Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2012, 08:31 PM   #16
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by refnat View Post
We are 4 adults and 3 under 3. Technically 7- so will the listed occupancy of 5 exclude us from this room choice (if we booked it and shoewd up will they say "no") or is the occupancy number more of a recomendation?
No, you are a family of six plus one under the age of three. Only one of the babies will not count towards occupancy. Any additional will count.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:35 AM   #17
refnat
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore's Wife View Post
Sorry you could not get the BLT one bedroom.
I couldn't reply to your message (not enough posts) but that's how I was thinking.

AoA was considered but seems far from Magic Kingdom.

I totally agree that the seperate space (and bathroom) are needed to keep some sanity, but it seems I'm being out-voted.

It looks like we will be in a FW cabin (with a car). Not my first choice but at least it will be a learning experience for future trips. Wish us luck
refnat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-16-2012, 07:52 PM   #18
Eeyore's Wife
DIS Veteran

Having a vehicle to travel to Epcot, Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom is great, but for Magic Kingdom it is better to take the boat, but when we were at Fort Wilderness it took us from 20-30 minutes to get from our room to the Magic Kingdom. It can be a LONG walk from your cabin to the launch and the boat is not super speedy. It is almost as fast to just grab a bus from AoA.

Were I in your shoes I would prefer to rent points from a DVC member and get a villa to fit the family, or a family suite or two value rooms with a request for connecting rooms.

The cabins would be my last choice unless I got along a LOT better with my in-laws.
Old 11-17-2012, 12:27 AM   #19
refnat
Earning My Ears

Fort Wilderness is where the in-laws want to be. It is a fun spot to be in (even from the little I remember when I was a kid there). From the searching that I did there are no villas open for the time we plan to be there (even tried a week after and before) so the cabin is it. As for the walking in the fort resort, I am looking at a cart rental from what others have posted as well. I can get along with everyone, my spouse and father-in-law can both be a bit stubborn so hopefully they can play nice.
Old 11-17-2012, 12:45 AM   #20
lifesgr8
Mouseketeer

renting points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Ft Wilderness is very spread out, and from the cabins you'd need a car to get around the resort. Many people rent golf carts.
I'm also not a fan of having to sleep on a pull out in the living room with 3 kids!
So I'd prob pic a 2 bdrm villa. Check out David's Vacation Rentals. Many people have been happy booking from him. The only thing about renting points is that you have to be sure about dates.

Your other option is to book 2 regular rooms. You won't get a kitchen for breakfast, but WL gift shop has many grocery items, so you could buy milk and cereal for breakfast and have it in your room. And pack some instant oatmeal packets, use hot water from coffee machine. I've done this, and just threw in some disposable plastic bowls in my luggage.

About renting points from Davids....Ive been to his website to price things...they seem pretty expensive? am I missing something?
2013 MNSSHP/FAMILY TRIP TO DL
2014 BCV

lifesgr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:36 PM   #21
refnat
Earning My Ears

Renting points is cheaper than the rack rate. That being said- housekeeping services, towels and trash, ect are "add ons" depending on lenght of stay and how often you want those services.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:18 PM   #22
sbtw13
Earning My Ears

we just finished a stay at ft wilderness. We had close to your party- but a little less. We thought we were going to have 2 10 mos old- but we actually only had one, plus an almost 3 year old. We had DH and I and the kids in the bedroom and my SIL in the living room. It all goes to how much personal space you need-- how comfortable you are.

In terms of the 2 pack n plays-- it is going to be tight, but it is arguably doable. We put 1 pack n play at the foot of the bunk bed, but we sometimes moved it to the foot of the double bed and in between the double and bunks- so you can fit two in. That being said- once you do that, you are not going to be able to move- you are going to be crawling over the bed.

A word of warning- confirm and triple confirm the 2 pack n play requests- and then keep on calling when they are not there. I had requested 2 pack n plays- I understood 1 to be 'standard' cabin equipment and they would have a 2nd for us. When we arrived around 4 pm, there was no pack n plays at all. We called the front desk and they said they would bring one right away. We went to dinner. We got back from dinner and there were still no pack n plays-- called again and they said they would bring one. Waited about 30 minutes-- still no pack n plays so I called and pitched a fit--(it was about 8:30 and the kids were beyond exhausted) and then they finally brought one about 15 minutes later.

In terms of the car/ golf cart question. While lots of people do it I would not be comfortable having my kids in the golf cart not in car seats. We also really don't mind walking. We were toward the back of the 2700 hundred loop-- we always just walked all the way to the outpost to catch the park buses-- it took about 10-15 minutes. We did use the internal busses to go elsewhere in the fort and to the boats to the magic kingdom. We found all busses to work well. We did not find the internal buses to be very crowded unless something like the campfire or the hoop de doo had just let out.

We used the deck outside the cabin to give us a little more personal space- Dh and I would sit out there while the kids slept and SIL was in the living room, etc.
sbtw13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: