Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2012, 07:42 AM   #1
AllThingsFigment
Mouseketeer

Same TS twice in one trip?

Would you do the same table service restaurant twice in one trip? If so which one?

I'm having trouble deciding on our last few adrs and we have a couple I wouldn't mind going back to since there are multiple things on the menu that I would love to try. I would only go back to one though and try new places to fill our other adrs.
AllThingsFigment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:55 AM   #2
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

I have done this on several occasions (restaurants including Sanaa and California Grill.) But my trips are frequent, not once a year.
Register to remove

Old 11-15-2012, 07:57 AM   #3
sheilanne
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllThingsFigment
Would you do the same table service restaurant twice in one trip? If so which one?

I'm having trouble deciding on our last few adrs and we have a couple I wouldn't mind going back to since there are multiple things on the menu that I would love to try. I would only go back to one though and try new places to fill our other adrs.
We're going in 10 days and have 2 ressies at Le Cellier, Cal Grill and Ohana. Ohana is bkfst and dinner and Le Cellier is lunch and dinner. We also have CRT, BOG, Akershus, Narcoosse's, Crystal Palace, Coral Reef, Chef Mickey's, Citrico's and LTT. I wanted Narcoossee's twice but only very late ADR's were available.
sheilanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:59 AM   #4
clsteve
It takes a very long time to become young

Location: Where, if the world ended tomorrow, we wouldn't know for three days

I've eaten at the Brown Derby twice in one trip once for lunch on a half day visit to DHS (Cobb Salads and a nice glass of wine), and then for dinner a few days later on another half day visit. Mostly because I find the other eatery options at DHS not very appealing and the Derby's theming really seems to "hit it" for me at DHS (and they have a very decent wine selection).

If you love a place because they have so many things that appeal to you, there's no reason not to- whatever makes sense.

If I could afford it, I would have no trouble eating at V & A's every single night of every trip..........
clsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:01 AM   #5
Havana
DIS Veteran

Yes, we went to Le Cellier two times in one trip a few years ago. I would do it again, especially if there were more than one thing on the menu I was interested in.

Havana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:03 AM   #6
jocin3
Mouseketeer

We'll be there in 9 days and have 2 reservations for Via Napoli (1 lunch and 1 dinner) because I insist on having the pizza since it was so delicious last year and my husband doesn't consider that "dinner"

I say whatever works for you and your schedule! Have fun!
Old 11-15-2012, 08:08 AM   #7
AllThingsFigment
Mouseketeer

Also I forgot to ask do you think we will have any problems making the adrs as far as canceling goes? I know the system will cancel a previous ADR if the one you are making is too close to it? What if its to the same restaurant, same time just a different day? It will also be a different number of guests since the rest of our group won't be arriving until later in the week.

Thanks for the replies! I love hearing the different restaurants everyone goes back to.
AllThingsFigment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:26 AM   #8
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Like TDC Nala our trips are frequent. Even so, we make it a practice not to eat at the same restaurant more than once on a particular trip.

However, we do make a couple of exceptions.
Sometimes we stay at the Dolphin and have been known to do lunch/dinner at the Fountain more than once - especially if we don't feel like going out of the hotel after a long park day.
Sometimes we stop at a favorite watering hole at Epcot more than once in a visit. We were fortunate enough to run into TDC Nala there last visit.

The reason we don't generally repeat a restaurant/meal is that there are so many good choices at WDW and we want to try them all.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:42 AM   #9
figment814
Mouseketeer

For me, No...but most of our trips are short. If I was to take a trip of more than a week, maybe, but likely it would be restaurant that a different menu at the two meals.

There really are so many wonderful restaurants with vastly different atmospheres. Now if DBF were booking the trip...we'd probably only eat at three or four restaurants the whole trip!
Previous Trips to WDW: Offsite (1980, 1996, 1997, 2008); SSR (2005, 2008, 2010, 2011); BWV (2009, 2010, 2011,2012); WLV (2010); AKL-Jambo (2011); AKL-Kidani (2011); BLT (2012) Upcoming: 2013 BWV (2) and AKL-Jambo

My WISH Journal
figment814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:38 AM   #10
Uncleromulus

DIS Veteran

We do it all the time.
Very often we'll eat 2x at Shulas, Citricos, Blue Zoo, or Flying Fish.
Vacation Club since 1992
Next trips--Old Key West on 4/26/14--will be trip #60 to WDW!! Next a Fantasy Cruise on 11/1 14!!
Uncleromulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:44 AM   #11
minniebeth
I count on y'all to keep me up to date ;)
I'm ok going up, just can't go down...

I have and would if they were different meals (B, L, D)/menus, but otherwise, no~ there are too many restaurants I want to try! I'd go back to many on other trips though, there are some must dos we love.

If there are multiple things I want to try, we try to share if we all like it though. Doesn't always work though, DH loves fish and and I don't care for the kinds he likes.

Do whatever works for you though! It's your trip and if you would enjoy meals at the same restaurants by all means enjoy them!

*Also, to answer your question, you can book multiple reservations for the same restaurants on different days, just as long as there aren't two or more reservations conflicting with similar times on the same day.

minniebeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:16 AM   #12
Senor_Jorge
Earning My Ears

We frequently visit Brown Derby twice over 7-10 day trips. Once for dinner, and lunch on the day we fly home. After a week of TS I'm ready for a Cobb salad at noon before our evening flight home!
Senor_Jorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:14 PM   #13
Crystal824
DIS Veteran

I personally wouldn't because we always go to a few of the same places each trip, but we also like to try new places.
Crystal824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:23 PM   #14
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

We are going back to Crystal Palace and Cape May Cafe twice, but it is breakfast, lunch, & Dinner.

I would love to go to the Garden View Tea with DD twice on our next trip she loves it!

I wouldn't hesitate to return somewhere twice in a trip, even if it was for dinner both times! Gotta Love my Favorites!

POR June 2006 POP May/June 2008 CBR Pirate Room & BC May/June 2009 Vero Beach & CSR & AKV Kidani May/June 2010 BLT Oct 2010 BWV March/April 2011 AKV Kidani Dec 2011 BCV/BLT June 2013
WL CL & AKV - Jambo Studio CL March/April2014

June 2013 Dining Report PTR Spring Break 2014
AlohaAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:07 PM   #15
tony67
I always get odd looks when I put mayo on my fries
Ask for Pepe - "The Master"

Sure - if you like it why not?

I ate at La Hacienda twice this trip because the steak was so good on the La Hacienda platter the first time I got it

Unfortunately as it seems with all thinks Disney it was not consistent and the second time I was quite disappointed

If you rob Peter to pay Paul, you can always depend on the support of Paul.

"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My life is my own.”

Be seeing you.
tony67 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: