Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2012, 07:28 AM   #16
AvasMommy526
Mouseketeer

Yayaya, what a great start!!! This is going to be such a magical trip for your family
I think I was still lurking at time so I never did say that I'm truly sorry about your moms passing. I can only imagine how difficult it must be, I can say that this trip will have her right with you the whole time

How exciting for NYE!! Oh my gosh, one of my bucket list items is to spend Christmas and NYE in Disney! Awesome

I don't know if I should guess 2 deluxe or one of each, monorail, Epcot, ahhhh so many choices! LOL! So I am going to guess...AOA and Poly orrrrr Yatch Club and Poly! No matter where, it's gonna be a blast!

AvasMommy526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:00 AM   #17
MiaBella05
DIS Veteran

joining in
Caribbean Beach - Oct. '08
Riverside - May '09

MiaBella05 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-15-2012, 02:14 PM   #18
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Subscribing!

Looking forward to hearing about your upcoming trip and first with DD!

I am going to guess for your two resorts... Animal Kingdom Lodge and the Polynesian

Emma x
disneybarbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:29 PM   #19
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone! So glad to see my friends here, and the new faces as well! I'll reply individually to all your posts once I'm ready to reveal the resorts. I love reading your guesses. Keep them coming!

I'm having a hard time figuring out which color font to use. Is this one too hard to read?

Would this be better? Or I can find something else.
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:34 PM   #20
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Both font colors look good to me!

I thought 7 was supposed to be a lucky number?? A September TR
PhoenixStrength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:05 PM   #21
inkedupmomma
If you live to be a 100, I hope to live to be 100 minus 1 day. So I never have to live without you.

On phone both fonts look fine, but on my desktop the original is a bit tough to read:/

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
inkedupmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:08 PM   #22
KatMark
DIS Veteran

For my old eyes, the second one is much easier to read.
KatMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:09 AM   #23
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Joining in. Can't wait to read more!

I'm going to say the Poly and Boarkwalk for your resorts.

As to the fonts, the second one is easier to read for me!
Pluto0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:34 PM   #24
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
Both font colors look good to me!
It looked fine to me too, but Ron told me it was hard to read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkedupmomma View Post
On phone both fonts look fine, but on my desktop the original is a bit tough to read:/

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
As to the fonts, the second one is easier to read for me!
Thanks for the input everyone. I ended up going with an even darken green than the second font, so hopefully that should be fine for everyone on any type of screens.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:44 PM   #25
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
me too, those old eyes will do it to us.
lovethattink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:27 PM   #26
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

The Cast

Before I introduce the resorts, I should probably talk about who is going on this trip of a lifetime.

Let's start with me. As I've said in the first post, my name is Mel. I look like Im 20, but Im actually in my early thirties. I'm a teacher and a new mom to a wonderful baby girl.

Favorite park : Its a three-way tie for first place. I like Hollywood Studios for the thrills (and TSM, and Red Velvet cupcakes), Magic Kingdom for the, well, magic, as well as the sheer amount of attractions, and Epcot for the experience overall vibe of the park. Animal Kingdom is fourth, but only by default. I love it a lot too!

My husband, Ron. He's 7 years older than me. He does some kind of office job, but most of all he is an awesome dad! He changes diapers, plays with her, and gets up in the middle of the night to feed her. I'm so lucky!!!

Favorite park: He loves DHS the most, I'm guessing because of TOT, Star Tours and RNR. He could spend the entire day riding these over and over. Like me though he actually loves all four parks, and MK, Epcot and AK (in that order) are not far behind.

Both my ticker and the first post say this trip will be Peanut's first trip. Who is this little Peanut, you ask? She's our new baby girl, Claudia. She's 5 months today!!

Obviously I don't know her favorite park yet. Instead, I'll just post more photos, because you can never have too many baby pictures, right?

Here she is, playing with her Baby Goofy.

We just started feeding her cereals this week. The first few days she'd take the spoon and shove it in her mouth. Now she's just lazy and waits for me to feed her.

There is one more person in the cast, and that is Ron's daughter, DD13. Ron does not feel comfortable with me putting photos of DD13 because we dont have permission from her mom. So Im going to cheat and put this photo of the side of her head, holding her little sister. Peanut was just 3 days old here!!

Also I wont reveal her real name. Instead Ill call her Otaku. It means nerd in Japanese. Dont worry, Im not insulting her, she calls herself that! She loves all things Japanese, anime, Korean pop music (K-pop) and Zombies. She enjoys going to Disney, but she is not a Disney fan. When she came to Disney with us at 9 y.o. her favorite park was Epcot

Old 11-16-2012, 01:33 PM   #27
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Yay for a cast update! I LOVE all of the pictures, including the ones of you and Ron, they are all great.

I thought 7 was supposed to be a lucky number?? A September TR
PhoenixStrength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:39 PM   #28
Curiouser&curiouser!
DIS Veteran

Great cast! Peanut is so cute! I can't wait to hear about the travel plans! This trip will be here before you know it.
Curiouser&curiouser! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:16 PM   #30
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Resort #1

Both resorts were guessed by at least two people. :

The first resort we are staying at is a value. December 31st and January 1st are amongst the most expensive nights to stay in Disney. It would not have made sense to switch our dates by two days to save 500$ on the flights, only to go and spend even more than that on the room. With that said, where to stay was really a no-brainer. As much as we loved POP during our Disneymoon, Id like to stay at every resort Disney has to offer. One in particular sticks out in my mind, and that is...

Art of Animation!

I WANT to stay there so bad!!! I was already excited by the concept art, but now that the resort is open and Ive seen the photos, Im blown away!!! It really looks AMAZING!!! You have to understand, Im someone who LOVES vibrant colors and bold motifs. Im much more of an in-your-face decoration kind of girl, not so much a big fan of neutrals and subtlety. So this resort is right up my alley. While I would have loved to stay in a family suite (and Ron was even pushing for us to stay in one as opposed to staying at a deluxe resort for the remainder of our stay), again it would not make sense to spend the extra money that we just saved. So we will be staying in a Little Mermaid room.

I absolutely do not mind as I think those rooms look so nice. I dont even mind the longer walk to the food court and buses, as Ill have lots to look at, what with all the gorgeous details of the different sections. Its only for two days anyway. Im especially excited about seeing the resort at night, as I havent seen too many photos of that.

Ill be back later with our choice of deluxe resort. After that next update Ill reply to all your posts individually.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: