Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-23-2012, 07:46 AM   #76
ronnmel
DIS Veteran
 
ronnmel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: QC, Canada
Posts: 3,717

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
We thought about shaving her entire body - the lion's cut, I think it's called. But the vet just shaved that one spot and you can't even see a bald patch. Good luck!

And Happy Thanksgiving!
I wouldn't shave her entire body, no way! She would look too weird. Plus, just before winter is certainly not the best time to do that. Hopefully just shaving one spot it wouldn't be too apparent.

Canadian Thanksgiving was 6 weeks ago, but thanks. Happy Thanksgiving to you too!


Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
A slicker brush works best. But really just brushing every day is fine, as long as you get all the way down the fur, and not just the top layer. If it's not too close to the skin then yes, regular scissors are fine, just be sure Ron (or someone!) is holding her tight so she just get hurt on accident while you have the scissors that close to her body.

Yes, it's either powdered corn starch or talcum powder that I've heard. Never heard Baking Soda or Baking Powder, though it's possible they would work. When I worked at a kennel with a grooming department we had the cornstarch on hand to work on mats with. It can help loosen them to make them easier to brush out.

Good luck!!!
I had to Google slicker brush because I had no idea what it was. I found a website that explains it, so I should be fine shopping for one. I was able to cut two of her mats, but the rest are very close together so I'll try the other tricks. It probably was corn starch, Nikki wasn't sure which powder it was. I'll have to check if I have some. I never bake anything, I wouldn't know.



Thanks Nikki and Steph for your help!
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:48 AM   #77
Nermel9
DIS Veteran
 
Nermel9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,632

My cat has long hair and he always gets matted near his tail, and we have to get it shaved. He just will not let us brush him back there! And for some reason, he's really lazy about grooming himself, you know how most cats are constantly grooming? Well not him! I usually just tell the groomer to shave the mats out, which sometimes looks a little weird, but the fluff grows back pretty quickly! You can also do the lion cut, which I think is adorable! We did that once with Winston (my cat) and he looked so cute! Unfortunately, once the fur gets to the point of mats, it's usually too close to the skin to cut out with scissors, so you will probably have to get it shaved!
__________________

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!


Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-23-2012, 02:17 PM   #78
AvasMommy526
Mouseketeer
 
AvasMommy526's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Upstate, NY
Posts: 285

Aww poor kitty! I've never had cats but one my friends had a cat whose poor fur would get matted and they would have to do that lion cut and omg honestly the cat looked adorable lolol! Hopefully you won't have to do that though, I know most cats aren't crazy about baths and hair cuts. Good luck!

I love the dining choices from previous trips! I just booked all my ADRS for our trip! I am going to guess you will go back to Kona and Narcossees! I made a breakfast add at Kona and I can't wait lol!
__________________
Me- Nicole + DH DD (2) Lucy




AvasMommy526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:21 PM   #79
ronnmel
DIS Veteran
 
ronnmel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: QC, Canada
Posts: 3,717

FOOD - Table-service: Our ADRs


I wanted to go dig around the internet, and find nice little pictures of food for this update, but Iím too lazy. So instead of making you wait forever for an update full of pictures, you getting an (almost) picture-less update now.

My wonderful TA (Hi Hope!) booked me my ADRs today. She was suppose to book 5, but I had her add a 6th because of an update I read in a TR recently (from someone Iím not going to name *cough*Shannon*cough*).

Letís start with the two repeats, and the only two pictures youíre going to see from me tonight. The first repeat was guessed by Avasmommy :


KONA CAFE

Ron really enjoyed his meal there and wants to go back. He is torn between eating the Teriyaki steak again (pictured here) or something else.



Iím obviously going solely for the BREAD!!! And dessert, probably the white-chocolate cheesecake. I want to be sure to have room for both of these, so Iím thinking of either nibbling at Ronís steak, or taking one of the kids meal as my entree. We will be having dinner here.


The second repeat is my choice.

VIA NAPOLI

I have two reasons. First, the pizza was melt in your mouth good and Iíve been craving it ever since. The second reason is the dessert (if youíre sensing a theme here, you may be right). Last time I ate the whole pizza to myself and was too full for dessert (saddest thing ever). This time Iím hoping Otaku will agree to share this bad boy with me:



That way, Iíll have no choice but to eat only half of the pizza (I may not be able to stop myself otherwise...), which will leave plenty of room for the beauty that is called Zeppole di Ricotta. I have read about this little piece of heaven on at least two different TRs lately (Queila and canít remember who else) and I. Want. It. Now. We will be having a late lunch here.



Now for the new places. The first one was a request by Otaku. We asked her if there was any restaurant she knew she wanted to try and she said : ďThe place where you can see the fishĒ.



CORAL REEF

I donít know much about the menu here, and weíre not going there for that anyway. The main attraction will obviously be the fish. Iím glad Otaku requested that because Peanut has been fascinated by the fish in the aquarium at the doctorís office every time we have gone. We have booked an early lunch here, so Claudia should be awake to enjoy the view.



KOUZZINA

This was my choice, and I chose a late breakfast here. I got the idea from Jenn (Inkedupmomma). Iím really looking forward to trying the waffles with whipped mascarpone cheese. (If youíre sensing yet another theme in the kind of food I like, cheese, you would be correct. Pat yourself on the back) I probably would not have gone out of my way to try this place, but since weíll be staying in the Epcot resort area, itís perfect for a break day.



CAPE MAY CAFE

Ron chose to have dinner here. He loves seafood, so the idea to have it all-you-can-eat sounds like heaven to him. He wants to try the fried clam strips, so hopefully I booked the correct day for it (Monday). Just to be sure, weíll look at their menu after we check-in at Beach Club and try to change our ADR if necessary. Iím just going to be eating the more ďnormalĒ food (using the word normal here only to describe the non-seafood stuff). And the desserts, obviously.


So, both Ron and I have chosen a repeat ADR and all three of us who can speak have chosen a new place to try. We should be set, right? Wrong! What is this last-minute addition, you ask? (oh wait, you didnít ask? Iím telling you anyway)



CALIFORNIA GRILL

You see, Iím not a big meat eater, but I do have two favorites that I absolutely love. Those favorites are filet mignon and teriyaki chicken. When I read someoneís (Shan) review of this, I just had to try it. So thank you, nameless person (Shan) for costing me a bundle of money. Ron and Otaku both love their meat AND their sushi, so I KNOW this will be an expensive meal. That makes me a bit nervous, but I calm myself by remembering that in a way, my mom is the one ďpayingĒ for the trip. In so many ways this will be a ďonce in a lifetimeĒ trip (going deluxe, going for New Yearís Eve, it may be Otakuís last trip with us for many years), so I figured what the heck, letís go all out. Bonus, we scored the first ADR of the evening so weíll be just in time to watch the gorgeous view and early sunset, and have plenty of time to go back to MK after to watch the new castle projection show up close.




So there you have it, our ADRs. We will be doing one more table-service, but they donít take ADRs there. If you guessed Beaches & Cream, bingo! Staying at Beach Club, there is no way I can pass the opportunity of trying their ice cream. More specifically, I really want to try the No Way Jose and a milkshake. We will be stopping here more than once! At home Iíve been trying to avoid sugar after dinner because it makes it harder for me to sleep, but at Disney, to hell with that! If I want a chocolate sunday just before bedtime, I will. Letís just hope the weather is comfortable enough for ice cream. Who am I kidding? I eat ice cream in winter here!


As you can see, this update was mostly from my point of view. I encourage Ron (I know youíre reading this my love) to come and post his possible choices of appetizers and entrees. After all, he has been spending several hours (I may be exaggerating a tiny bit here) scouring the menus and photos of food porn and trying to decide exactly what heíll be in the mood to eat 6 weeks from now. (Eeeeek, 6 weeks!)



ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:29 PM   #80
ronnmel
DIS Veteran
 
ronnmel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: QC, Canada
Posts: 3,717

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
My cat has long hair and he always gets matted near his tail, and we have to get it shaved. He just will not let us brush him back there! And for some reason, he's really lazy about grooming himself, you know how most cats are constantly grooming? Well not him! I usually just tell the groomer to shave the mats out, which sometimes looks a little weird, but the fluff grows back pretty quickly! You can also do the lion cut, which I think is adorable! We did that once with Winston (my cat) and he looked so cute! Unfortunately, once the fur gets to the point of mats, it's usually too close to the skin to cut out with scissors, so you will probably have to get it shaved!
I think my cat got lazy about grooming as well. That, and she got fat. She used to be my "small" cat, but she is now as big as the other one.

I was able to cut out the two smallest mats myself. She used to have only two, I got one out by just brushing, and suddenly she had lots close to the tail. I don't want to do the lion's cut because 1. it would make me nervous to see her being shaved that much, and 2. winter is coming soon. Little spots though, I can deal. I don't even know where to find a groomer! I'm going to ask the pet store I think. Yuna (the cat) is NOT going to like the car ride...


Quote:
Originally Posted by AvasMommy526 View Post
Aww poor kitty! I've never had cats but one my friends had a cat whose poor fur would get matted and they would have to do that lion cut and omg honestly the cat looked adorable lolol! Hopefully you won't have to do that though, I know most cats aren't crazy about baths and hair cuts. Good luck!

I love the dining choices from previous trips! I just booked all my ADRS for our trip! I am going to guess you will go back to Kona and Narcossees! I made a breakfast add at Kona and I can't wait lol!
My cats love water (weird, I know), but I doubt they'd like a full bath. As for shaving, I'm the one that gets nervous.

You guessed Kona right! Ron would have liked to have breakfast there so he could try a Tonga toast, but I would only have booked it had we stayed at the Poly. I chose Kouzzina instead. One breakfast ADR is enough. I do not want to waste precious park time.
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:07 AM   #81
lovethattink
DIS Veteran
 
lovethattink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 12,569

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
FOOD - Table-service: Our ADRs


I wanted to go dig around the internet, and find nice little pictures of food for this update, but Iím too lazy. So instead of making you wait forever for an update full of pictures, you getting an (almost) picture-less update now.

My wonderful TA (Hi Hope!) booked me my ADRs today. She was suppose to book 5, but I had her add a 6th because of an update I read in a TR recently (from someone Iím not going to name *cough*Shannon*cough*).

Letís start with the two repeats, and the only two pictures youíre going to see from me tonight. The first repeat was guessed by Avasmommy :


KONA CAFE


Ron really enjoyed his meal there and wants to go back. He is torn between eating the Teriyaki steak again (pictured here) or something else.



Iím obviously going solely for the BREAD!!! And dessert, probably the white-chocolate cheesecake. I want to be sure to have room for both of these, so Iím thinking of either nibbling at Ronís steak, or taking one of the kids meal as my entree. We will be having dinner here.


The second repeat is my choice.

VIA NAPOLI

I have two reasons. First, the pizza was melt in your mouth good and Iíve been craving it ever since. The second reason is the dessert (if youíre sensing a theme here, you may be right). Last time I ate the whole pizza to myself and was too full for dessert (saddest thing ever). This time Iím hoping Otaku will agree to share this bad boy with me:



That way, Iíll have no choice but to eat only half of the pizza (I may not be able to stop myself otherwise...), which will leave plenty of room for the beauty that is called Zeppole di Ricotta. I have read about this little piece of heaven on at least two different TRs lately (Queila and canít remember who else) and I. Want. It. Now. We will be having a late lunch here.



Now for the new places. The first one was a request by Otaku. We asked her if there was any restaurant she knew she wanted to try and she said : ďThe place where you can see the fishĒ.



CORAL REEF

I donít know much about the menu here, and weíre not going there for that anyway. The main attraction will obviously be the fish. Iím glad Otaku requested that because Peanut has been fascinated by the fish in the aquarium at the doctorís office every time we have gone. We have booked an early lunch here, so Claudia should be awake to enjoy the view.



KOUZZINA

This was my choice, and I chose a late breakfast here. I got the idea from Jenn (Inkedupmomma). Iím really looking forward to trying the waffles with whipped mascarpone cheese. (If youíre sensing yet another theme in the kind of food I like, cheese, you would be correct. Pat yourself on the back) I probably would not have gone out of my way to try this place, but since weíll be staying in the Epcot resort area, itís perfect for a break day.



CAPE MAY CAFE

Ron chose to have dinner here. He loves seafood, so the idea to have it all-you-can-eat sounds like heaven to him. He wants to try the fried clam strips, so hopefully I booked the correct day for it (Monday). Just to be sure, weíll look at their menu after we check-in at Beach Club and try to change our ADR if necessary. Iím just going to be eating the more ďnormalĒ food (using the word normal here only to describe the non-seafood stuff). And the desserts, obviously.


So, both Ron and I have chosen a repeat ADR and all three of us who can speak have chosen a new place to try. We should be set, right? Wrong! What is this last-minute addition, you ask? (oh wait, you didnít ask? Iím telling you anyway)



CALIFORNIA GRILL

You see, Iím not a big meat eater, but I do have two favorites that I absolutely love. Those favorites are filet mignon and teriyaki chicken. When I read someoneís (Shan) review of this, I just had to try it. So thank you, nameless person (Shan) for costing me a bundle of money. Ron and Otaku both love their meat AND their sushi, so I KNOW this will be an expensive meal. That makes me a bit nervous, but I calm myself by remembering that in a way, my mom is the one ďpayingĒ for the trip. In so many ways this will be a ďonce in a lifetimeĒ trip (going deluxe, going for New Yearís Eve, it may be Otakuís last trip with us for many years), so I figured what the heck, letís go all out. Bonus, we scored the first ADR of the evening so weíll be just in time to watch the gorgeous view and early sunset, and have plenty of time to go back to MK after to watch the new castle projection show up close.




So there you have it, our ADRs. We will be doing one more table-service, but they donít take ADRs there. If you guessed Beaches & Cream, bingo! Staying at Beach Club, there is no way I can pass the opportunity of trying their ice cream. More specifically, I really want to try the No Way Jose and a milkshake. We will be stopping here more than once! At home Iíve been trying to avoid sugar after dinner because it makes it harder for me to sleep, but at Disney, to hell with that! If I want a chocolate sunday just before bedtime, I will. Letís just hope the weather is comfortable enough for ice cream. Who am I kidding? I eat ice cream in winter here!


As you can see, this update was mostly from my point of view. I encourage Ron (I know youíre reading this my love) to come and post his possible choices of appetizers and entrees. After all, he has been spending several hours (I may be exaggerating a tiny bit here) scouring the menus and photos of food porn and trying to decide exactly what heíll be in the mood to eat 6 weeks from now. (Eeeeek, 6 weeks!)




I am behind already. Had my in-laws visit for a week so I lurked a little from my phone, but just skimmed.

The Coral Reef's menu changed. We ate there on Wednesday. (I'm a WDW "local"/) The chicken on spaetzle was really good!! What I usually order wasn't on the menu anymore. Same with the dessert menu, what I order was gone so I opted for the Blood Orange Cheesecake. Don't let the name scare you off. This is to die for!! There is an orange called a blood orange. The top of the cheesecake had a very thin orange gel, the cheesecake itself was light and airy, kind of like the Bavarian cheesecake at Germany. Instead of a graham crust, it was a thin orange cake. I took pictures, will eventually get around to posting.

Be Our Guest is a fantastic new restaurant. Did you try to get ADRs there? I know they are booking up quickly.

Yes, I do see a common theme going on your choices
lovethattink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:22 AM   #82
shan23877
I make lists about my lists
 
shan23877's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Illinois
Posts: 3,233

Oops! Sorry!



I really think you'll love it though Mel. We sure did.
shan23877 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:33 AM   #83
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 38,889

We've done soe of your ADR choices and some we want to try (we've done Kona for breakfast, but never dinner). I would love to try Via Napoli but me and sauces don't see eye to eye lately. We were not happy at all with Cape May this past September, but I think we may have had an off night there (but with the prices they charge, it will be on the back burner for quite a while).

I hope the little one is feeling better.
__________________
KatMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:01 AM   #84
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!
 
PhoenixStrength's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,974

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post

I had to Google slicker brush because I had no idea what it was. I found a website that explains it, so I should be fine shopping for one. I was able to cut two of her mats, but the rest are very close together so I'll try the other tricks. It probably was corn starch, Nikki wasn't sure which powder it was. I'll have to check if I have some. I never bake anything, I wouldn't know.
I was on my phone, or I was going to find a link for a slicker brush so you know what they are. Glad you found it on your own. It's good that you were able to cut out at least 2 of the mats, and I hope the corn starch helps with loosening the others so they can be brushed out too! Good luck!


Your dining plans look nice. I've never eaten at any of those, though I will be eating at Coral Reef for lunch this Friday! I'd love to eat at Via Napoli, but there hasn't been anything available this trip.
__________________
Aug 97 Off Site Aug 01 Off Site Sept 08 POP Nov 10 Off Site Feb 12 POP Dec 12 POP Sept 13 CBR May 14 CBR Dec 14 CBR

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

PhoenixStrength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:52 AM   #85
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 20,885

So happy to hear Claudia is feeling better!

Your ADR's look great!! We've been to all of them except CA Grill. You are going to eat well!!
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:12 PM   #86
monica23535
DIS Veteran
 
monica23535's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Nottingham, UK
Posts: 586

Your ADRs look great!

My two favorite WDW desserts are on your list, the Zeppole di Ricotta and the No Way Jose - they are to die for
__________________
Port Orleans Riverside Nov 2009
Animal Kingdom Lodge & Beach Club CL Nov 2010
Old Key West & Royal Pacific CL Oct 2011
Polynesian CL, DCL Dream & Beach Club Oct 2012

monica23535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:25 AM   #87
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran
 
PracPerfPatricia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,458

Nice ADR choices... I'm trying Kouzzina based on Jenn's review of it too... so she's going to have a lot to answer for if it isn't good... I'm sure it will be... Also going to try Via Napoli... never been to Cape May Cafe... but really like Kona and California Grill and have had really good experiences at Coral Reef as well...

I'm sorry that your little Peanut is feeling out of sorts... It is really hard before they can tell you exactly what's wrong... it gets better when they can speak... but even then it's always hard and even when you have an 18 year old Peanut some day... you aren't going to like it when she gets sick...

(I have/had a love/hate relationship with Parenting books... sometimes what works in them don't work for you... plus you can drive yourself crazy trying to diagnosis ... they can be nice for reference...)
PracPerfPatricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:51 PM   #88
AvasMommy526
Mouseketeer
 
AvasMommy526's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Upstate, NY
Posts: 285

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post

You guessed Kona right! Ron would have liked to have breakfast there so he could try a Tonga toast, but I would only have booked it had we stayed at the Poly. I chose Kouzzina instead. One breakfast ADR is enough. I do not want to waste precious park time.
Yay for Kona! I'm thrilled for the Tonga toast lol. I think Kouzinna will be great, I have read some wonderful reviews from there!
I like all your picks actually! We are eating at Via Napoli too, I'm so excited for the pizza and Zeppoles! California Grill was going to be my choice for our date night but it's going to be during the refurb so I will live vicariously through your report!!
__________________
Me- Nicole + DH DD (2) Lucy




AvasMommy526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:08 PM   #89
ronDisney
the Ron of RonnMel
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
FOOD - Table-service: Our ADRs


I wanted to go dig around the internet, and find nice little pictures of food for this update, but Im too lazy. So instead of making you wait forever for an update full of pictures, you getting an (almost) picture-less update now.

My wonderful TA (Hi Hope!) booked me my ADRs today. She was suppose to book 5, but I had her add a 6th because of an update I read in a TR recently (from someone Im not going to name *cough*Shannon*cough*).

Lets start with the two repeats, and the only two pictures youre going to see from me tonight. The first repeat was guessed by Avasmommy :


KONA CAFE

Ron really enjoyed his meal there and wants to go back. He is torn between eating the Teriyaki steak again (pictured here) or something else.



Im obviously going solely for the BREAD!!! And dessert, probably the white-chocolate cheesecake. I want to be sure to have room for both of these, so Im thinking of either nibbling at Rons steak, or taking one of the kids meal as my entree. We will be having dinner here.


The second repeat is my choice.

VIA NAPOLI

I have two reasons. First, the pizza was melt in your mouth good and Ive been craving it ever since. The second reason is the dessert (if youre sensing a theme here, you may be right). Last time I ate the whole pizza to myself and was too full for dessert (saddest thing ever). This time Im hoping Otaku will agree to share this bad boy with me:



That way, Ill have no choice but to eat only half of the pizza (I may not be able to stop myself otherwise...), which will leave plenty of room for the beauty that is called Zeppole di Ricotta. I have read about this little piece of heaven on at least two different TRs lately (Queila and cant remember who else) and I. Want. It. Now. We will be having a late lunch here.



Now for the new places. The first one was a request by Otaku. We asked her if there was any restaurant she knew she wanted to try and she said : The place where you can see the fish.



CORAL REEF

I dont know much about the menu here, and were not going there for that anyway. The main attraction will obviously be the fish. Im glad Otaku requested that because Peanut has been fascinated by the fish in the aquarium at the doctors office every time we have gone. We have booked an early lunch here, so Claudia should be awake to enjoy the view.



KOUZZINA

This was my choice, and I chose a late breakfast here. I got the idea from Jenn (Inkedupmomma). Im really looking forward to trying the waffles with whipped mascarpone cheese. (If youre sensing yet another theme in the kind of food I like, cheese, you would be correct. Pat yourself on the back) I probably would not have gone out of my way to try this place, but since well be staying in the Epcot resort area, its perfect for a break day.



CAPE MAY CAFE

Ron chose to have dinner here. He loves seafood, so the idea to have it all-you-can-eat sounds like heaven to him. He wants to try the fried clam strips, so hopefully I booked the correct day for it (Monday). Just to be sure, well look at their menu after we check-in at Beach Club and try to change our ADR if necessary. Im just going to be eating the more normal food (using the word normal here only to describe the non-seafood stuff). And the desserts, obviously.


So, both Ron and I have chosen a repeat ADR and all three of us who can speak have chosen a new place to try. We should be set, right? Wrong! What is this last-minute addition, you ask? (oh wait, you didnt ask? Im telling you anyway)



CALIFORNIA GRILL

You see, Im not a big meat eater, but I do have two favorites that I absolutely love. Those favorites are filet mignon and teriyaki chicken. When I read someones (Shan) review of this, I just had to try it. So thank you, nameless person (Shan) for costing me a bundle of money. Ron and Otaku both love their meat AND their sushi, so I KNOW this will be an expensive meal. That makes me a bit nervous, but I calm myself by remembering that in a way, my mom is the one paying for the trip. In so many ways this will be a once in a lifetime trip (going deluxe, going for New Years Eve, it may be Otakus last trip with us for many years), so I figured what the heck, lets go all out. Bonus, we scored the first ADR of the evening so well be just in time to watch the gorgeous view and early sunset, and have plenty of time to go back to MK after to watch the new castle projection show up close.




So there you have it, our ADRs. We will be doing one more table-service, but they dont take ADRs there. If you guessed Beaches & Cream, bingo! Staying at Beach Club, there is no way I can pass the opportunity of trying their ice cream. More specifically, I really want to try the No Way Jose and a milkshake. We will be stopping here more than once! At home Ive been trying to avoid sugar after dinner because it makes it harder for me to sleep, but at Disney, to hell with that! If I want a chocolate sunday just before bedtime, I will. Lets just hope the weather is comfortable enough for ice cream. Who am I kidding? I eat ice cream in winter here!


As you can see, this update was mostly from my point of view. I encourage Ron (I know youre reading this my love) to come and post his possible choices of appetizers and entrees. After all, he has been spending several hours (I may be exaggerating a tiny bit here) scouring the menus and photos of food porn and trying to decide exactly what hell be in the mood to eat 6 weeks from now. (Eeeeek, 6 weeks!)






So the wifey comes up to me one Sunday afternoon and says: Go post your reply to my post about ADRs on Disboard.
Never mind that there were probably a bunch of house chores to be done, and I pretty much finished a marathon round of video game playing (meaning I was in prime position to be told&not asked&go do some chores.) LOL!
So of course, I say: Of course sweetie&anything you say. I love you so much, thats why I wanna do whatever puts a smile on your face. And so&here I am. Hahahaha.

Truthfully though&I have put a bunch of thoughts into what I might be eating 5 weeks from now. After all this isnt ordinary food&its magical DISNEY food, and whatever ingredients make it up, my wife has told me that theres always an extra sprinkle of magic placed on every dish. All I can say is&I hope that this magic sprinkle stuff is FDA approved.
My prevailing thought for the places weve already been, is to do it differently and sample something other than what Ive already tried (within reason of course.) After all, there are some things one just has to do over again, when you visit a restaurant where youve enjoyed your meal.
So without further ado here a couple of thoughts with regards to the ADRs we have set up&

KONA CAFE
Having tried the steak there, I may just go the opposite direction and go mostly seafood. I plan on getting the tuna poke again, to share with Otaku, possibly along with some sticky chicken wings.
As for the main entrťe..I was a bit disappointed to see that the Tuna Oscar doesnt seem to be available anymore. So, perhaps I may go with the Togarashi Spiced Ahi Tuna. I saw a pic of it, and it does look very enticing.



VIA NAPOLI
I know that my wife loves the pizza here. While I enjoyed it as well&I still dont feel it was so epic that I need to have one when we visit this place again. I think that this time I may go with some pasta. I was thinking that the table could start with a little appetizer like the Mozzarella Capprese.



Then, go right to the Linguini Frutti di Mare. Hopefully, the Disney food big portions creedo, also applies to the sefood portions of this pasta dish.



CORAL REEF
As previously mentioned&the idea here is to dine under the sea. And having looked over the menu, I wasnt particularly excited by it. Still, it should make for an enjoyable dining experience.
I was considering sharing the appetizer for two with Otaku.



And then for a main entrťe, perhaps the Orange Ginger-glazed Scottish Salmon.



KOUZZINA
As were visiting this place for breakfast, I suspect I wont be too much in the mood for anything large and filling. But, if I am actually that way, I was thinking of Turkey-Sweet Potato Hash.



CAPE MAY CAFE
SEAFOOD BUFFET. NUFF SAID!!! LOL!!!

CALIFORNIA GRILL
Out of all the ADRs we have, this location has been the most difficult in determining what I may actually want to eat, as so much of it looks appetizing.
Ive read and been told that the Grilled Pork Tenderloin is amazing. So, Im kinda leaning towards that at the moment.


I have a feeling me and Otaku might also go for some kind of sushi appetizer, Im kinda leaning towards the Tuna Three Ways.



I think that about sums it up for my thoughts on the ADRs dear wifey has set up. Im very much looking forward to the trip. Though I have a feeling the ole weight will shoot up another 10 pounds by the end of the trip. LOL!!



Last edited by ronDisney; 11-25-2012 at 07:21 PM.
ronDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:23 PM   #90
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!
 
PhoenixStrength's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,974

I like hearing your take on the ADRs too Ron, you don't chime in often, but are quite funny and articulate!

I'm sure you will enjoy everywhere you eat, and I'm sure Disney wouldn't put anything in their food that wasn't FDA approved
__________________
Aug 97 Off Site Aug 01 Off Site Sept 08 POP Nov 10 Off Site Feb 12 POP Dec 12 POP Sept 13 CBR May 14 CBR Dec 14 CBR

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

PhoenixStrength is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.