'll impress her if I tell her I'm a DisDad, anyone ever get a date using that line, I have some older pickup lines but DD does have to go to daycare there so I gotta keep them atleast PG rated
We're at the end of March, for now, unless we cancel it for the new plan. Is she a teacher at the new day care? Could you try the meet together to see if your dd could benefit from extra teaching? Or, does she have a child at the day care? Could your child make friends with her child?
__________________
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline  
Old 12-02-2012, 08:15 PM   #2227
moose615
DIS Veteran
 
moose615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Hendersonville, Tennessee
Posts: 1,688

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy

We're at the end of March, for now, unless we cancel it for the new plan. Is she a teacher at the new day care? Could you try the meet together to see if your dd could benefit from extra teaching? Or, does she have a child at the day care? Could your child make friends with her child?
She's a teacher at the daycare but she teaches the age group younger then DDs, I see her everyday when I pick DD up, we have talked from time to time.

The March trip was mainly because DGM had expiring flights that needed to be used and this time DGP is coming too, my dad and I work together so it's hard for us to take the same days off, that's why it's mainly a weekend trip but we are taking a half day off that Friday and flying straight out
__________________
moose615 is offline  
Old 12-02-2012, 08:20 PM   #2228
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV
 
AirGoofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 12,541

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose615 View Post
She's a teacher at the daycare but she teaches the age group younger then DDs, I see her everyday when I pick DD up, we have talked from time to time.

The March trip was mainly because DGM had expiring flights that needed to be used and this time DGP is coming too, my dad and I work together so it's hard for us to take the same days off, that's why it's mainly a weekend trip but we are taking a half day off that Friday and flying straight out
Well, then just ask her out - no gimmicks. Well, maybe wear your Disney tshirt when you do?
__________________
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline  
Old 12-02-2012, 08:33 PM   #2229
moose615
DIS Veteran
 
moose615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Hendersonville, Tennessee
Posts: 1,688

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy

Well, then just ask her out - no gimmicks. Well, maybe wear your Disney tshirt when you do?
Haha, no suit and tie, just a Disney shirt, well of course jeans too, it is a daycare after all. She's wayyyyy out of my league but might be worth a shot
__________________
moose615 is offline  
Old 12-02-2012, 08:41 PM   #2230
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one
 
declansdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 19,014

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
Trent Dilfer is a Super Bowl winning QB. I think he could do it in the NFL. But, you're not going to find a coach that is willing to try. Fox and Elway hated him every minute in Denver, but Fox designed an offense that Tebow could run. It is not fun to watch.

I like watching Tebeau and he was great in college but even in Denver the offense wasn't that great. Dilfer played on a team with an amazing defense, probably one of the best ever and he could throw a ball, Tebeau can't.
__________________
Darcy
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr





Last edited by declansdad; 12-02-2012 at 09:09 PM.
declansdad is offline  
Old 12-02-2012, 08:51 PM   #2231
RodBelding
DIS Dad #589
We Got The Better Belding
So help me, if you're encouraging any penguin obsession, things are going to get ugly
 
RodBelding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mass.
Posts: 5,898

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
Trent Dilfer is a Super Bowl winning QB. I think he could do it in the NFL. But, you're not going to find a coach that is willing to try. Fox and Elway hated him every minute in Denver, but Fox designed an offense that Tebow could run. It is not fun to watch.
I love the Trent Dilfer argument. How must Trent Dilfer feel, that every bad quarterback on a good team gets compared to him!
__________________
_______________________________________________
Me (Paul) DW DD DS
RodBelding is offline  
Old 12-02-2012, 08:57 PM   #2232
RodBelding
DIS Dad #589
We Got The Better Belding
So help me, if you're encouraging any penguin obsession, things are going to get ugly
 
RodBelding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mass.
Posts: 5,898

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
Trent Dilfer is a Super Bowl winning QB. I think he could do it in the NFL. But, you're not going to find a coach that is willing to try. Fox and Elway hated him every minute in Denver, but Fox designed an offense that Tebow could run. It is not fun to watch.
I love the Trent Dilfer argument. How must Trent Dilfer feel, that every bad quarterback on a good team gets compared to him!
__________________
_______________________________________________
Me (Paul) DW DD DS
RodBelding is offline  
Old 12-02-2012, 09:03 PM   #2233
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV
 
AirGoofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 12,541

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose615 View Post
Haha, no suit and tie, just a Disney shirt, well of course jeans too, it is a daycare after all. She's wayyyyy out of my league but might be worth a shot
The worst thing she can say is no. Go for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
I like watching Tebeau and he was great in college but even in Denver the offense was that great. Dilfer played on a team with an amazing defense, probably one of the best ever and he could throw a ball, Tebeau can't.
I'm not a fan of Tebow's, but wins are wins. He won't get another chance to run a NFL team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodBelding View Post
I love the Trent Dilfer argument. How must Trent Dilfer feel, that every bad quarterback on a good team gets compared to him!
Let me win a Superbowl, all that money, and yu can make fun of me all you want.
__________________
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline  
Old 12-02-2012, 09:11 PM   #2234
RodBelding
DIS Dad #589
We Got The Better Belding
So help me, if you're encouraging any penguin obsession, things are going to get ugly
 
RodBelding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mass.
Posts: 5,898

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post

Let me win a Superbowl, all that money, and yu can make fun of me all you want.
I mean, he wasn't that bad of a quarterback, but now that he's the poster-boy for that argument, you'd think he was Ryan Leaf!
__________________
_______________________________________________
Me (Paul) DW DD DS
RodBelding is offline  
Old 12-02-2012, 09:12 PM   #2235
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one
 
declansdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 19,014

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post

I'm not a fan of Tebow's, but wins are wins. He won't get another chance to run a NFL team.

You can say what you want about him but I don't think he has ever been tackled by the butt of one of his lineman.

__________________
Darcy
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr




declansdad is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
bacon, cake, ddcc, dole whips, men



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:21 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.