Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 07:38 AM   #1816
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

Stomach has finally settled down, and the endless (feeling) stream of appointments are over till next week, so it;s back to work. Have a good day guys!

Polynesian April '03 (our belated official Honeymoon) POP Century January '06 (DD's first trip and DW's BDay) POP Century February '08 POP Century October 2010 (DD2's First trip and 10th Anniversary) POP Century August 2011 (Just Because)
POP Century August 2013 (see a trend happening?)

Old 11-29-2012, 07:46 AM   #1817
10dedfish
XBOX: Mattisamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTikiDaddy View Post
Vent away....what a stupid start to a morning....I think you need to take a Mental Health Day....stat!
I just took the week of Thanksgiving "off", but I ended up working a few hours due to my boss and I both being away from the office at the same time. I was planning on taking from the 18th of Dec off until New Years, but not sure if that's going to happen now. At least my company cashes us out on PTO at the end of the year.

Matt

Matt DW DD (13) DD (7)

DISDAD Experiment #628
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-29-2012, 08:10 AM   #1818
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy + 3 View Post
Any of you FTJ guys filling out a W9? Someone wanna 'splain it to me?
W-9 is just a request for your tax ID number. It's pretty simple. I have tax customers on the side that issue me 1099's each year. In order to issue the 1099, they need to have a W9 with accurate information. You can print one off the IRS website if needed. Usually investments ask for them as well.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:15 AM   #1819
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Dad View Post
Link?
I've heard the next trilogy is supposed to be from Lucas's original 3 trilogy master plan and are supposed to be a few years after ROTJ.
That is correct. It is based on Luke trying to rebuild the Jedi order and what happens to the republic after the empire falls from my understanding. They needed to keep most of the same main characters as it is a continuing story. Both Harrison Ford and Carrie Fischer were quoted in several articles stating they would be interested in continuing their roles. Have not heard anything about Singer. The articles didn't say that they were cast, only that they wanted to do it.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:18 AM   #1820
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just a reminder Dads, that A Charlie Brown Christmas is on tonight....
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughmudder View Post
One of my favorites... it gets me every year.
Can't believe I missed it again. Good thing we have it on DVD. I'll have to watch it this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella's Fella View Post
Bacon Paul?

Old 11-29-2012, 08:18 AM   #1821
theduck619
DDC 188
I love that middle crease between the two straight sections
It's a secret passge to a man cave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10dedfish View Post
Morning Guys!

Its already been a Beverly of a week, hoping it ends soon. Found out yesterday that the work I completed months ago that put us way ahead of the game was in the wrong format. Seems no one from the Prime Contractor told us that they decided to change the format. So, where we were once way ahead of the game, we are now significantly behind. Now, add on to that the fact I also have to write training packages and there are another 4 technical manuals that are due at the same time, and you can feel my aggravation.

So, on the way in this morning I get stopped by a train at 20 after 5. At the ONE crossing between my house and work, which is 43 miles away. Then I get stuck behind someone who likes to drive in the left lane, so I switch to the right to go around him. HE SPEEDS UP to keep me from passing and I get stuck behind a smaller truck driving in the right lane. At this point I am questioning his parentage and wondering if I could find the fleas of a 1000 camels to start my retribution. So I slow back down and get in the left lane. At which point said person of questionable parentage slows down and matches the speed of the truck in the right lane.

At this point I put on my Charlie Brown Christmas music from my iphone and try not to commit vehicular manslaughter.

Oh and I have a meeting from 3-4 this afternoon. Seriously? Who schedules a meeting from 3-4 on a Thursday?

Can I go home? My XBOX and Skyrim are lonely.

Thanks for the vent, feel much better now, (not really) but you get the point.

Matt
Matt,

I hope you are able to find a "happy place" to escape to sometime today

DisDad Member #188

We are home!- 12/9/14 Follow the adventure at:
http://nicelyfamilyadoptionadventure.blogspot.com
Old 11-29-2012, 08:21 AM   #1822
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose615 View Post
Guys I gotta vent for a minute, I assumed the reason DDs mom hadn't tried to contact or see her in over 7 months was because she moved to Georgia with her mom and older daughter but today I learned she is still in the same city and just hasn't bothered to try to see her daughter, which pisses me off!!!!!! BEVERLY BEVERLY BEVERLY!!!!!!!! For my DD, it breaks my heart and maybe her mom feels like DD is better off like it is (holding my opinion out) I don't know what her deal is, thank you, had to air that out for a min
I think you have every right to feel that way. It's not really fair to your DD. Whatever the reason, I am sending prayers that it gets resolved for your DD sake. I can't imagine that I would not spend every opportunity with my children if I were not able to live with them. We got your back! Feel free to vent.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:27 AM   #1823
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post

Hey girl, I got somethin' real important to give you
So just sit down and listen

Girl you know we've been together such a long, long time (such a long time)
And now I'm ready to lay it on the line

(Wooow) You know it's Christmas and my heart is open wide (open wide)

Gonna give you something so you know what's on my mind (what is on my mind)
Does it come in a box? I love that one! Not the gift, just the skit. Come on, I know what you were thinking.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:29 AM   #1824
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disdadIL View Post
This is a six word post
Quote:
Did you need to use your fingers?
Glad your still living up to expectations.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:33 AM   #1825
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Morning Guys!

Its already been a Beverly of a week, hoping it ends soon. Found out yesterday that the work I completed months ago that put us way ahead of the game was in the wrong format. Seems no one from the Prime Contractor told us that they decided to change the format. So, where we were once way ahead of the game, we are now significantly behind. Now, add on to that the fact I also have to write training packages and there are another 4 technical manuals that are due at the same time, and you can feel my aggravation.

So, on the way in this morning I get stopped by a train at 20 after 5. At the ONE crossing between my house and work, which is 43 miles away. Then I get stuck behind someone who likes to drive in the left lane, so I switch to the right to go around him. HE SPEEDS UP to keep me from passing and I get stuck behind a smaller truck driving in the right lane. At this point I am questioning his parentage and wondering if I could find the fleas of a 1000 camels to start my retribution. So I slow back down and get in the left lane. At which point said person of questionable parentage slows down and matches the speed of the truck in the right lane.

At this point I put on my Charlie Brown Christmas music from my iphone and try not to commit vehicular manslaughter.

Oh and I have a meeting from 3-4 this afternoon. Seriously? Who schedules a meeting from 3-4 on a Thursday?

Matt
Quote:
Originally Posted by moose615 View Post
Vent away!!! I've seen those drives and years ago honestly I was that driver, and the questioning percentage still applies to me
Quote:
Vent away....what a stupid start to a morning....I think you need to take a Mental Health Day....stat!
I'm pretty sure we established a few days ago that leaving work to go home and play Xbox was a DisDads approved activity.

Sorry the commute was bad. People like that are just looking for some attention.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:38 AM   #1826
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704
I think they live an altered state of reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10dedfish
Morning Guys!

Matt
Hope today gets better. Angry birds always help my with my frustrations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971

That is correct. It is based on Luke trying to rebuild the Jedi order and what happens to the republic after the empire falls from my understanding. They needed to keep most of the same main characters as it is a continuing story. Both Harrison Ford and Carrie Fischer were quoted in several articles stating they would be interested in continuing their roles. Have not heard anything about Singer. The articles didn't say that they were cast, only that they wanted to do it.
We must have read the same articles. I know that a lot of the die hard fans won't be happy. They treat the expanded universe novels like scripture and any movies that conflict with that will be bashed.
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
My pretrip report DOA
Old 11-29-2012, 08:39 AM   #1827
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704
I think they live an altered state of reality

I just multi quoted from my phone. It can be done
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
My pretrip report DOA
Old 11-29-2012, 08:42 AM   #1828
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Stomach has finally settled down, and the endless (feeling) stream of appointments are over till next week, so it;s back to work. Have a good day guys!
Good news.

Quote:
I just took the week of Thanksgiving "off", but I ended up working a few hours due to my boss and I both being away from the office at the same time. I was planning on taking from the 18th of Dec off until New Years, but not sure if that's going to happen now. At least my company cashes us out on PTO at the end of the year.

Matt
At least you get a bonus instead of a jelly of the month club membership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971 View Post
Still having a hard time with the age gaps of the first three movies - Padme, Annikan, and Kenobi. Then, when you add in the 4th with the really old Kenobi and Luke and Leia are twins? Maybe we won't notice that any of them aged 20 plus years.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 11-29-2012, 08:47 AM   #1829
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hope today gets better. Angry birds always help my with my frustrations.

We must have read the same articles. I know that a lot of the die hard fans won't be happy. They treat the expanded universe novels like scripture and any movies that conflict with that will be bashed.
I agree. We did read some of the books and my DS loves to watch the Clone Wars cartoons (can I call them cartoons?). The die hard fans will just have to realize that without being able to market for a billion dollars in ticket sales, the movies would not be coming. You need to general audiences to do that.

From the articles, this trilogy is supposed to be a bette group of story lines than the other 6. I hope that's true. If not, all you'll hear is "Disney ruined it". Not really an open mind going in.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:48 AM   #1830
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I just multi quoted from my phone. It can be done
Pray tell! I think a lot of us have been trying to figure that one out for a while. I'm still trying to figure out how to multi quote on the Ipad.
Closed Thread

Tags
bacon, cake, ddcc, dole whips, men

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: