Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2012, 08:57 AM   #106
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post

Claudia WAS feeling better, but now she has a cold. It's not so bad, it's mostly just a little cough and a runny nose. It does affect her breathing at night though and she wakes up more often. I got the cold too, and now it's Ron's turn. he seems to be taking it the worse. Men!

We are going to eat very well. We hope that we'll have more appetite than in August since it won't be so fricking hot out.

It's always something, isn't it??? We leave in 5 days and DS11 has strep throat. Yes, I am freaking out a bit!!

I am thinking the same thing -- that we are going to eat a lot more on this trip than the last few, since it won't be so dang hot!!
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:22 PM   #107
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Instead of quoting you for all of the replies you did to my posts, I'll just respond in a post.

So glad your cat likes the brushing and the matts are disappearing!

I'll second that the chicken over spaetzel at Coral Reef is incredible!! I'll go more into it in my TR, once I start it, but they do still have the Chocolate Wave as of Friday.

So sorry everyone has been sick. Hope that's all the colds you get this season!

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

PhoenixStrength is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-06-2012, 01:28 PM   #108
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
The chocolate lava cake is still on the menu at the Coral Reef. The kid's dessert was a chocolate brownie topped with icecream topped with a drizzle of chocolate syrup and a white chocolate Nemo triangle. I have pictures if you are interested.

We had a great time with my in-laws. It was a very nice Thanksgiving.

Yes, you asked where to start on my TR since there are so many links. I know I have been very bad at updating the index. I'd suggest starting with these more recent posts.

Enchanted Tales with Belle

Be Our Guest Dress Rehearsal

Gaston's Tavern

Be Our Guest Lunch Part 1 Restaurant pictures

Be Our Guest Lunch Part 2 Food pictures
Phew, the lava-cake is still there. Pictures of food? More specifically a dessert? Involving chocolate? Of course I'm interested!

Thanks for the links. I only had time to read the Enchanted with Belle part so far. I've been so busy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post

It's always something, isn't it??? We leave in 5 days and DS11 has strep throat. Yes, I am freaking out a bit!!

I am thinking the same thing -- that we are going to eat a lot more on this trip than the last few, since it won't be so dang hot!!
I read that on your PTR. Oh man! I would freak out too. Hope he feels better soon!!!

Let me know if our theory of eating more than in summer holds up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
Instead of quoting you for all of the replies you did to my posts, I'll just respond in a post.

So glad your cat likes the brushing and the matts are disappearing!

I'll second that the chicken over spaetzel at Coral Reef is incredible!! I'll go more into it in my TR, once I start it, but they do still have the Chocolate Wave as of Friday.

So sorry everyone has been sick. Hope that's all the colds you get this season!
I was able to cut out the biggest mat with scissors as it was now far away enough from the skin. That freed up space to work on the one underneath it. Only one little mat left!

I'm glad you say the chicken is great, since that's what I'll probably be eating! Can't wait to read your TR.

I hope so too. Or at the very least, no sickness in Disney! That's all I ask for.

ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:35 PM   #109
PhoenixStrength

Quote:

I was able to cut out the biggest mat with scissors as it was now far away enough from the skin. That freed up space to work on the one underneath it. Only one little mat left!

I'm glad you say the chicken is great, since that's what I'll probably be eating! Can't wait to read your TR.

I hope so too. Or at the very least, no sickness in Disney! That's all I ask for.

Yay for only one mat left!

It is definitely devine, I'm sure you'll like it! The speatzel was great too, with lots of yummy veggies mixed in (can't remember them all, but I know peppers and asparagus were 2 of them).

Old 12-06-2012, 02:13 PM   #110
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yay for only one mat left!

It is definitely devine, I'm sure you'll like it! The speatzel was great too, with lots of yummy veggies mixed in (can't remember them all, but I know peppers and asparagus were 2 of them).
I had to Google Speatzel. Looks like some sort of pasta, so I'll try to not be so picky and actually try it out. At least I do like peppers.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:40 PM   #111
PhoenixStrength

Quote:

I had to Google Speatzel. Looks like some sort of pasta, so I'll try to not be so picky and actually try it out. At least I do like peppers.
It is similar to pasta, or dough even. It was actually quite good, as it's in chicken broth so it has a chicken flavor and the vegetables.

Old 12-06-2012, 04:09 PM   #112
Jasperann
DIS Veteran

I am a little late to your PTR but your title caught my eye. My mom passed away a month ago today, and we are also going to Disney in May in memory of her. It will be bittersweet. It is nice to see that someone else is/has done the same.

I haven't read everything. I have to go to karate soon, so I will do it when I get home. I just didn't want to forget about reading along.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:38 AM   #113
DisneyLifer87
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thank you! You truly have to be ready for kids before taking the plunge as they are a lot of work, but I'm loving (almost) every minute of it.

I teach French as a second language. My students have about 30% French, so I only teach three groups, which is great. Two groups would be even better though, but I'll have to switch school for that to happen. I'm in an elementary school, teaching grade 1 and grade 5. What about you?
Currently I'm working on a licensure for English grades 5-12. I start student teaching in February at the high school level so... we'll see. I hope they'll be a bit more calm with some age in them

Jan 2009: Pop Engagement Celebration
May 2010: CBR Wedding Trip
September 2011: A POPtastic Anniversary Pre-Trip Report Trip Report
January 2013: A Winter Getaway PreTrip Report Trip Report
He says no, but I'll find a way to go! ~ A December PTR in the making
DisneyLifer87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:44 PM   #114
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

Hi Mel! I remember you from the wedding boards and I read your honeymoon TR. I wanted to pop in and say hello, but it has been difficult for me (see signature). So I will try and come by and comment when I can. Congratulations on your beautiful daughter and your trip sounds amazing!

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:30 PM   #115
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It is similar to pasta, or dough even. It was actually quite good, as it's in chicken broth so it has a chicken flavor and the vegetables.
I like pasta and dough, so I'll try it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasperann View Post
I am a little late to your PTR but your title caught my eye. My mom passed away a month ago today, and we are also going to Disney in May in memory of her. It will be bittersweet. It is nice to see that someone else is/has done the same.

I haven't read everything. I have to go to karate soon, so I will do it when I get home. I just didn't want to forget about reading along.

I'm sorry about your mom. I quickly looked at your PTR and I think your mom would approve of the trip. I'll try to read it more later. I know for me I'm sure there will be some hard moments during the trip, especially before falling asleep at night, but I'm trying my best to look at it in a positive light and just enjoy it for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyLifer87 View Post
Currently I'm working on a licensure for English grades 5-12. I start student teaching in February at the high school level so... we'll see. I hope they'll be a bit more calm with some age in them
I would not be able to teach high school. They scare me. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
Hi Mel! I remember you from the wedding boards and I read your honeymoon TR. I wanted to pop in and say hello, but it has been difficult for me (see signature). So I will try and come by and comment when I can. Congratulations on your beautiful daughter and your trip sounds amazing!
I hope you enjoyed reading about my honeymoon. I took a look at the link in your signature, I'm sorry about your loss. I'll try to go and read more when life is not so crazy busy for me.

Thanks. I'm really trying to go into this trip with the "trip of a lifetime" mindset.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:53 PM   #116
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone! I'm sorry for not updating more often. I really thought I'd have more time, but between Christmas shopping, Christmas dinner with work, Peanut taking super short naps and waking up more at night, and me freaking out over the fact that I'll have to feed her actual food soon , it's been crazy! Can you forgive me? Because of all that, and a few more things, this week was really rough emotionally. I miss my mom so much and not being able to call her to help me with stuff like making purees and just being there, so yesterday I took a break. I spent the entire day and evening with a friend. We went shopping, chatted a lot, had a nice dinner, and ended the day at the spa. It was wonderful! So now that I'm feeling better, here's a little update.

RANDOM STUFF

I got two very exciting things in the mail. First, this:

It's always nice to start the trip with a ride on Magical Express!

Second, I received this:

We had Photopass for our Disneymoon and loved it. We weren't sure about getting Photopass + because we won't be doing any character meals (Otaku is too old and doesn't care, and Peanut is too young), but the price difference between the regular one and + one was really not that big, so we splurged. Now we can get ALL our ride photos! If you've followed my honeymoon TR, you know how much we love to take silly ride photos. Here's one of us pretending to be terrified on Test Track 9speaking of which, I know not everyone agrees, but I for one am thrilled about the way the new TT looks now and I can't wait to try it!).

I also took Jenn's (Inkedupmomma) advice and got myself some shadowboxes to keep mementos from our trip. I had a coupon for 30% off my entire purchase at Micheal's so I used it for that. I also got plenty of Disney stickers. I plan on doing a photobook for this trip as well, but I hate the photopass website so I'll make it with Shutterfly. they don't have any Disney backgrounds or embellishments though, so I'll just add my own stickers afterwards. I was SO lucky at Micheals because the cashier made some kind of mistake. When scanning my 30% off coupon she also scanned a 50% off coupon that was above it (but that I could only use another day). When she tried to scan it again to cancel it, she ended up just adding it a second time to my sale. So somehow I ended up with several of the stickers 50% off. Between the two coupons my entire purchase ended up being almost half price!!! Awesome pixie dust right there!

That's it for my randomness. Hope you all had a good weekend!
Old 12-09-2012, 10:03 PM   #117
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

BABY FOOD

Moms, I need your help! As I briefly mentioned above, I'm freaking out about having to feed real food to my baby. There are two issues, only one is Disney related.

The first one isn't, so I'll only talk about it briefly. I'm super PICKY about food and really don't eat much healthy stuff. I don't want Claudia to end up with the same restrictive diet as me, but I have no idea how to be a good role model for her. I do want to try though, and my friend is supposed to help me make my own purees this week. I even promised my nutritionist that I would make an effort to also eat the purees so that I can get used to the taste of fruits and vegetables. I don't really need your help here, this was more just rambling.

The second problem is where I need your help. Since we'll be only be introducing fruits and veggies next week, I have NO IDEA what she'll be eating by the time we are on the trip, and I have even less idea how much of everything she'll be eating. I want to order the baby food from Garden Grocers, but I don't know which kinds and how many of each. How do I go about preparing her food while in the parks? How can I pack it and conserve it so as not to waste entire jars full of food for just one spoonful? When will she be eating, how much, what? The bottles and formula I'm good with, but the pureed fruits and veggies are making me panic. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

Forgot to add (thanks Tiggerrn2 for reminding me), I've already started cereals (rice and oat) for a couple of weeks. All I've figured out so far is that we'll be feeding her cereals (and formula, of course) in the room before we leave each morning.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by ronnmel; 12-09-2012 at 10:51 PM.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:40 PM   #118
Tiggerrn2
DIS Veteran

OK, Mel. From what I remember (as I've said before, it's been awhile ) you start with cereals, not fruits or veggies. But if you've been doing that already, then you begin with veggies-my pediatrician said always start with the veggies because they are not as sweet, so once you begin fruits, it's not as easy to return to veggies. And the biggest thing I remember was to only do 1 food at a time for several days (to be sure Claudia isn't allergic to something). If you are doing more than 1, it's too hard to tell what it was that bothered her. And I think I started with the green veggies because the orange ones also tended to be sweeter (think carrots and sweet potatoes).

Hope that helps some.
August 1981 offsite-Kissimmee WDW-Magic Kingdom August 1984 offsite-Celebration WDW-MK and Epcot, Sea World, Kennedy Space Center April 1987 offsite WDW-MK 15 year celebration January 1990 offsite WDW-MGM June 1996 CBR WDW-MK, Epcot and MGM / Universal Studios October 2004 AKL WDW-MK, Epcot, MGM and AK with MNSSHP July 2005 Happiest Celebration on Earth - Disneyland and DCA / San Diego -Sea World and Wild Animal Park October 2006 WL and MNSSHP. July 2007 Disneyland and DCA / San Francisco June 2008 DL and DCA Grand Californian wedding August 2008 Beach Club All Parks April 2009 DL and DCA DD 11th BirthdayOctober2009 POR Food/Wine and MNSSHP Moms Only December 2010-First Holiday Trip July 2011 Disneyland Hotel DL and DCA June 2012 CSR and Poly Sept/Oct 2012 CBR Mom's only with MNSSHP July and Aug 2013 POP to Beach Club with the boys then Girls Only at A of A to AKL
Check out My Beach Club Trip Report - loads of pixhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....ferrerid=98667
TR from 2012 "How Could You?" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009569.
New TR in progress-The "How Could You" Rides Again - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3172306
Tiggerrn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:55 PM   #119
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggerrn2 View Post
OK, Mel. From what I remember (as I've said before, it's been awhile ) you start with cereals, not fruits or veggies. But if you've been doing that already, then you begin with veggies-my pediatrician said always start with the veggies because they are not as sweet, so once you begin fruits, it's not as easy to return to veggies. And the biggest thing I remember was to only do 1 food at a time for several days (to be sure Claudia isn't allergic to something). If you are doing more than 1, it's too hard to tell what it was that bothered her. And I think I started with the green veggies because the orange ones also tended to be sweeter (think carrots and sweet potatoes).

Hope that helps some.

I just added the part about cereals to my post above. Thanks for reminding me. I did start cereals a couple of weeks ago because her doctor wanted her to have more calories (it did not lower her milk intake). I had read about the allergies, I think it's one new food every 3 days. I just checked the calendar and if we follow this she might be eating 6 different things by the time we leave. We won't be introducing anything new over there. The baby care book the government gives us says to start with sweet potatoes and carrots, but what you said about not introducing sweets too early makes sense. Which green vegetables would you suggest?
Old 12-09-2012, 11:06 PM   #120
Tiggerrn2
DIS Veteran

If I remember right, I think I started with green beans, then peas. From there I think I went orange.
August 1981 offsite-Kissimmee WDW-Magic Kingdom August 1984 offsite-Celebration WDW-MK and Epcot, Sea World, Kennedy Space Center April 1987 offsite WDW-MK 15 year celebration January 1990 offsite WDW-MGM June 1996 CBR WDW-MK, Epcot and MGM / Universal Studios October 2004 AKL WDW-MK, Epcot, MGM and AK with MNSSHP July 2005 Happiest Celebration on Earth - Disneyland and DCA / San Diego -Sea World and Wild Animal Park October 2006 WL and MNSSHP. July 2007 Disneyland and DCA / San Francisco June 2008 DL and DCA Grand Californian wedding August 2008 Beach Club All Parks April 2009 DL and DCA DD 11th BirthdayOctober2009 POR Food/Wine and MNSSHP Moms Only December 2010-First Holiday Trip July 2011 Disneyland Hotel DL and DCA June 2012 CSR and Poly Sept/Oct 2012 CBR Mom's only with MNSSHP July and Aug 2013 POP to Beach Club with the boys then Girls Only at A of A to AKL
Check out My Beach Club Trip Report - loads of pixhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....ferrerid=98667
TR from 2012 "How Could You?" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009569.
New TR in progress-The "How Could You" Rides Again - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3172306
Tiggerrn2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: