Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2012, 08:40 AM   #1
happydfan
Earning My Ears

Holiday Mickey/Minnie

At WDW there is always a photo op with both Holiday Mickey and Minnie. Is there a place at DL that has a photo op with them?
happydfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:54 AM   #2
Mrdrift
Earning My Ears

I saw Mickey, Minnie, Pluto and Goofy around the Christmas tree on Main Street taking pictures and signing autographs for the kids. It was nice to see all of them out together at the same time.
Mrdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-14-2012, 09:20 AM   #3
MonkeyDishwasher
Yes!!! I got the first non-topic starter post! Do I get a medal or something?

Mickey and Minnie are wearing their holiday best when they visit at the Jingle Jangle Jamboree in Frontierland. Goofy and Pluto, too.
MonkeyDishwasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:56 PM   #4
LVdisneyChick
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyDishwasher
Mickey and Minnie are wearing their holiday best when they visit at the Jingle Jangle Jamboree in Frontierland. Goofy and Pluto, too.
Do they have a photopass person at the jamboree
Old 11-14-2012, 03:26 PM   #5
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

Mickey was in holiday attire on Main Street and in front of the Cathay theater. The outfits were different - a holiday sweater on Main Street and a scarf/hat ensemble at Cathay.
figment_jii is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:19 AM   #6
CheshireGato
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyDishwasher
I second this, saw them today. And they do have a couple of photopass people standing around, you have to grab one if you need it (I had to grab one and chase Mickey down with her since he seemed to have wandering feet)
There were practically no lines to see them either!
1995 Spring 2001 Summer 2003 (WDW) June 2006 Oct 2009 May 2011 June 2012 November 2012 (solo)
CheshireGato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:36 AM   #7
ManusDei
Mouseketeer

I think the OP was asking specifically if you can get both Mickey and Minnie together in one picture, to which I would say it's a little harder than in WDW since they wander around separately, both on Main Street and in the Jingle Jangle Jamboree.

Usually on Main Street they tend to walk to one particular spot and stay there while a line forms, but the characters rarely stand together in any group photo opportunities. DGF and I actually had to get Chip and Dale separately this past weekend for that reason.

It might be easier in the Jingle Jangle Jamboree area since it's a lot bigger area and is often a lot less crowded. The characters in here just hang out freely with little to no lines. They wander from place to place around the area and interact with anyone they see (and often with people who don't notice them at first ). So for that reason, it *might* be possible to, say, ask Minnie if she would be willing to walk over to Mickey to take a picture with you and him. But even here, there are no guarantees, especially since Mickey and Minnie are more popular and more likely to have lines that keep them from just doing so.
ManusDei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:25 AM   #8
CheshireGato
DIS Veteran

Great news! I saw Mickey/Minnie doing pictures together in holiday gear TWICE today. I saw them next to Autopia and also in the town square.
1995 Spring 2001 Summer 2003 (WDW) June 2006 Oct 2009 May 2011 June 2012 November 2012 (solo)
CheshireGato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:33 PM   #9
perlster
DIS Veteran

They sometimes appear separately, but I did seem them together on the side street to the right the Disney Gallery a couple of days ago:

perlster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:10 PM   #10
TigerlilyAJ
DIS Veteran

We never saw them together, in holiday gear or otherwise from Oct 30-Nov 13. We once saw Goofy and Donald briefly take pictures together before splitting off into two separate photo ops. Yes, we saw fancy-dressed Christmas Minnie (so not the one in the Christmas sweater above, but rather a full-length red and green dress) at the Jingle Jangle Jamboree, along with both Mrs. Claus and Santa and a Pluto with reindeer antlers. Yes, there was a PhotoPass photographer there, so my family has a pic with Santa and Mrs. together.
TigerlilyAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:58 PM   #11
happydfan
Earning My Ears

Yay! I hope we get the opportunity to have a photo with both. My holiday Mickey and Minnie photo with my family is one of my all time favorite Disney photos. I was really hoping we could get a new one taken this year. This being out first visit to DL I wasn't sure how they operated. Thanks for the tips.
Old 11-17-2012, 10:01 PM   #12
happydfan
Earning My Ears

Also, the sweaters would be cute because our photo we have now is with them in their formal holiday wear.
Old 11-28-2012, 02:32 PM   #13
happydfan
Earning My Ears

Are there any recent updates of Mickey and Minnie taking photos together?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: