Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2012, 05:01 PM   #1
Mom23Disneybelievers
DIS Veteran

Experience Renting Bonnet Creek on Ebay?

I paid for a week rental at Bonnet Creek over a week ago. Fair price and seller with a large # of positive feedback from selling timeshare rentals. I sent an email the day after paying for the rental, and I never heard back. Still no communication. Sent a second email 2 days ago asking if there was a problem with the rental. They quickly emailed me back and said that they have been busy and will get to it when they can.

I paid using a CC, so I feel some security from that. But, I need Christmas week and if I sit waiting I may not get another rental, if needed. I have rented DVC points before with out any issue. Everything went smoothly and quickly. This is not feeling the same.

Should I be concerned? Should I have recieved a receipt or confirmation # from them by now? Should I relax and just look at this as a seller with poor communication skills?
Any info from those that have rented Bonnet Creek would be very helpful!

Mom23Disneybelievers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:55 PM   #2
mikehn
DIS Veteran

I've rented WBC on Ebay without any problems. Its only been a week. Dont worry bout it.
mikehn is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-04-2012, 07:24 PM   #3
Mom23Disneybelievers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehn View Post
I've rented WBC on Ebay without any problems. Its only been a week. Dont worry bout it.
Thanks for the "don't worry bout it". I don't want to worry, but I have no info to go on and no experience with BC and ebay. I'd rather everything be set and not have to think about it again until arrival.

Do you recall how long it took for you to get a confirmation or receipt from the seller? I am guessing longer than a week?

Old 11-05-2012, 12:36 AM   #4
Upatnoon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom23Disneybelievers View Post
I paid for a week rental at Bonnet Creek over a week ago. Fair price and seller with a large # of positive feedback from selling timeshare rentals. I sent an email the day after paying for the rental, and I never heard back. Still no communication. Sent a second email 2 days ago asking if there was a problem with the rental. They quickly emailed me back and said that they have been busy and will get to it when they can.

I paid using a CC, so I feel some security from that. But, I need Christmas week and if I sit waiting I may not get another rental, if needed. I have rented DVC points before with out any issue. Everything went smoothly and quickly. This is not feeling the same.

Should I be concerned? Should I have recieved a receipt or confirmation # from them by now? Should I relax and just look at this as a seller with poor communication skills?
Any info from those that have rented Bonnet Creek would be very helpful!
If the feedback is good, and they are an active renter, I would not worry considering your trip is so far off.

Remember, what you are feeling is one of the reasons why staying at Bonnet Creek is such a good deal.
Upatnoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:44 AM   #5
MulanMom
DIS Veteran

Is it possible some of the delay may be due to Hurricane/Superstorm Sandy? I have no idea where you or your renter are geographically, but with all the power outages, etc., a delay in communication is not surprising. Can you followup with an email with the excuse that you need to verify that nothing was lost in storm glitches?

Good luck to you. For myself, renting timeshares is never easy!
MulanMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:25 AM   #6
Mom23Disneybelievers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upatnoon View Post
If the feedback is good, and they are an active renter, I would not worry considering your trip is so far off.

Remember, what you are feeling is one of the reasons why staying at Bonnet Creek is such a good deal.

Hmm! Didn't think of it that way...very true!

Old 11-05-2012, 07:34 AM   #7
Mom23Disneybelievers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MulanMom View Post
Is it possible some of the delay may be due to Hurricane/Superstorm Sandy? I have no idea where you or your renter are geographically, but with all the power outages, etc., a delay in communication is not surprising. Can you followup with an email with the excuse that you need to verify that nothing was lost in storm glitches?

Good luck to you. For myself, renting timeshares is never easy!
I am in New York, and we were displaced because of a huge fallen tree on our property and we didn't have power, water, or heat this past week. But, I checked my email/messages on occasion. The seller's location isn't anywhere near the areas affected.

I would do that, but I don't want to be a PIA if it is normal for it to take a few weeks for this sort of thing. I just know that when I rented DVC, it was a very quick process. Believe me ... I am tempted! But, I am trying to refrain!

Old 11-05-2012, 09:13 AM   #8
mikehn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for the "don't worry bout it". I don't want to worry, but I have no info to go on and no experience with BC and ebay. I'd rather everything be set and not have to think about it again until arrival.

Do you recall how long it took for you to get a confirmation or receipt from the seller? I am guessing longer than a week?
I dont recall how long it took to get a response. In time, the seller emailed me all the rental documents.
mikehn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:24 AM   #9
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehn View Post
I haven't but I know people that have...no issues.
Old 11-07-2012, 03:56 PM   #10
Mom23Disneybelievers
DIS Veteran

Thank you for the info! It seems from the responses that it is not unusual to wait a while for the confirmation documents.

I still have not heard from the seller, but I will wait it out until the end of the week.

Old 11-07-2012, 08:41 PM   #11
DawnM
Dawn

Is Christmas week a guaranteed week with this seller? That is what would concern me.

Dawn

living with 4 boys (dh included)
DawnM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:50 PM   #12
angelbear425
Mouseketeer

I can understand why some are saying give it time (especially if the seller is active and has good feedback); however, I would be worried because you want Christmas week and I imagine it would be a busy week.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:55 AM   #13
Mom23Disneybelievers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnM View Post
Is Christmas week a guaranteed week with this seller? That is what would concern me.

Dawn

Yes, it was a specific listing with the date of 12/22-12/29. This is the first week that I need. Now that I know we can spare the time for a second week I need to find a rental for the 2nd week 12/29-1/5, but I don't want to go ahead with that until I get confirmation with this seller for the week I paid for. Very frustrating!!

Old 11-08-2012, 06:58 AM   #14
Mom23Disneybelievers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbear425 View Post
I can understand why some are saying give it time (especially if the seller is active and has good feedback); however, I would be worried because you want Christmas week and I imagine it would be a busy week.

Yes, that is my dilema. If I sit on it too long, I might have a real problem finding a BC rental for that week. However, it sounds like from others' experience it is somewhat normal for renting BC.

Old 11-08-2012, 02:18 PM   #15
LynnTH
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes, it was a specific listing with the date of 12/22-12/29. This is the first week that I need. Now that I know we can spare the time for a second week I need to find a rental for the 2nd week 12/29-1/5, but I don't want to go ahead with that until I get confirmation with this seller for the week I paid for. Very frustrating!!
I would think they since they listed a specific week that they already have those dates booked and just need to change the info to reflect your name and information.
LynnTH is offline   Reply With Quote