Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2012, 08:15 PM   #1
KristaTX
♥DIS Veteran♥
I never knew that Fruit of the Looms were souvenirs from my state

DIS tattletales

Isn't it odd how some adults seem so ready to be tattletales on here? I don't mean about spammers, or posters being mean to other posters. I'm talking about things where there is some slim potential for a thread to cross over the prohibited topic line, but where no sign of that has even appeared at all. Usually it's about something that could be considered religious or political, but that is really a benign original post that hasn't even showed signs of being an argument/debate.

It just reminds me of that kid in school who would say, "You said the word 'fart'. You better stop, or I'm gonna tell the teacher."

It's obnoxious.

I'm surprised my Mary and Joseph snow globe thread wasn't deemed a religious discussion by someone.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:18 PM   #2
phorsenuf
Not so New Rule author on the DISSome discuss it calmly and some ...
Grandma Oboe

Location: Concord NH and now Davenport FL. Home to meth addicts and dislocated cowboys I'm told.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristaTX View Post
Isn't it odd how some adults seem so ready to be tattletales on here? I don't mean about spammers, or posters being mean to other posters. I'm talking about things where there is some slim potential for a thread to cross over the prohibited topic line, but where no sign of that has even appeared at all. Usually it's about something that could be considered religious or political, but that is really a benign original post that hasn't even showed signs of being an argument/debate.

It just reminds me of that kid in school who would say, "You said the word 'fart'. You better stop, or I'm gonna tell the teacher."

It's obnoxious.

I'm surprised my Mary and Joseph snow globe thread wasn't deemed a religious discussion by someone.

I know what you mean. It always amazes me when I read 'your post was reported'. Really? Grow up already.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-14-2012, 08:23 PM   #3
Glennie5
DIS Veteran

Do people really tell on each other on here. If I found a thread I didn't like I just wouldn't read it, I wouldn't even know how to go about telling on someone. By the way I loved your snow globes - they made me laugh!
2015 Jan.(Port Orleans Riverside), 2013 May(Port Orleans Riverside),2011 Dec.(All Star Movies), 2011 Aug.(Port Orleans Riverside), 2011 May(Port Orleans Riverside), 2010 May(Port Orleans Riverside), 2009 Feb.(All Star Sports)&(Port Orleans Riverside), 2008 Sept.(Port Orleans Riverside)&(Caribbean Beach), 2008 Jan.(Port Orleans Riverside), 2007 May(Port Orleans Riverside) 2007 March(Port Orleans Riverside), 2006 Oct.(Off Site) 2006 March(Fort Wilderness Cabins), 2005 May(Off Site), 2003 Feb.(Off Site),
Glennie5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:26 PM   #4
njmom47
He's such a fiend!
The monkeys would go crazy on the cars
I wound up with orange tiger stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennie5 View Post
Do people really tell on each other on here. If I found a thread I didn't like I just wouldn't read it, I wouldn't even know how to go about telling on someone. By the way I loved your snow globes - they made me laugh!
I feel like such a DUH because when I saw those globes, at first I thought there were spaceman Mary and Joseph!!

Junior Brody Stella Luna Louie Ella the Bunny
Christmas 07/New Years 08-CBR (baseball), 2006-POR (cheering), 2001-Dixie Landings, 1988, 1975-Offsite
Trip was great...no new ticker for awhile!
njmom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:29 PM   #5
SaraJayne
Stop moving those smilies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phorsenuf View Post
I know what you mean. It always amazes me when I read 'your post was reported'. Really? Grow up already.

SaraJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:34 PM   #6
low-key
DIS Veteran

It thru me for a loop when I joined the Dis, the golden rule in my neighborhood has always been snitches get stitches
Old 11-14-2012, 08:36 PM   #7
goofinoff
These pretzels are making me thirsty!
I feel like we are in the middle of A Very Brady Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by low-key
It thru me for a loop when I joined the Dis, the golden rule in my neighborhood has always been snitches get stitches
Hahahaha!!!! Good one!!
Old 11-14-2012, 08:41 PM   #8
focusondisney

I'll need some Boo Boo fun
Oh come on! You didn't even give anyone a chance to follow the rule!

I need to stalk you guys & find the threads you've been on. Sounds like I'm missing some good ones!
Old 11-14-2012, 08:47 PM   #9
scrapquitler
DIS Veteran

I always figure that if I don't like the subject matter of the thread, or if I don't like the turn that the thread has taken, I am free to skip over it. I can't imagine reporting something that wasn't a specific personal attack, and even then, I'd probably just ignore.

But is it possible that the 'it has been reported' is just a standard line that the moderators use? It could be that the moderators decided to pull the thread on their own, without any tattling happening. I'm not saying this is what happened, but it might be...I really haven't been able to figure out exactly how the moderating thing works around here, sometimes things get points that don't seem like they should, but I won't discuss that, because I know it's a forbidden topic.
scrapquitler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:51 PM   #10
Glennie5
DIS Veteran

I probably should go back and read the fine print... I didn't know you could get points too, does that happen when someone tells on you?
2015 Jan.(Port Orleans Riverside), 2013 May(Port Orleans Riverside),2011 Dec.(All Star Movies), 2011 Aug.(Port Orleans Riverside), 2011 May(Port Orleans Riverside), 2010 May(Port Orleans Riverside), 2009 Feb.(All Star Sports)&(Port Orleans Riverside), 2008 Sept.(Port Orleans Riverside)&(Caribbean Beach), 2008 Jan.(Port Orleans Riverside), 2007 May(Port Orleans Riverside) 2007 March(Port Orleans Riverside), 2006 Oct.(Off Site) 2006 March(Fort Wilderness Cabins), 2005 May(Off Site), 2003 Feb.(Off Site),
Glennie5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:22 PM   #11
Boston Tea Party
Truth is truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by low-key View Post
You know, I really like that. I am going to use that with my kinder class tomorrow.
You never ever left my side ~ Make it like it was before
Even if it takes a life time, takes a life time ~

~Next Dole Whip… 7/13-7/18 USC Trojan Style! ~
Boston Tea Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:24 PM   #12
tinkerbellandeeyor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Tea Party View Post
You know, I really like that. I am going to use that with my kinder class tomorrow.
I never knew u were a teacher.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:26 PM   #13
disykat
DIS Veteran

I'm always surprised too, since I've been on the DIS for a million years and can't think of any times I've felt the need to report something. I think I might have reported someone once, but can't remember what it would have been so maybe not.

I was reported once, and I admit, everytime I read a post by the person that reported me - no matter what it is - I'm tempted to push that button!
Old 11-14-2012, 09:31 PM   #14
Pea-n-Me
Survivor
Call me crazy but I prefer the single bath
Nothing beats the Magic of a Disney Resort!
Will DIS from the Potty
Alice, how's it hanging?

Funny you should bring that up tonight.

Post your best iPhone/smartphone pictures here!

All Star Music 2001/Polynesian Lagoon View Concierge 2002/Contemporary 2003/Disney Wonder 2003/Yacht Club and Disney Wonder 2004/Pop Century 2005/Dolphin and Pop Century MNSSHP 2005/Disney Magic and Pop Century 2006/Coronado Springs MNSSHP 2006/Dolphin and Disney Wonder 2007/Port Orleans Riverside 2008/Caribbean Beach 2009/Dolphin and Animal Kingdom Lodge Concierge 2011/Grand Floridian and Dolphin, MNSSHP 2013
Pea-n-Me is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:35 PM   #15
Tinker'n'Fun
"apple", peaches, "pumpkin pie", who's not ready holler "I"...
i'm just trying to be optimistic!
I am SO CLUELESS and I hate it!!

Do you really get a notification if someone reported your post. What if the person who reported it was wrong? Do you still get a "Hello you have been reported" message!
Tinker'n'Fun is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: