Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2012, 08:30 AM   #1
Marsheliz
DIS Veteran

Which month??

We just went in September and really enjoyed that time of year.. I thought I could stay away until September 2014 but that seems forever from now.. Thinking of planning for either next Sept, Oct, Nov or February... Think it woudl be nice to go for Thanksgiving but dont want the crowds. Sept or Feb would be good bc of maybe free dining deal...??

I am willing to not go on any trips between now and then so that we could afford it in a year...

What is YOUR favorite time of year to go??

No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing.. The dreams that you dream... Really do come true....

April 2005- Offsite.. My now DH's first time
December 2005- Offsite ( ENGAGED at MK)
December 2007- Offsite ( Pregnant with Lawson)
February 2011-All Star Sport ( Pregnant with Landen)
September 2012- 1 night @ POFQ
September 2012- 3 nights @ AOA
October 2013- Caribbean Beach Resort
June 2014- Weekend Surprise at Port Orleans Riverside!

October 2013 TR- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3207813
Marsheliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:35 AM   #2
kohlby
DIS Veteran

November, but not t-giving week.

If you go at the right time in Nov, Christmas decorations are all up. And the Osborne lights will start fairly early. We went the week before t-giving last year and there were some decorations in process of being put up during that time. The only thing we didn't get to see due to too early dates was the Epcot santas/storytellers. That starts after t-giving. So, we're going the week after t-giving this time. (Not sure when the candlelight processional starts. My kids are young so we're skipping that).

There was free dining or awesome PIN codes last year at the week before t-giving. And other times as well, though I don't remember what they were since we used the great PIN code for that week. This year, I *think* there's free dining the week after t-giving. We're not using it, so I can't remember if this was one of the week.

We avoid Sept due to heat. Nov will be a little more crowded than Sept/end of Jan but it's still lower side crowds. What I noticed was that there seemed to be quite a more people walking around when compared to the end of Jan, but the lines for rides were still very short. I think free dining took up some people's time too! Oct is still hot to me. We live in the southeast and so know what it's like to be outside for long hours in the heat. But you managed Sept this year, so maybe you can handle it. (Keep in mind that all years aren't the same. Also, tropical storms/hurricanes like Sept). Oct does have food and wine, so that's a plus of that. It ends in Nov - we were there when we went the week before t-giving, but just for the last Sat of it which was at the start of our trip.
kohlby is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-19-2012, 10:48 AM   #3
Marsheliz
DIS Veteran

Okay- thanks for the response.. I would love to go in November bc of the decorations.. I thought I could stay away until 2014 but I dont think its going to happen..

Hopefully some others can put in their input as well

No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing.. The dreams that you dream... Really do come true....

April 2005- Offsite.. My now DH's first time
December 2005- Offsite ( ENGAGED at MK)
December 2007- Offsite ( Pregnant with Lawson)
February 2011-All Star Sport ( Pregnant with Landen)
September 2012- 1 night @ POFQ
September 2012- 3 nights @ AOA
October 2013- Caribbean Beach Resort
June 2014- Weekend Surprise at Port Orleans Riverside!

October 2013 TR- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3207813
Marsheliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:36 PM   #4
lkrupa
Earning My Ears

My favorite time to go is the second week of November, good weather, Christmas decorations, and lower crowds. I also went in December and that was a nice time to go(just not during Pop Warner).
lkrupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:18 PM   #5
MegN529
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsheliz View Post
Okay- thanks for the response.. I would love to go in November bc of the decorations.. I thought I could stay away until 2014 but I dont think its going to happen..

Hopefully some others can put in their input as well
I love going the week right after Thanksgiving! Decorations are up and the crowds are very low- doesn't get any better than that! We definitely needed coats at night. Weather during the day was pleasant.

MegN529 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: