Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2012, 10:57 PM   #16
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

Not a bride, and we did our not-fancy wedding while leaving out a bunch of family, so I get that you want to do a vow renewal ... I just don't understand why you can't _not_ invite them. Invite the people who will make your day joyful, avoid the people that won't.

If you absolutely have to have them there for a ceremony, do one in your home town, then travel somewhere without them and do another ceremony for you and the people you want. And don't tell them about the second one!
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
taaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:00 PM   #17
SamandWill1921
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by taaren View Post
Not a bride, and we did our not-fancy wedding while leaving out a bunch of family, so I get that you want to do a vow renewal ... I just don't understand why you can't _not_ invite them. Invite the people who will make your day joyful, avoid the people that won't.

If you absolutely have to have them there for a ceremony, do one in your home town, then travel somewhere without them and do another ceremony for you and the people you want. And don't tell them about the second one!
I understand where you are coming from, and that type of thing has been discussed many times. But I'm trying to avoid all lies and deceit. What's going to happen when they see a framed picture of my DH and I on the ship in wedding clothes hanging in our house? I don't want to have to pull down pictures for the rest of our lives to avoid an awkward situation.

Belated Honeymoon at Disneyland October 2011
Disney Wonder California Coast Sept 2012
Disneyland Sept 2012
SamandWill1921 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-16-2012, 07:17 AM   #18
DixieBelle
A Pirate at heart! Go ECU!

Oh dear sister, you have my deepest sympathies!

Families are the greatest blessings and the ABSOLUTE greatest curse at the same time. You are responsible for neither their happiness, nor their prejudices. You cannot change them, just don't let them change you by making you bitter. If people want to be small minded and petty, any target will do.

Your plan for a three day cruise with ceremony, then moving on without them sounds truly inspired. Also, do you realize if you book a concierge level suite, there is a gate that non conc level passengers cannot get through?

I hope your plans work out. Let us know, ok?
Old 11-16-2012, 07:51 AM   #19
sleepydog25
Girls of the Woo Hooty: Riddlers Gone Bad
I'm gettin' trippy about my race
Well, I was channeling YOU
Jack, the fairly good person to unwind to

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamandWill1921 View Post
Thanks for all the support everyone. We can't afford to do a WDW ceremony AND a DCL one. So I think We may do something like this:
Do a 3 night VR cruise on the Dream, that way we don't have to be with them for an entire week in a confined space. And we may only have to eat dinner with them for one night of we do Palo and Remy. I'm a activity person, so I'm more than happy to let them know where I will be and they can join if they want but they are more the type to set up camp at the bar. And that's just fine by me....
Then Hang out at WDW for a day or two,
THEN head on a 7 night fantasy honeymoon cruise.

And yes, this is cheaper than a WDW ceremony, a DCL ceremony, WDW tickets and hotel, and a cruise.

With doing a 3 night with them, if they want to be excessively nasty then it only ruins 3 days, not a week.
Sounds like a plan. Best wishes!

sleepydog25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:48 AM   #20
stl_figment
Mouseketeer

Not to get into details, but I was worried about my family and his family also, we did the three day cruise for the wedding and it worked out fine.

Not to say we didn't have tense moments, but our time all together was limited so it really worked out well. We spent our honeymoon at Disney (but in retrospect wish we would have done another cruise).

Best of luck to you.

stl_figment is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: