Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Camping at Disney World
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-14-2012, 08:44 AM   #1
ChrisinNJ
DIS Veteran
 
ChrisinNJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Jersey Shore, Too Far from the Mouse!
Posts: 1,094

Just back From WDW and we bought our first RV!!!

I am so excited. I posted a while back that we were going to purchase a Tiffin Phaeton, but that didn't work out for us.

We have been shopping for a used diesel pusher, but there aren't many to be found here in NJ. We looked online and found LazyDays Rv in Tampa. We took a day out of our vacation to see what they had and we found one we liked.

It is 2008 Fleetwood Excursion. We did not drive it home (the conditions in our neighborhood were bad when we bought it, lots of downed trees and power lines from the storm) we are having it delivered sometime this month.

We visited Ft. Wilderness a few times during our trip. We went to the Marina and rented a speedboat for the kids, and a pontoon boat as well. My DH loved the Ft. and can't wait to go back (which makes me happy as he is getting tired of the parks).

I can't wait to book my first Fort trip!!!

Are there forums like this to get information on other good RV parks as well??
__________________
Christine

DH & Me DD13 DS13 DD10 Holly
ChrisinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:37 AM   #2
laurafergie
DIS Veteran
 
laurafergie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Northeast Oklahoma
Posts: 979

Has reviews all over the US.

http://www.rvparkreviews.com/

A RV lifestyle discussion forum:

http://www.rv.net/
__________________
1978 Off Site
1999 Dixie Landings
2008 Fort Wilderness
2009 All Star Sports
2010 Windsor Hills - Christmas at Disney!!
2015 ???? Always Hopeful!
DH Me DS27 DD23 DD22 DD14 DD10
laurafergie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-14-2012, 12:49 PM   #3
2goofycampers
Sounds like something a camping trip could cure
Enjoy the beer and wine you will love it
 
2goofycampers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 13,343

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisinNJ View Post
Are there forums like this to get information on other good RV parks as well??
Congratulations. You can ask here for other RV parks also.
__________________
Denise

2goofycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:29 PM   #4
articfox676
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 288

Best of luck with your new home on wheels. No better place to break it in than the Fort.
articfox676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:32 PM   #5
vtwinwilly
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: North Texas
Posts: 31

Congratulation on you new Motorhome. You are going to have a blast when you get a chance to take it to the Fort for some fun time.

DW and I purchased our first diesel pusher 5 years ago. An old Holiday Rambler Navigator. It was what we could afford and we love it. The only time we love it more is when it takes us to the Fort!

Funny, after all this time I still get giddy as a kid on Christmas when I fire up that diesel engine headed out on my next adventure.

Enjoy!
vtwinwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:28 PM   #6
Pooh2
DIS Veteran
 
Pooh2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NH
Posts: 1,601

Congrats and Enjoy!
Pooh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:27 AM   #7
ChrisinNJ
DIS Veteran
 
ChrisinNJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Jersey Shore, Too Far from the Mouse!
Posts: 1,094

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtwinwilly View Post

Funny, after all this time I still get giddy as a kid on Christmas when I fire up that diesel engine headed out on my next adventure.

Enjoy!

This made me smile!
__________________
Christine

DH & Me DD13 DS13 DD10 Holly
ChrisinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:25 AM   #8
SeilerBird
Mouseketeer
 
SeilerBird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Full time RVer in the USA
Posts: 93

Congratulations! I have been living full time in an RV for the last 9 years and I love it! One of those years was in my girlfriends 2006 Fleetwood Providence 39 foot DP. It is very similar to yours. Wonderful RV.

Here are two very important suggestions. You should immediately sign up for CoachNet roadside assistance.

http://www.coach-net.com/

I hit a speed bump with the Fleetwood at about 15 miles per hour and dropped the drive shaft onto the ground. Getting towed 20 miles cost us $1000. This was before I had CoachNet. If I would have spent the $109 per year on CN at that point my tow bill would have been zero. They offer a whole lot more services but free towing is the biggie. If you breakdown, wait, not if, but when you break down they are there to help, 24/7/365.

Join The RV Forum at:

http://www.rvforum.net/

This is the largest friendliest group of RVers on the Internet. If you have a problem there are experts there in every phase of RVing to help you out and they have a great library full of articles that are helpful to getting to know your RV.
SeilerBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:46 AM   #9
vtwinwilly
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: North Texas
Posts: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeilerBird View Post
...Here are two very important suggestions. You should immediately sign up for CoachNet roadside assistance.

http://www.coach-net.com/
I second the Coach-Net recomendation!

As I said, I have an old motorhome and Coach-Net has more than paid for itself.

First time the engine waterpump went out. That was about a $600 tow to the shop for repair.

Second time the transmission ECU went out. That was a 32 mile tow to the nearest Allison Transmission repair facility. I have no idea how much it cost. I even asked the tow truck driver. He told me... "the front office handles all the money. I just drive the truck... but it's a big number!" My guess is that was about a $1500 tow.
vtwinwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:16 PM   #10
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran
 
North of Mouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 5,533

We use progressive for our insurance, and towing is included. We've had to be towed only once in 8 years, but well worth it.
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:04 PM   #11
my3princes
Looking for a milestone to claim
I'm beginning to think I'm the invisible DISer (but Disney sure noticed you!)
 
my3princes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Vermont
Posts: 16,337

We have AAA plus RV. It coves towing for the RV and motorcycles
__________________
Deb
my3princes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:21 AM   #12
ChrisinNJ
DIS Veteran
 
ChrisinNJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Jersey Shore, Too Far from the Mouse!
Posts: 1,094

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeilerBird View Post

Here are two very important suggestions. You should immediately sign up for CoachNet roadside assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtwinwilly View Post
I second the Coach-Net recomendation!

As I said, I have an old motorhome and Coach-Net has more than paid for itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by North of Mouse View Post
We use progressive for our insurance, and towing is included. We've had to be towed only once in 8 years, but well worth it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by my3princes View Post
We have AAA plus RV. It coves towing for the RV and motorcycles
Thanks for all the roadside assistance recommendations. I was wondering about this. My Husband has his motorcycle insured through Progresive, and so far they are the lowest cost on the RV insurance as well. I did not realize they offered roadside assistance as well. Is it an add on to the policy or is it standard. I will have to ask my hubby if it was included in the quote.

We currently have AAA for our cars. I was going to find out how much more it would be to add plus RV, but if we get it through Progressive, then I probably don't need to pay extra for it elsewhere.
__________________
Christine

DH & Me DD13 DS13 DD10 Holly
ChrisinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:03 AM   #13
SeilerBird
Mouseketeer
 
SeilerBird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Full time RVer in the USA
Posts: 93

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisinNJ View Post
Thanks for all the roadside assistance recommendations. I was wondering about this. My Husband has his motorcycle insured through Progresive, and so far they are the lowest cost on the RV insurance as well. I did not realize they offered roadside assistance as well. Is it an add on to the policy or is it standard. I will have to ask my hubby if it was included in the quote.

We currently have AAA for our cars. I was going to find out how much more it would be to add plus RV, but if we get it through Progressive, then I probably don't need to pay extra for it elsewhere.
CoachNet is a much better way to go that either AAA or Progressive for roadside assistance. CoachNet is a roadside assistance program designed especially for RVers. The difference is that CoachNet has RV technicians standing by 24/7/365 to answer technical questions about your RV should you have a problem. For example, one time I parked my RV and the slides would not go out. I called CoachNet and the first question the tech asked me was "Did I have the parking brake on?". The answer was no and when I engaged the parking brake the slides came out. There are also a number of other services that CoachNet includes. And CoachNet gets really high praise from it's members due to their superior service.
SeilerBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:41 AM   #14
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran
 
North of Mouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 5,533

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeilerBird View Post
CoachNet is a much better way to go that either AAA or Progressive for roadside assistance. CoachNet is a roadside assistance program designed especially for RVers. The difference is that CoachNet has RV technicians standing by 24/7/365 to answer technical questions about your RV should you have a problem. For example, one time I parked my RV and the slides would not go out. I called CoachNet and the first question the tech asked me was "Did I have the parking brake on?". The answer was no and when I engaged the parking brake the slides came out. There are also a number of other services that CoachNet includes. And CoachNet gets really high praise from it's members due to their superior service.
Are you speaking from experience having had Progressive before and used their assistance? If not, how do you know any other ins. listed is not just as good and definitely not inferior?

Our cost is reasonable and we *have* needed assistance and been promptly helped. I will not put down any other choices mentioned as we have not personally experienced them.
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:55 AM   #15
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran
 
North of Mouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 5,533

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisinNJ View Post
Thanks for all the roadside assistance recommendations. I was wondering about this. My Husband has his motorcycle insured through Progresive, and so far they are the lowest cost on the RV insurance as well. I did not realize they offered roadside assistance as well. Is it an add on to the policy or is it standard. I will have to ask my hubby if it was included in the quote.

We currently have AAA for our cars. I was going to find out how much more it would be to add plus RV, but if we get it through Progressive, then I probably don't need to pay extra for it elsewhere.
Just asked my dh about the ins. as I can be petty clueless The towing with Progressive is included in our policy. Also, if not used (ins. - not just towing) in three years there is no deductible for the next incident. We had major hail damage 2 years ago on our less than a year old MH, and they came through like a champ - very prompt, no haggling on repair at all. We have been with them 10 years and love their CS. The premiums are very reasonable to us also.

Might add that towing a diesel is more complicated than a gas MH. They have to completely disengage a major system before towing (oops, forgot what it was - told you I am clueless ) dh isn't here to ask.
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.